The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well guess we have done much as we can in the last two games. Still out of our hands but Newcastle alway should be harder than Burnley at home.

Well the very least we have made sure the goons have to win all we could do .If they win the two games so be it but I think our prospects look decent enough for next year with of course a few upgrades

Toon owe us for that last game of the season where Pardew didn't even have a go - gloating that he didn't care and basically let Woolwich grab top 4.

We played Sunderland the same day, Bales last game, scored a 30 yard winner, stayed after the game to sing "we want you to stay" for nothing!

Still fucking despise the way they went about that game. Seem to remember they time wasting with a losing score line.

You've just been humiliated by your arch enemy, in front of the whole world.

Both in a two-way battle for a very valuable CL place.

Your team is depeated.

Your defence is weak.

Your morale bruised n' battered.

You now have to go away to another fever-pitch stadium; fans giddy at the prospect of a huge future; a great home record in the second half of season under their belt.

Demanding a farewell win before the summer.

Opposition players playing for their future, knowing there's an open wallet to bring in superior replacements.

You know if you draw, then your arch enemy can win their remaining game against a rock-bottom relegated team (who has a -51 GD) and snatch the prize out of your hands.

If you lose, you know your arch enemy only has to then draw against that rock bottom team.

If scum win that game, can have no complaints (unless it's handed to them, by officials), as they would have overcome a great deal, to do it.

But, you know... I just can't see it.

Absolutely thrown the whole puking bucket of pressure onto that red scum.

Now they have to go for a win.

We have done all we could and we just need one more push.

If we don't get 4tb then okay but that lot need to be made to earn it.

If they go to Newcastle and get a win given all the circumstances, then you just have to say fair enough.

I think Conte will stay regardless and we need to back him. Plenty to be positive about whether we finish 4th or 5th
100% agree
I actually say they have fluked 4th if they get it. Fair play of they can. beat Newcastle away.

If they go to Newcastle and get a win given all the circumstances, then you just have to say fair enough.

I think Conte will stay regardless and we need to back him. Plenty to be positive about whether we finish 4th or 5th

100% agree.

No need for Conte to go anywhere fit what is likely to be a point in the final analysis.

But and I think it's key, he needs the whole 125 million that is required.

A good 70 to 90 million of that can come in sales, so we are talking maybe 40 to 50 million. I don't think it's a ridiculously huge ask.

And in truth Conte is not going to have a huge amount of better options.

Back
Top Bottom