The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Great to be back in CL

Will help us get players - as the best want to be in CL and now we are back in with the right players coming in we have a much better chance of getting CL for a few successive years too.

And should give us higher £ prize money, and probably increased £ sponsorships.

So all great news to start Transfer Window !

As it stands the highest we can finish is 4th but we can't finish any lower than 4th either.

Now we can be cocky!

smug GIF

Posted that beginning of december... and we here, baby!! Woooh!!
Fair do’s thinktank thinktank

I was one of the people who teased you back on page one. I have been meaning to come on here and hold my hands up - I should have had more faith! Mea culpa and all that.

PS - you couldnt start a thread in August called “The Race For The Title”, could you? I’ll come on here and take the piss, only to be proven hopelessly wrong (again) next May ….

:dierpochhug:

COYS!!!

Fair do’s thinktank thinktank

I was one of the people who teased you back on page one. I have been meaning to come on here and hold my hands up - I should have had more faith! Mea culpa and all that.

PS - you couldnt start a thread in August called “The Race For The Title”, could you? I’ll come on here and take the piss, only to be proven hopelessly wrong (again) next May ….

:dierpochhug:

COYS!!!

Respect. 🤝

Cmon mate, how many times do you need to see that this squad is nowhere near good enough.

Do you honestly think in the big moments when it actually matters that we will actually turn up, not once but over and over again across the season? I'll say it again, no fucking chance!

Get your hopes up all you want, the only thing you can count on with these players is that they will let you down when it counts.

💪

Name me a club that hypes their supporters up so much, yet fail to deliver and fail at the last hurdle like us? You will be pushed to find a club that has so many situations go against us. There’s a reason why the phrase “Spursy” is associated with us. It’s not called Sunderlandy or Newcastly is it? I just feel we never catch a break as a club. I feel we are cursed.

So would you say today was a 'Spursy' moment? 🤨

When Conte was appointed on 2 November we had 15 points from 10 games and a goal difference of -7 ..... lying in 9th place.

We end the season in 4th place with 71 points - meaning an average ppg of 2 points from the last 28 games since he was appointed. And a goal difference under Conte of + 36 to turn the -7 GD into a respectable + 29.

Had Conte been with us for the full season, using those averages we'd have finished in 3rd place just above Chelsea.

That's a really impressive turn round given our slightly limited squad, aided of course by an amazing January window bringing in Kulusevski and Bentancur.

Never forget that Conte has got us top four with a good Matt Doherty at RWB for about 3 games and then a shit Matt Doherty/Emerson for the others.

And dumb and dumber at LWB!

Imagine what we'll do with proper wing backs!!

Back
Top Bottom