The Race For 7th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sky said yesterday OPTA reckon we have a 0.1% chance of winning the league. :ange-lol:

But the gaffer certainly thinks it's possible.
I don't get the hump that they give us a 0.1% chance.
I get the hump they give Woolwich and probably Villa more.

If you're not City or Liverpool, you should probably all get 0.0% and call it the end.

Something I've noticed about this season..... I'm finding teams I previously didn't give a fuck about more irritating.

Like, historically, I couldn't give 2 shits about Sheffield United or Brentford but their game plans at our place fucked me right off. Horrible cheatball that refs don't clamp down on. I even thought Brighton were borderline filth when they stuffed us. Players were kicking the ball away and getting away with it, and obviously someone tried to murder Deki and got away with it.

I don't think I've had such a dislike for teams since the days of Pulis, Megson, Bruce etc.

Sunday 11th February​

PREMIER LEAGUE​

• Aston Villa16:30Manchester United

Saturday 17th February​

PREMIER LEAGUE​

• Fulham15:00Aston Villa

Saturday 24th February​

PREMIER LEAGUE​

• Aston Villa15:00Nottingham Forest

Joking apart, a LOT can happen in all those games and the current gap between us and 1st is not insurmountable assuming the competition between all the teams. I know we think 7th and the media are only saying a three-way (ooooo-er) with City, Gooners the Dippers but I think with *that* run-in anything is possible. We also have no other distractions other than the league. The others all have (currently) at least one other thing, with most having two.
It really is in our hands. We’ve had a motley crew of new players, returning-from-injury players, recovering-from-sickness players, and now players returning from international duty to deal with. We’ve looked unfit and out of synch because of it. I do think Ange needs to spend the two weeks between wolves and palace getting everyone back on the same page to make an onslaught on the final part of the season.

It really is in our hands. We’ve had a motley crew of new players, returning-from-injury players, recovering-from-sickness players, and now players returning from international duty to deal with. We’ve looked unfit and out of synch because of it. I do think Ange needs to spend the two weeks between wolves and palace getting everyone back on the same page to make an onslaught on the final part of the season.
I'm all in favour of an onslaught!

Is 25 points from the next 10 game’s doable?

That would be some serious form and mean we’re putting down a real mark of ability. Would also put us in control of getting top 4.

I’d say we’re probably playing more like a team that will get 20ish from those fixtures but there’s definitely potential to put a run together there.

Something I've noticed about this season..... I'm finding teams I previously didn't give a fuck about more irritating.

Like, historically, I couldn't give 2 shits about Sheffield United or Brentford but their game plans at our place fucked me right off. Horrible cheatball that refs don't clamp down on. I even thought Brighton were borderline filth when they stuffed us. Players were kicking the ball away and getting away with it, and obviously someone tried to murder Deki and got away with it.

I don't think I've had such a dislike for teams since the days of Pulis, Megson, Bruce etc.
Perhaps where we were @ last season means we were bracketed into the also ran / looking up group and the media are retaining us in that group rather than the elite grouping.

Perception is everything, we look loads better this season, but so far actually very little has changed, it won’t be until next year when we have (hopefully) finished top 4 again that we will be viewed in a different bracket and we won’t have others considering themselves at our level. Which is what Brighton / Brentford and the ilk are currently doing I feel, with the narrative supporting them in there view point.

Perhaps where we were @ last season means we were bracketed into the also ran / looking up group and the media are retaining us in that group rather than the elite grouping.

Perception is everything, we look loads better this season, but so far actually very little has changed, it won’t be until next year when we have (hopefully) finished top 4 again that we will be viewed in a different bracket and we won’t have others considering themselves at our level. Which is what Brighton / Brentford and the ilk are currently doing I feel, with the narrative supporting them in there view point.
We were top 3 until Conte imploded

Well they have obviously noticed they will get a free pass from the ref's, and taking advantage of it!

The questions that should be asked is, why are the ref's allowing teams to kick the shit out of us, and time-wasting??

Does anyone on here think this would be allowed against ManC, Liverpool, or Woolwich?

Well they have obviously noticed they will get a free pass from the ref's, and taking advantage of it!

The questions that should be asked is, why are the ref's allowing teams to kick the shit out of us, and time-wasting??

Does anyone on here think this would be allowed against ManC, Liverpool, or Woolwich?
Absolutely right. There's something going on and it feels like it's been happening since the Liverpool debacle.

How would the fanbase feel if we got pipped to 4th place by Villa?

Villa fans making the xcuse that they were missing 3 of their 4 best defenders last night.

Adds context to how well we have done to still be where we are despite our injuries. Also, mix Newcastle into the conversation and there is no reason not expect that we kick on from here.

Back
Top Bottom