The race for top four.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How we’ve done it is perhaps not ideal I’m sure the majority would have preferred us to have breezed it on our own beating the pikeys turning it on against Bournemouth and doing it in style but football doesn’t work like that how many would have had a right chuckle at us next Sunday if it had gone south! We’ve lost out twice over the years through the gods conspiring against us what goes around comes around and every cunt and their dog thought on these occasions it was hilarious so fuck em it’s us this time. But out of united,
Chavs, goons or us did any of us deserve champions league next season? On current form no we didn’t Wolves,Watford & Everton have all been more consistent recently but again football doesn’t work like that....

60 million they paid, that's chicken feed for them. For us it's a big deal.

They are probably losing Hazard, Pulisic is a nice tidy player no question but it’s like losing Kane and getting Callum Wilson. Yeh he is a good but it’s a step down in quality.

60 million they paid, that's chicken feed for them. For us it's a big deal.

Rather 'fluid' situation subject to Hazard fee (or lack thereof) IMO.

Meanwhile, even if not 'pinching' them yet, Roman's already in penny watching mode.

Last edited:
Lets see if there is enough desire, ability, togetherness (actually not in question) to confound.

It's not quite game over for 4th but nearly.

We can go for tomorrow with a back-stop nearly in place.

We score 1st or are 1 each at half-time then we are favourites.

Will a hero please stand up.

Goons are 200/1 to get 4th, stick a tenner on it then you can't lose!!

Even though I hate Chavs with a passion - and am surrounded by them where I live - they are already in the CL and we need to keep the Arse firmly behind us.
#OWAN

I hear what you’re saying and logically it makes sense but I couldn’t support that shower against anyone although the Dippers run them close!

And Bournemouth hadn't won at home since January.

We are a gift horse that needs the end of the season.
Nah can't go with that. Bournemouth only won because we lost it due to (I assume) pressure and got two sent off (and even then we only lost 1-0 and we were away from home) - can't see Burnley getting 2 sent off! More importantly can't see Woolwich scoring 5 against any team, certainly not a relatively stubborn Burnley.
Now Everton beating us by 3 -0.........

7KSfpaK.gif

Nah - don't see that either

Last edited:
Tbh, after his first season here I have little clear idea of what Sarri-ball constitutes.

What traits does he lack vs the ones he has in your opinion?

He's a very direct player with great pace and athleticism, but not necessarily the sort of quality on the ball and tactical nous to play the sort of ponderous tiki-taka type game that Sarri seems to favor.

Liverpool would have made more sense for him IMO. His ceiling would be a Sadio Mane-type player.

He does play more centrally with the US though, so maybe that's Chelsea's view of him, I'm not sure.

I like Pulisic (i'm biased) but he's nowhere near the quality of Hazard. (Not that you were saying he is.)

I've just been awoken to the fact that he's still only 20... That's insane!

He'd only really stood out for me in 1 of the 4 games we played against BVB (The 1st at Wembley - where ultimately they flattered to deceive and got rinsed on the counter).

My impression was that he'd been on the scene for a while now and had plateaued; then usurped by BVBs next young prospect (Sancho).

We'll see eh? Hopefully I'm right on this one. :)

Nah can't go with that. Bournemouth only won because we lost in due to (I assume) pressure - can't see Burnley getting 2 sent off! More importantly can't see Woolwich scoring 5 against any team, certainly not a relatively stubborn Burnley. Now Everton beating us by 3 -0.........

I agree but it's what we do about pressure that really concerns me this season.

We seem to capitulate and it is that lack of leader which worryingly or tellingly Pochettino seems to not understand.

It holds us back and leads to the Bournemouth type fiasco.

Back
Top Bottom