The run in....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Man City twice, West Ham once off the top of my head.

I'm assuming he means 2016? 5 games against teams in the top 12 I think, 1 win 2 draws and 2 1-0 defeats, 2 of those games at home and 3 away.

Dunno why it matters anyway, there are 20 teams in the league not 12....3 points is still 3 points wherever they are in the table and more often than not the lower teams were usually the ones to trip us up.

I'm assuming he means 2016? 5 games against teams in the top 12 I think, 1 win 2 draws and 2 1-0 defeats, 2 of those games at home and 3 away.

Dunno why it matters anyway, there are 20 teams in the league not 12....3 points is still 3 points wherever they are in the table and more often than not the lower teams were usually the ones to trip us up.

English Premier League 2015-2016 Table vs Top Half Teams - Statto.com

We're 4th PPG against the top half.......a head of the Scum......miles ahead of City

Well we have won once this year against a top 12 team.
Its the only thing we can really improve on as we have been great at everything else.

I guess its more our attack that lets us down against the better teams. Not really clinical enough.
My solution is probably too simple. Buy another clinical striker. & a bit more variation to our attack.

We are probably the best against the bottom half teams.
Which is a skill in itself.
They can be very negative & frustrating to play against.
So that is a good achievement.
We seem to wear them down.

Maybe its all just a freak series of results.
Swap 2 or 3 wins against the bottom half teams for draws against the top half teams & then theres no real pattern to highlight anymore.

We could easily beat a few more of the top teams next season whilst dropping a few more pts to the lower half teams.
Or the same pattern happens & then its clear we need to improve against the better teams.

Cant decide if its just a freak pattern with no substance.
Or that we have a problem playing against the better sides.
We will know more next season.

Its a small negative amongst the sea of positives this year

Are you seriously debating with yourself whether there's a pattern in the results of five matches??? Jesus

Don't know if this has been mentioned, and I know it's not the most important thing at all, but I am very much hoping that this 2015/16 Spurs team will finish with more points than AVB's Bale-led 2012/13 side.

That was certainly a year where the top four were picking up more points than they are this year, as our 72 points were only enough to get 5th place.
We're currently sitting on 62 points, so to get 11 more, we'll be needing to win at least 3 of the remaining six (drawing at least two of the others). A win against United on Sunday would be a big step in this regard.

Now of course, if 71 points won us the league (which it almost certainly won't), then I wouldn't give a flying fuck about it - but I would like for Pochettino to hold the record for most points in a Premier League season. It's a nice benchmark of the progress that we're making.

After the last couple of weeks, it would be fucking hilarious if Sunderland beat Leicester. Would like to see half the members of Foxes Talk visiting the forum then...

anigif_original-8753-1438788601-9.gif

Are you seriously debating with yourself whether there's a pattern in the results of five matches??? Jesus
no. 17 matches. Nearly half a seasons league games.

Thanks for your lovely post though. It got u 1 laugh. Go u.

Man City twice, West Ham once off the top of my head.
Southampton too.
But yeah thin lilly was saying whether most of those games were at the start of the season.
I was just pointing out how many we have won in this calender year.

So we need to win all our games and Leicester need to lose 2 and draw 1, or lose 1 and draw 4. I think that's right... Oh well all we can do is win.

Come on Defoe and Yedlin!

At least Defoe is far more reliable than Lennon, who's sole contribution to Everton's rapidly declining season has been to net that goal against us and cost us points, who would have thought?!!

yeah, the reply to thin lilly was about this year.
But the main point was the whole season.
& i think its 4 wins in 17.
Which is balanced out by probably having the best record against the bottom half teams.

But i reckon next season we will probably beat a few more of the top half teams & also drop a few more pts to the bottom half teams.

I just thought its 1 of the few things we could improve on next year.
But its probably a freak stat.

Massive for us to see Woolwich draw today, which puts them behind us even if they manage a win in a round were we lose flat out.

I hope people do realise, that 2nd is the one we are really gunning for now, right?

Back
Top Bottom