The run in....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Most Leicester fans I know aren't counting any chickens at all. I saw a post from one which describes my feelings exactly - if someone suggests "job done, let's buy a "Champions" scarf" I want to rip their heads off because in my mind it's 50:50. However, if someone states that Spurs are going to catch us I can't help bristling and adopting the "where's the evidence for that" stance! In short, a bit schizo. I guess it's the tension and adopting to never having been in this position before.

What's it like getting tickets for you lot? It's become impossible for us, home and away. It's not been easy for a few years, but this season, it's gone nuts. Though my son just made my day as he's managed to score 2 for the Chelsea game so I'm extremely pleased with life right now.

What's it like getting tickets for you lot? It's become impossible for us, home and away. It's not been easy for a few years, but this season, it's gone nuts. Though my son just made my day as he's managed to score 2 for the Chelsea game so I'm extremely pleased with life right now.

Home ok. Our membership scheme is pretty decent and if you get online at the right time you'll be ok. Away, very difficult unless you're a season ticket holder with a lot of loyalty points.

Most Leicester fans I know aren't counting any chickens at all. I saw a post from one which describes my feelings exactly - if someone suggests "job done, let's buy a "Champions" scarf" I want to rip their heads off because in my mind it's 50:50. However, if someone states that Spurs are going to catch us I can't help bristling and adopting the "where's the evidence for that" stance! In short, a bit schizo. I guess it's the tension and adopting to never having been in this position before.
Why are you on here (if its not to gloat)?

"I want to rip their heads off because in my mind it's 50:50"
Where is the evidence for that?

YOU ARE FIRM FAVOURITES AND EVERYONE IS EXPECTING YOU TO WIN THE PL

We have a 50k waiting list mate, we sellout are home games every week for years. The big difference this year is away applications. Basically you have to be an ST with 300+ points even if it's Stoke away, which is pretty unheard of.

Why are you on here (if its not to gloat)?

"I want to rip their heads off because in my mind it's 50:50"
Where is the evidence for that?

YOU ARE FIRM FAVOURITES AND EVERYONE IS EXPECTING YOU TO WIN THE PL

I was interested to see what fans of our main (only?) rivals for the title thought about us, and what the feeling was amongst you about your own team, etc. Same reasons as many fans, including yours, visit other forums. Also because I have no grudge against Spurs and from a footballing perspective you'd be mental not to admire what your manager is building. And because, as I said in my first post the other day, it's good to see 2 teams from outside the normal top 4 (one from way outside, which makes it even better) is this unique position. I seem to remember that you had a problem with that then - are these alien concepts to you?
Don't get me wrong, I want us to win with every fibre of my being; nearly killed the cat in disgust when you scored 3 on Sunday (although I don't need much of excuse as I don't like him much anyway) - I'm a long way from being a "football's the winner" fan. But if we do slip up I'd find it far easier to swallow if Spurs won it than pretty much any of the others, and most Leicester fans I know feel the same.
That ok?

We have a 50k waiting list mate, we sellout are home games every week for years. The big difference this year is away applications. Basically you have to be an ST with 300+ points even if it's Stoke away, which is pretty unheard of.
Am I right that WHL (too lazy to look up) is only 37,000 capacity? Can see why you need a new ground. Although it puts a bit more pressure on the Wenger theories of the past few years.

I was interested to see what fans of our main (only?) rivals for the title thought about us, and what the feeling was amongst you about your own team, etc. Same reasons as many fans, including yours, visit other forums. Also because I have no grudge against Spurs and from a footballing perspective you'd be mental not to admire what your manager is building. And because, as I said in my first post the other day, it's good to see 2 teams from outside the normal top 4 (one from way outside, which makes it even better) is this unique position. I seem to remember that you had a problem with that then - are these alien concepts to you?
Don't get me wrong, I want us to win with every fibre of my being; nearly killed the cat in disgust when you scored 3 on Sunday (although I don't need much of excuse as I don't like him much anyway) - I'm a long way from being a "football's the winner" fan. But if we do slip up I'd find it far easier to swallow if Spurs won it than pretty much any of the others, and most Leicester fans I know feel the same.
That ok?

I can hear the excitement in your words, you are expecting to lift the PL title and do not expect to fail.

"But if we do slip up I'd find it far easier to swallow if Spurs won it than pretty much any of the others, and most Leicester fans I know feel the same". Sorry- easy to say when you are unlikely to slip up.

No outcome will be acceptable for either supporters unless their team win?

But can you see them winning 10 in a row? I know they don't have to, but I can't. Something will give.
Exactly. Us winning 6 in a row is more plausible than them winning 10 - especially as we have the better run in now on paper.

We just desperately need this weekend to be the first swing in our favour. Then the pressure is really on them.

Still believe this Premieship will go down to the last day of the season,with Spam and Manure wanting 3 points.
Also LC only have 2 home games left,like to think Chavs will put up a fight on last day,but you know they will bust a gut to do use COYS
As of last weekend, Chavs cannot now finish above us. As each week passes, their likelihood of CL, and then Europa will dwindle, and I fully expect their players to have their heads elsewhere when Leicester come to town. I just can't see them having the character to put up a fight.

It's a must win game for us whatever the circumstances. Your entire self congratulatory post is based on you beating West Ham - but what if they beat you? Your little foxy arses will start to go I think. And then we'll see. Something about counting and chickens?

NEWSFLASH:
According to my four year old, Foxy Loxy did actually end up eating Chicken Licken. I'm not sure how relevant this information is, but I'll just put it out there...

As I said in a previous post, they may well go on and win the title this year, but I am far more positive about the future for us. We have a cracking young team with fantastic espirit de corps, one of the best managers in Europe and the Prem's second biggest stadium being built. We are building something special, and Leicester's 15 minutes of fame will not change that.

NEWSFLASH:
According to my four year old, Foxy Loxy did actually end up eating Chicken Licken. I'm not sure how relevant this information is, but I'll just put it out there...

As I said in a previous post, they may well go on and win the title this year, but I am far more positive about the future for us. We have a cracking young team with fantastic espirit de corps, one of the best managers in Europe and the Prem's second biggest stadium being built. We are building something special, and Leicester's 15 minutes of fame will not change that.

Oh absolutely. My post was in reply to an over confident Leicester fan.

Talk Sport, Talk Sh*te,
Leicester have lot (3 games all season) and they think Leicester are going to lose 3 out of remaining 5 games ?
Just a touch of wishful thinking, aint gonna happen.....LOL !!!

I guess you didn't read this post.

The run in....

Anyway, you don't have to lose any. You could draw all 5 and still not win it. You could win 2 draw 2 and lose 1 and still not win it. That's not out of the question surely? It's yours to lose fella. Think about that.

As of last weekend, Chavs cannot now finish above us. As each week passes, their likelihood of CL, and then Europa will dwindle, and I fully expect their players to have their heads elsewhere when Leicester come to town. I just can't see them having the character to put up a fight.
Chelsea will be very much up for our match, regardless of how much the points won't really help them.
They'll do whatever they can to stop us winning the league, and can act as kingmakers if they beat us and lie down for Leicester.

And you can bet they'll lie down for Leicester - fuck me, we had a low life Chelsea troll saying they'll do as much in the other matches thread.

Back
Top Bottom