The run in....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Utd have shown they want top 4 and the FAc hasn't hindered their progress. Woolwich have done us another (also beating LC) favour by dropping points and giving Utd hope.

Woolwich bizarrely on a downward trajectory. Who was it who said lump all your money on Woolwich to win their remaining 6 games? So far they have won 1, drawn 2.

If we win tonight it more or less guarantees Champions League football next year. This was always a target from the beginning of the season, the fact it's not as exciting a moment as 2009-2010 says it all in terms of how our expectation has changed this season.

Target 1, will be achieved with a win tonight.

Target 2, can still happened, but requires some results going our way.

F A Cup. look how much we improved once we were out of the EL. Everton were putting all into the Cup, now thats gone. Stones.Baines, Barkley, Lukaku, Cleverly, jagielka even Lennon are decent players and will turn up.
JoeClash said earlier that Everton have only lost 3 away all season.

edit: I forgot
Mirallas who could replace Lennon and is very good on his day.

A draw is a possibility from the Toffeemen then? Lukaku needs to rediscover beast mode and bully the bullies.

The likes of Delafou, Lukaku, Barkley etc arent shit. On their day they can perform. Hopefully by beating Chelsea and Leicester dropping points to Utd will put the pressure on Leicester.

Next season we should EXPECT to compete. Woolwich have a problem, I think wenger could soon be out the door if they miss out on top 4. I think next season is his last season. City will be in transition under Pep.Manu will fire LVG even if he gets top 4. His style off football is un-man utd. liverpool still in transition too.We need to SCRAP the tour after the Euros. Levy deserves all the credit lately but the pre-season tour in america (or was it australia?) damaged our preparation for the beginning of the season. Not to mention kane not getting a rest.

This is something i'd like some body like the THST trust to bring up to levy. Poch also needs at least another striker, midfielder and centre back to continue his good work. Hence why i think he is holding out on his contract.

Next season we should EXPECT to compete. Woolwich have a problem, I think wenger could soon be out the door if they miss out on top 4. I think next season is his last season. City will be in transition under Pep.Manu will fire LVG even if he gets top 4. His style off football is un-man utd. liverpool still in transition too.We need to SCRAP the tour after the Euros. Levy deserves all the credit lately but the pre-season tour in america (or was it australia?) damaged our preparation for the beginning of the season. Not to mention kane not getting a rest.

This is something i'd like some body like the THST trust to bring up to levy. Poch also needs at least another striker, midfielder and centre back to continue his good work. Hence why i think he is holding out on his contract.

Absolutely no way the tour of Australia in the Champions Trophy non-event will get scrapped. The commercial money involved, is the reason we are going in the first place. Kane will be close to burn out with the Euros and pre-season, he's not had much rest in nearly 2 years. It is key we get another striker in.

Utd have shown they want top 4 and the FAc hasn't hindered their progress. Woolwich have done us another (also beating LC) favour by dropping points and giving Utd hope.
This.

United have more than a passing sniff at 4th spot. CL is what they really want. They won't even think about the FA cup now until after the season is finished. They are more than capable of handing Leicester their arses at Old Trafford. For our game against the Chavs, it is their cup final.

But, I'm getting ahead of myself. There's the small matter of tonight's game. It is an absolutely must win for us to keep the pressure on Leicester. Stating the fucking obvious there, but I can't help it. Very exciting times. :pritchardeyes:

This.

United have more than a passing sniff at 4th spot. CL is what they really want. They won't even think about the FA cup now until after the season is finished. They are more than capable of handing Leicester their arses at Old Trafford. For our game against the Chavs, it is their cup final.

But, I'm getting ahead of myself. There's the small matter of tonight's game. It is an absolutely must win for us to keep the pressure on Leicester. Stating the fucking obvious there, but I can't help it. Very exciting times. :pritchardeyes:
.....and its far from over.

If we win tonight it more or less guarantees Champions League football next year. This was always a target from the beginning of the season, the fact it's not as exciting a moment as 2009-2010 says it all in terms of how our expectation has changed this season.
Actually, a win tonight basically guarantees third place, and therefore immediate entry into the CL group stage.

Z8Xg538.jpg

It'd put us 7 points ahead of Man City and Woolwich - and they have to play each other, meaning the most they can get is one of three permutations.

1. Man City - 9 points
    Woolwich - 6 points
  2. Man City - 6 points
    Woolwich - 9 points
  3. Man City - 7 points
    Woolwich - 7 points
In situations 1. and 2., we cannot finish below both. In situation 3., it is almost impossible for Woolwich to match our goal difference.

Gareth Barry should be back though, and whilst he's very slow - he does at least offer their back four a bit of protection.
Good point. Barry is very underrated in my view. He was pivotal for City, you didn't realise how important he was for them until he didn't play. Feel it's same at Everton. They've been trash without him.

Actually, a win tonight basically guarantees third place, and therefore immediate entry into the CL group stage.

Z8Xg538.jpg

It'd put us 7 points ahead of Man City and Woolwich - and they have to play each other, meaning the most they can get is one of three permutations.

1. Man City - 9 points
    Woolwich - 6 points
  2. Man City - 6 points
    Woolwich - 9 points
  3. Man City - 7 points
    Woolwich - 7 points
In situations 1. and 2., we cannot finish below both. In situation 3., it is almost impossible for Woolwich to match our goal difference.
Like this. So if we win tonight Woolwich have to beat City to have a chance at finishing above us and a draw almost guarantees us 2nd.

Here's how I see it

Weds April 25th
Spurs beat WBA
Gap: 5 pts

Sunday May 1st
Man Utd beat Leicester
Gap: 5pts

Monday May 2nd
Spurs beat Chelsea
Gap: 2pts

Saturday May 7th
Leicester draw against Everton
Gap: 3pts

Sunday May 8th
Spurs win against Southampton
Gap: 0pts - Spurs go Top on GD.

Sunday 15th May
Leicester win against Chelsea
Spurs win against Newcastle
Gap: 0pts - Spurs take the title.

Sidenote: It would have been far easier had we been scheduled to play ahead of Leicester more instead of playing after them - they have had no pressure as a result.

Eden Hazard:

"The fans, the club, the players, we don't want Tottenham to win the Premier League. We hope for Leicester because they deserve to be champions this season."

Cesc Fabregas:

"I don't want Spurs to win it and, for what they've done through the season, I would love Leicester to win the Premier League."

Eden Hazard: Chelsea hope Tottenham miss out on Premier League title to Leicester

:parker:
Fair enough if you ask me.

If we swapped places and put Chelsea in the position we find ourselves in I'd feel the same way and would hope our players gave a hand to stop the Chavs winning the league.

All this moaning makes some spurs fans sound like Leicester's whining lot.

Poch should read those quotes to our lads before the Chelsea match.

Back
Top Bottom