The run in....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have Leicester needing a point on the final day to win it, us needing to win against an already relegated Newcastle and have Leicester lose. I predicted both sides would win, we would finish second on goal difference ahead of City, with West Ham and Woolwich coming very close for the fourth spot, goons just pipping them to it.

It's going to be difficult. I think we'll need Leicester to do something crazy e.g. lose at home to Newcastle, or for us to go on an extremely good run of wins, or for us to win at Chelsea and basically not lose any games, in order to do it.

That said it's still fairly early days and many things could happen yet.

Leicester weren't particularly impressive against WBA or Watford and, IMO, were fortunate to come away with 4 points

I still think their wheels are going to come off

We do need 6 points from next two games though which are achievable

We can still do this

:pochserious2:

I think that any notion that Leicester are going to fuck it up is wishful thinking on our part...the cunts can do no wrong at the minute, even when they aren't even fucking playing...

Team looks tired and form has dipped, even if for only two games.

Same thing happened last year at this exact moment and we had an awful last run of results.
Same thing happened at Southampton too, near the top of the table then plummeted.

Lose on Thursday and all momentum has vanished, our key players are injured or nursing injuries and most of the squad looks tired.

Son came out in an interview and said he felt exhausted, and that was a few weeks ago, so the players clearly aren't firing on all cylinders.

Chadli needs to start more for me, our goals seem to have dried up a little and we don't look that incredible going forward lately. At least with Chadli you know he's going to score.

Worrying times and could end up going either way. Beat Dortmund and morale is sky high and we could blitz to the end of the season. Lose to them and morale is low, and most players will tell you they feel more fatigued when they know they're not doing well.

Team looks tired and form has dipped, even if for only two games.

Same thing happened last year at this exact moment and we had an awful last run of results.
Same thing happened at Southampton too, near the top of the table then plummeted.

Lose on Thursday and all momentum has vanished, our key players are injured or nursing injuries and most of the squad looks tired.

Son came out in an interview and said he felt exhausted, and that was a few weeks ago, so the players clearly aren't firing on all cylinders.

Chadli needs to start more for me, our goals seem to have dried up a little and we don't look that incredible going forward lately. At least with Chadli you know he's going to score.

Worrying times and could end up going either way. Beat Dortmund and morale is sky high and we could blitz to the end of the season. Lose to them and morale is low, and most players will tell you they feel more fatigued when they know they're not doing well.
Worth a read: Tireless Tottenham running further in 2016 than any other Premier League team

It is incredible how we have a myopia for something so basic . We are going to turn some of youngsters into the next jack whishere the way they are being run into the ground. Jack wishere NEVER recovered after playing 50 games in a season. I do not expect something so severe but with regards to depth and managing our players it has been poor.Red lights are flashing, rather than be naive. We need to make the hard decisions now rather than wait for the inevitable consequences of burn out.Our champions league position/ top 4 position is under threat.I really cannot stomach another season in the league killing ropey league.
kane finished last season with a post season tour to oz land. Then he had the u21s euros, a full season with us, then the euros in the summer followed by another full season.
Its asking way too much of him.

What must be taken into account is that each week expectation for that specific round of fixtures will change in due course from now, and so on and so forth week on week. Players getting injured, suspended or massive drop in form (take Palace as a side who three months ago would be considered a very tough match, now they can't buy a win.....in the league) will change from week to week.

I look at the following weeks fixtures and see some huge matches; Everton/Woolwich, City/United, Chelsea/West Ham and Saints/Liverpool - from those matches, and should we win against Bournemouth, I'd be thinking we either extend our position over 4th or make a very good case for finishing second - but of course we could lose to Villa in between.

Either way, as tempting to start counting where points will come from, and as boring as this is to write; it is very much one week to the next. Hope others keep dropping points. Hope that the two past matches, two matches of huge significance were blips. Then hope we can catch the team who look like uncatchable currently.

It's all very exciting, as it goes.

spot on. I came on here feeling what an amazing time it is to be a Spurs fan and the shit I have read on here has me scratching my head. What a bunch of pessimistic cunts some are. We didn't have the best of weeks but scum needed 3 points a hell of a lot more than we did. Not to mention we played them off the park on Saturday. How many times in my lifetime have I been able to say that? Also, look at what others who are around us did this week bar Leicester! There is a reason we are up near the top and our GD is by far the best in the league. We are a dman good side and no one is looking forward to playing us. Have some fucking faith people damn
calm down. We all see things differently.
Id never say we played Woolwich off the park on sunday. U would.
Its good to have different opinions
We dont all have to agree that we played Woolwich off the park.

Couldn't yours be said to be pessimistic?

Statistically, what do you think the chances are of us not losing a game before the end of the season?

On a very basic level....

Played 29
Drew 10. We draw every 3 games on average. 9 games left, we're likely to draw 3-4.
Lost 4. We lose every 7 games on average. 9 games left, we're likely to lose at least 1-2.

Out of the 9 games left I'd guess...

Win, Aston Villa
Win, Bournemouth
Draw, Liverpool
Win, United
Draw, Stoke
Win, West Brom
Lose, Chelsea
Draw, Southampton
Win, Newcastle

We'd need Leicester to drop 5 points (the current gap) + 9 points (The predicted points we'll drop), a total of 14 points.

Out of 9 games Leicester have to:
Lose 5 games
Lose 4 games and 1 draw
Lose 3 games and 3 draws
Lose 2 games and 4 draws.

It just isn't going to happen. Out of Leicester's 9 games they will win at least 3-4, making it almost impossible for them to lose the league.

Best case scenario, Leicester lose to Southampton, West Ham, Chelsea. (United are shit, Everton leak goals), meaning they've dropped 9 points. Where do the other 5 we need come from?

18 points would put us on a total of 73. That isn't enough to win the premier league. 78-80 points will win it.

Last edited:
Leicester weren't particularly impressive against WBA or Watford and, IMO, were fortunate to come away with 4 points

I still think their wheels are going to come off

We do need 6 points from next two games though which are achievable

We can still do this

:pochserious2:
its all about pts towards the end of a long season. I wouldnt mind more average performances like watford away if we win the 3pts.
Also leicester rarely that amazing.
Its all about the results with them.

There are many different aspects of fatigue though. You've proven we run a lot, but how sharp are we physically and mentally? How up for it are we? How on point are the crosses, the shots, the passes, the decision making and defending?

We gave the ball away a lot against West Ham. We gave the ball away a lot against Woolwich. That's a sign of fatigue. Your fitness and your sharpness, mentally, aren't the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom