The Season in Division two

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know we had the TBWAH thread but this relates to the year we had in division two.
I remember being at Villa when relegation was all but confirmed and that was pretty tough. But what a year we had, so many memories,
Blackpool on the Prom, Bristol 9 Millwall home and away.
My personal favourite was Mansfield away. Train up and the double decker busses to the ground. Pissing rain and 3.3. What a day.
And then Brighton away when it all kicked off

Thoughts and memories?
That villa game was my first visit to white hart lane got to see hoddle score we came back from 1 down to win 3-1 so the dream lived on
Best mate got chucked out when we scored our 3rd for jumping on the pitch and shaking hands with pat jennings - only disappointment was I didn’t get to see you play (Alfie Conn)
77/8 was an amazing season - did 2,away games -palace (was kicking off everywhere) and Fulham (famous pitch invasion before kick off to “take” the home end when in truth we just wanted to get out of the pissing rain!!)

The only home I missed that season was millwall (had an important drs appointment I couldn’t rebook / or as a delicate 13 year old bottled it - take your pick)

Remember Bristol rovers for obvious reasons - Sunderland because that was the first game I ever saw us lose - the Bolton encounters in league and cup were feisty affairs - the Cardiff game we were winning 2-0 when my mate thought it would be fun to “infiltrate” the Cardiff fans - we hid our scarves and casually walked round into the Cardiff section of the park lane / as we entered Cardiff pulled one back to cause bedlam - I asked what happened and this 6 foot 4 Welsh bloke goes “we’ve scored “ I replied oh shit - I didn’t see the punch and I don’t remember it hurting but it did knock me out - an amazing season I’d put it just behind 80/81 as my all time favourite

Back
Top Bottom