The Shirt off your Back

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
Monday 8th July marked a commercial blitz of excitement around Tottenham Hotspur as the new team kits for the upcoming season were unveiled in a typically dramatic fashion. While social media and online Spurs forums focused obsessively throughout the day on what the new kits looked like and which one was the nicest, the powers that be at Spurs unsurprisingly slipped an important detail about the new kits under the radar; they’re more expensive than last season’s version. This will [...]

Continue reading...

thats fucking shameful. at Mike Ashley's shoddy sportswear emporium, the shirt is 29.99 for a junior, with the same set up on the shirt (Bale, 11, sleeve badges) costs 17 per shirt total. and i still think thats on the pricey side.

To be fair though, the whole thing is a case of supply and demand. The price will keep going up while people pay. It's a cornered market, as there is only one source of official merchandise, but ultimately it's demand-driven.

Simple thing is to only buy them a new shirt every 3-4 years, and wait for a nice one. There are enough people at WHL with shirts from other seasons, no one is pouring scorn on them. In my view there's no need for a new shirt every season, when it gets worn 20 or 30 times a year. Alternatively, just buy them in the end-of-season sale when you will pick up a home kit for half price. Then you are always wearing a recent shirt, just not the latest.

I still think if the club was clever, (by clever, I mean considering the fans... not the obvious clever money-making machine they currently are!) I'd suggest they come out with A CLASSIC Home & Away kit (after consulting the fans, AND this board as to the final design)
....that they then announce will be worn for 5 years... even if the price was £50, for 5-years worth of 'current kit' I'm pretty sure they'd sell one (eventually) to everyone inside the ground... and there won't be the '1st day' clamour to get one, 'cos we've got 5 years to get one, and if the kit is nice enough, EVERY SPURS fan will want, and most probably get one! Rather than the 25-30% (i'm making up numbers, I haven't a clue, I'm clearly guessing) of fans than own a current kit right now.

The very fact there is now several new kits every season, not to mention the cost, means I'm no longer interested in buying them.

Never bought any last season, won't buy them this season. Would rather buy a couple of Spurs Polo shirts or something that is actually useful and wearable anytime rather than at games.

Anyone who shells out for these kits are numpties and it's high time we stopped encouraging the club by saying enough is enough.

And then next season's kit (cos let's face it they will change it AGAIN) will probably be another two or three quid dearer!

I hear the argument that you can buy shirts cheaper from Mike Ashley Inc. Personally, I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.

Back
Top Bottom