The West Stand

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Are you connected Mensa?

Not in the slightest, I know a fair few people who go to the lane but since moving away in 2010 obviously have not been able to get there as often and not been able to build on it

When they came to Chicago though I did shamelessly stalk them, found Ledley doing a spot at a Pizza place at 10am, he got out of the car and I was there, no crowd at all had a lovely chat.

Not in the slightest, I know a fair few people who go to the lane but since moving away in 2010 obviously have not been able to get there as often and not been able to build on it

When they came to Chicago though I did shamelessly stalk them, found Ledley doing a spot at a Pizza place at 10am, he got out of the car and I was there, no crowd at all had a lovely chat.

I've been in the West stand once since it was built - we bought tickets off a tout for less than FV. I was impressed - nobody pissed in the sinks. Frankly, I'm not used to that level of luxury. We beat Birmingham 4-1 IIRC. Stephane Dalmat got two crackers.

only sat in park lane, only other stand i'd want to be in is shelf side, i like standing at football which is why i try to get blocks 32-35, plus theres atleast a hint of an atmosphere where i stand, still not great but it's something

A mate of my dad's sits up there. He used to offer me his ticket whenever he was travelling (which became quite frequent). Thus I've been to quite a few games there - including all my CL experiences (no other chance of a ticket). For those games I would agree that it was electric but generally it's a poor atmosphere but the same could be said for the Paxton end of the shelf.

Was also there for the scum game where Wenger was in the stands and can't have been more than 20 seats over - that was obviously funny shouting abuse at him!

One thing I would say about the W upper tho: cracking view - I always came away with a better appreciation of how we'd played as team.

Two things that strike me about this thread....
Firstly, go back 30-40+ years and the West Stand was THE place for all the singing (after the Shelf of course!)
There must be older fans (than me) who look towards that area of the ground and think; "There used to be a stand over there"

....ALSO, I've noticed that many of the players head over to the West Stand WHEN (or if) they score,... I guess it's cos many have family over there, and they want to go and kiss their ring/wrist/insert Generic Trademark Celebration here*
But the shame of it is, there are fans in the Park Lane/Shelfside corner just crying out for a bit of Player hugging and love-in, followed by the obligatory Yellow card

I've had a ST in the Paxton for 16 years...the West Stand is the only stand I've never sat in for a game, though I have been in there (when my dad had his 50th birthday at the Lane). I actually feel like I should try and sit there before we move grounds, just to complete the set, and out of interest.

My first ever game in the mid eighties was in the west. I think the only bit I haven't sat in is the east upper. It does seem from everyone's own stories and my own experiences that no matter where you sit, you might only be a few seats away from a moron.
The original part of the thread was that they seems to be people in very stand that want to sing but feel they can't. I can completely agree with this. I am usually in the Paxton (the guy I go to the games with has his ST there) and I love to sing at the games but there are only a few of us in the stand (my 61yr old dad included) that join in and appear to want to sing. I know it is supposed to be the family stand but that is no excuse not to join in. My missus thinks I am nuts when I am with my son. He is 6months old but I don't sing lullabies to him, I am teaching him oh when the spurs..... She does appreciate me teaching him 'Sol Campbell I want to know why your such a cunt' though

Back
Top Bottom