These players need selling

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Am I right or am I a coont

• Total voters
The bigger worry is that even if we manage to shift most of this in the current climate what's the quality of the replacements going to be like?

I mean somebody at the club thought a 29 year old Doherty was a good idea.

He has no re-sale value and is at best mid table levels of ability.
Doherty was ok, solid and hardworking for wolves. They seemed to be a well coached team, aggressive and attacking.
Not sure what’s happened, out of his depth or badly managed

Doherty was ok, solid and hardworking for wolves. They seemed to be a well coached team, aggressive and attacking.
Not sure what’s happened, out of his depth or badly managed
I wondered the same thing and was willing to give him a fair shake given what he did at Wolves.

But he's terrible, worst player I've seen at the club since the last Doherty Gary.

Maybe we should refuse to sign anybody that bares that name.

Disagree in parts. Lo Celso is a great player and deserves more time. Dier can be a good back up, but not reliable to start, and so is Davies. Aurier also has shown he can be a very good player, he had at least 5 very good matches this season, compared to Doherty 0, Doherty should leave ahead of him.

The cycle of this team is done. It's sad but for the long term, we should sell Son & Kane and use the profit toward rebuilding....with young, potential players for the new start of the cycle. I believe it's going to be a win-win for all.
the number of dislikes tells me just how shit scared fans are of losing players, and its the same reason why nostalgia kicks in and they hope washed guys like Jose, Bale, Eriksen can all summon up one last run.

New players enter this sport all the time, it's up for our scouts to recruit them and our coaches to develop them.

Leicester lost Mahrez, Kante and sold Maguire and Chilwell and are doing just fine and have a lot to look forward to.

Apart from Kane who has dragged us for years, Son, Ndombele who is techically gifted, Toby and a few others, this squad is bang average. There's so much deadwood at this club that are simply average and aren't good enough for a club trying to reach top 4 and beyond.

Lamela needs to go
Sissoko needs to go
Winks needs to go
Dier needs to go
Sanchez needs to go
Lo celso needs to go
Moura needs to go
Davies needs to go
Aurier needs to go
Lamela, Sissoko, Dier, Sanchez, Moura, Davies and Aurier (not because of ability)

Winks, Lo Celso I would keep for the time being.

I would add Hart and Doherty

Realistically we are not selling over 4 players in a window and not bringing in over 4 at once.

This summer - Lamela, Lucas, Sanchez, Aurier, and Sissoko should be a priority to sell.
Replaced by - Sessegnon, Clarke, Tanganga, Skipp, new CB we buy and new RB.
That is 5 players out that we could realistically sell pretty easily if Levy is not tight with money. And only 2 players purchased.

January - Look to sell Toby and Davies.
Replace with Cirkin if he is ready to backup Reguilon and a new CB.
That is 2 out in January and 1 new purchase. The standard for a winter window.

Next summer - If any of the above are still with us, move them on. Then Dier, Winks, Bergwijn if he has not improved.
Replace with any academy guys who we loan next year and a new CB, Devine, winger bought.
Devine should be ready to step in and this would be our 3rd new CB. We should be good by that point.

That is not a lot of buying if we be smart with our talented youth players and buy the right CB's.

Obviously, I would like to say sell the first 8 guys that suck and replace them but we all know that's not going to happen. The rebuild will take 3-4 windows but if done the right way and with a younger, more attack-minding manager in charge we could be ready for a title run in 2023. Right around the time Pep is gone and Klopp is out.

Back
Top Bottom