Things for which I am grateful

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

At the end of the season, it's useful to look back and consider what we're grateful for. They can be goals, signings, keeping players, results of court cases, etc.

But mostly, this season, I'm glad that the lads in white, their manager, and their chairman all had the wherewithal to bottle it, thereby preventing the coming due of a six-way murder-suicide pact on Transport of London property.

:harrysmile: your tactical incompetence kept Flav alive

:defoe: your being a few inches too short kept tehTrunk alive

:brad: your watching Taarabt's kick kept Chicago Dan alive

:bale2: your inability to stay on the left kept Thelonious alive

:lennon: your decision to never warm up your hammy kept Ricky alive

:levystare: your disinclination to spend irrationally in January kept Spooky alive

I know that somewhere on the south coast, a man—if not yesterday, if not today, then someday soon—has had his daydream of pies interrupted by the grotesque realisation that, yes,

:harryfacepalm:

"I have to put up with these clowns for one more season. Should've done the double."

Éperons said:
:defoe: your being a few inches too short kept tehTrunk alive

How different would our season have been? PL winners?

Anyway, Im grateful that we still have a chance to win the CL at Wembley next season.....and at half time, on the final day, we were 3rd. Step by step we are turning the screw, and the joy of winning something the loooooong hard way, will vastly trump the quick fix "glory" that Chelsea and City have enjoyed.

Im grateful for that.

Back
Top Bottom