This Pochettino Obsession

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Another 18months-2 years later?

........Toby's agility/movement fell off a cliff even before he'd left and Jan has been in pretty poor shape for years now (seeing him at Wembley the other month was pretty sad).
Mate, it's a bit of harmless daydreaming whilst things on the pitch right now feel pretty shit, I'm not gonna debate it with you...

I think it died the moment an unfit kane was picked ahead of lucas in that champions league final. The players clearly had an issue with that. Getting pumped by bayern and then showing no fight and getting dumped out of the league cup by league 2 opposition it was clearly over. I think the opportunity to come back to us was there and he wanted it but Levy didn't offer it so I hold no grudge against him going to Chelsea. Despite not having a trophy people around the 35-40 age like myself have never had such a good spell with such a good side for that long before. We were almost there under him never forget that.

I think it died the moment an unfit kane was picked ahead of lucas in that champions league final. The players clearly had an issue with that. Getting pumped by bayern and then showing no fight and getting dumped out of the league cup by league 2 opposition it was clearly over. I think the opportunity to come back to us was there and he wanted it but Levy didn't offer it so I hold no grudge against him going to Chelsea. Despite not having a trophy people around the 35-40 age like myself have never had such a good spell with such a good side for that long before. We were almost there under him never forget that.
I think it was dying before that. We had a freakishly good/lucky run to the CL Final but were off the boil in the league.

He was flirting with United too. I had already gone off him by the final, although whilst I definitely don't agree with him playing Kane I can certainly understand it.

I think it was dying before that. We had a freakishly good/lucky run to the CL Final but were off the boil in the league.

He was flirting with United too. I had already gone off him by the final, although whilst I definitely don't agree with him playing Kane I can certainly understand it.
For me it was the Man Utd flirting... Followed by his comment before the final that "maybe I'll go home" if we won the champions league. It was at best clumsy and potentially destabalizing before the biggest game in our history, and at worst extreme arrogance from someone starting to check out mentally. He should have been taken aside and told under no uncertain terms, that this is bigger than you or any discontentment you may be feeling.

For me it was the Man Utd flirting... Followed by his comment before the final that "maybe I'll go home" if we won the champions league. It was at best clumsy and potentially destabalizing before the biggest game in our history, and at worst extreme arrogance from someone starting to check out mentally. He should have been taken aside and told under no uncertain terms, that this is bigger than you or any discontentment you may be feeling.
I loved Poch, but the comments on the eve of the final were bloody stupid.

I think he was starting to believe his own press at that point and would have been much better off keeping quiet.

My take on it at the time was who the fuck did he think he was?

That's the kind of thing you day when you've done it all, twice over, and there's nothing left to achieve.

Not when you've fluked your way to one trophy, even if it was the CL.

What is there left to achieve???

:pochsmirk:

Well, League Cup, FA Cup, League title, Community Shield, World Club Cup, Europa League, European Super Cup, retain a title...

Quite a bit really Poch tbf.

:pochrolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom