"TITLE RACE" ( There is no sense not talking about it)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The worst thing about a title race is the wait for games. I just want to simulate the season FIFA style and get it over with. On a no gambling thing as well so can't even emotionally hedge on the opposition. If we do win the league I think I will retire as a Spurs fan. Become addicted to Enya, or waterfalls, lower the heart rate and stare at a blank wall.

And with West Ham on Monday, the single most unpredictable team going who knows what will happen to Liverpool.

If we win, thats a long time they have for the nerves to set in. And City v Scum is a win win.

Somehow, we are still there, like a drunk, beaten up old man who still thinks he has a shot with the stunner at the bar, but every now and then, she smiles at one of his lines.

Wolves for me was the end. But here we are......dare to dream. If Poch pulls this off, going out of the cups would be the most vindicated event of the season.

The table according to the pundits...

51057075_2392265804119239_3893702984164442112_n.jpg

We'll get 87 points minimum, in my opinion.

Which would be our greatest ever finish points wise. Whether that'll be enough for the league title, I have no idea. Probably not, but it'd be a great achievement.

Wins up at Anfield and The Etihad would swing things towards us in a big way. Incredible really that with all the bollocks that's gone on withnthe club this year that these two fixtures could put us on the brink of making history.

Early days and all that but if you asked any Spurs fan if they could be saying such a thing mid February with a genuine seriousness I think every one of us would have taken that situation with both hands. Shows how remarkable our season has been to date, into the knockouts of the Champions League in a group with Inter & Barca & withinntouching distance of the pinnacle of domestic football

Double is on for us in my opinion. 4 points is fuck all over 6 games with pressure on and the divergence of form between our two clubs. Irrespective of the league I just can't see us losing to them in the FA Cup. A draw at 90 minutes would be the best they could hope for in my opinion, we have an attitude of not being beat. Let's be honest, who is the one team they don't want to play next, especially in a game that you can't draw? Us. Their minds have already gone.

Why shouldn't we believe? Poch says that in football, anything is possible. i believe him.

Now I've calmed down after the Utd win, I've just come to realise the run-in in all it's glory.

6 fixtures remaining:

Chelsea have FOUR home fixtures:
- Southampton, who have nothing to play for.
- Middlesbrough, who could well be relegated.
- Watford, who have nothing to play for.
- Sunderland, who will be down.

There away fixtures are Everton and West Brom. Most likely the games we need to look at for them to drop points, even so West Brom have NOTHING to play for and it still means we have to win EVERY fixture.

Whilst we have:

FOUR away games. We have the fifth best away record in the league.
- Crystal Palace, who are fighting for survival and have beaten Woolwich and Chelsea within the last few weeks.
- West Ham, who always raise their game for their cup final.
- Leicester, who would LOVE to fucking ruin our season.
- Hull, who have a brilliant home record and still may need something to stay up.

Our two home games on paper are against teams who are STILL fighting for top four and Champions League hopes, but on our home form, I'd expect to win the two home games.

Obviously never say never. No one thought Palace would beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. Rewind a few years back and no one thought Palace would come from 3-0 down to draw 3-3 against Liverpool and end their title hopes either. We are at silly season now.

It's still a RIDICULOUSLY tough ask. If Chelsea win their next league game, the gap is back at 7 points before we even play for example. That's massive pressure on us again going into a game sandwiched between a cup semi final and a North London Derby.

But my god, it's fucking exciting and our players will smell blood at any mistake.

Edit - I'll also add that the cup semi final could be VERY crucial to the whole title chase. If we win, that's THREE losses in FOUR games which despite how good you are, is a real confidence denter. You start to doubt things, the manager may attempt to change things etc. - it just starts to doubt in their mind.

Last edited:
Son: "I do not care that people are saying Liverpool or Man City. We are still there, we are going for it."

Anything wrong with that attitude ?

If anything, irrespective of probabilities, betting odds and so forth, isnt this what every damn player should be thinking game in, game out when there are still 14 games left ?

We’ll beat Liverpool at Anfield. 99th minute penalty, a copy of The Sun will float on to the pitch and Kane will dive over it in the box. He’ll then pick the ball up off the penalty spot and throw it in the net.

Back
Top Bottom