Toby Alderweireld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lovely header, looked comfortable on the left side of defense too, maybe he just needed a break, very happy though love Toby
It was Toby of old, only one mistake when he miscontrolled and allowed the PEA chance that hit the bar.

So the question is, how come he's been so shite all season, yet has been able to provide such a comfortable performance today and for the most part in the last two games.

People get written off too quickly in football. He had a bad run of form (in a team in bad form without a DCM), and because of his age was written off as “finished”.

He’s still comfortably the pick of our defenders and it’s not even close. A Rolls Royce of a player who just had a bad patch, as can happen to anyone.

He's been pretty good all season but Verts is on his way out and Levy does not want the Sanchez investment to go up in smoke.
So right sided Toby has been playing on the left (again today) because Mr Sanchez can't play on the left.
You talk some pish Are you Igula's multi?

Sanchez has played many times on the left side of Toby

Just a shame I could not instantaneously leap up celebrating as I just expected VAR to overrule it. By the time I felt it was going to stand the moment had passed.

Class player. At 30 should be in his prime for a centre half. Form probably down to different back 4 every week until its settled recently. Belgium ain't number 1 team in world for no reason

Do you watch Spurs at all?

I'm taking a guess at no.
I've watched more or less every single game for the last 10 seasons, maybe longer.
When Toby and your man play, Toby is on the left. Same when Eric and Sanchez play.
Your man started or played a couple of times on the left but was not very good.

He's been pretty good all season but Verts is on his way out and Levy does not want the Sanchez investment to go up in smoke.
So right sided Toby has been playing on the left (again today) because Mr Sanchez can't play on the left.
Doesn't he play there for Colombia? With Mina on the right side?

I went off him, when I thought he didn't want to commit, but he has definitely played his way back into my good books, he's been nearly faultless since the return.

Back
Top Bottom