Today's press conference

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Already feel more connected with Ange than I ever did with Conte & Mourinho in any of their press conferences.

That's why we're on first name terms.

a4f0a836-f6f3-4576-82d0-cb20deb3655a.jpg

Postecoglou on Harry Kane
I don't think it's my role to sit there and treat people in a manner because of their circumstances. I treat everyone the same. Harry is already an important figure in the history of this football club. He's one of the premier players in the world. I want him here and I want to make this club successful. I'm certain he wants that as well.

It's not going to be a conversation where we come out with some kind of understanding. I just want to introduce myself and I want to know what he wants to happen to make this football club successful then we'll go out there on the training ground and make it happen.

The new Spurs boss on Tanguy Ndombele
Tanguy has been good. He's been working hard in training as they all have because they've got no choice! I take things as I see them. He was part of a Serie A-winning side last season and he's been working well. Within that context I'm pleased to have him here and part of the group. What that means for the long-term we'll see. Maybe he won't want to be part of things

Postecoglou on injuries
We do have a couple, Rodrigo Bentancur is still out. Fraser Forster has a back injury and he won't travel. There's a couple of others. We'll see how they go. I'd really like as many of the group as possible to go to begin building that team and camaraderie.
Well done for getting a random disagree from brumspur brumspur - you're now part of a very elite club.

Simply, what's not to like?

At worst he's a great motivational speaker...

At best, he's the answer to all our recent problems with ego managers, supposedly 'guaranteeing' success ..
There's no such thing.

What we want is hope....
Cos it's the hope that kills ya!

Simply, what's not to like?

At worst he's a great motivational speaker...

At best, he's the answer to all our recent problems with ego managers, supposedly 'guaranteeing' success ..
There's no such thing.

What we want is hope....
Cos it's the hope that kills ya!

How refreshing was it to have someone straight talking and not hiding behind veiled threats and agenda like our previous manager.

He made lots of great comments. A lot of it was for our benefit I think. The bit after responding to us not winning a trophy for so long especially. He was talking directly to the fans there.

More on Kane
I haven't had any assurances and I wouldn't expect any. With these type of situations you're never dealing with certainties. I can only go with what I know right now. Harry is part of the squad and looking forward to being back and part of the players

He needs to go and speak to Madderz. Word was he only signed due to assurances Kane would be staying.
He needs to pass those assurances onto BAP.

And who was certain of this Madderz info on here????

a4f0a836-f6f3-4576-82d0-cb20deb3655a.jpg

Postecoglou on Harry Kane
I don't think it's my role to sit there and treat people in a manner because of their circumstances. I treat everyone the same. Harry is already an important figure in the history of this football club. He's one of the premier players in the world. I want him here and I want to make this club successful. I'm certain he wants that as well.

It's not going to be a conversation where we come out with some kind of understanding. I just want to introduce myself and I want to know what he wants to happen to make this football club successful then we'll go out there on the training ground and make it happen.

The new Spurs boss on Tanguy Ndombele
Tanguy has been good. He's been working hard in training as they all have because they've got no choice! I take things as I see them. He was part of a Serie A-winning side last season and he's been working well. Within that context I'm pleased to have him here and part of the group. What that means for the long-term we'll see. Maybe he won't want to be part of things

Postecoglou on injuries
We do have a couple, Rodrigo Bentancur is still out. Fraser Forster has a back injury and he won't travel. There's a couple of others. We'll see how they go. I'd really like as many of the group as possible to go to begin building that team and camaraderie.

That's good man management. Phrase his threat as an option. Which it is.

I think we'd all be over the moon if Tanguy found some passion, but I am not expecting him to be anywhere near the bench after Christmas.

How refreshing was it to have someone straight talking and not hiding behind veiled threats and agenda like our previous manager.

He made lots of great comments. A lot of it was for our benefit I think. The bit after responding to us not winning a trophy for so long especially. He was talking directly to the fans there.
But, but, but... Evelebty? Without evelebty who are we, where are we?

giphy.gif

Ange.......
It's not just about winning but it's the manner in which you play your football. I'm explicit in saying my teams must play a certain way.

💙 What a man, he gets it and it fits with us as a club

Remember remember .......

"The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind
The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom"

Danny Blanchflower

Back
Top Bottom