Top 4 2019/2020

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This really is a heart not head thread

People thinking Leicester, Wolves and Everton are seriously going to finish above Woolwich and Man U are delusional.

Man City
Liverpool

The rest is all dependent on the transfer window...... If Man U, Woolwich and Us don't make any signings then its a toss of the coin who gets top 4 and who misses out.

One thing I'm sure of is that Leicester, Wolves and Everton won't be in the top 4.

Own up! ....Who spiked my cocoa with acid??? :dembele:

In your first list, how the hell do you figure such mayhem if there's NO squad changes from last year??????

Either way, Chavs are on the rise?
Don’t underestimate these fuckers, 3rd to 2nd isn’t that big of a jump, considering new manager etc etc. I don’t expect the league champions to have anymore than 93pts, and City, well it’s hard to motivate a squad 3 years on the spin no matter how good they have been in recent years.

Don’t underestimate these fuckers, 3rd to 2nd isn’t that big of a jump, considering new manager etc etc. I don’t expect the league champions to have anymore than 93pts, and City, well it’s hard to motivate a squad 3 years on the spin no matter how good they have been in recent years.

They've lost Hazard, Higuan is returning to Juventus and both Loftus-Cheek and Hudson-Odoi apparently are out until around November time at the earliest.

If their ban holds up they'll start the season looking like this:

Kepa
Azpilcueta
Luiz
Rudiger
Emerson
Jorginho
Barkley
Kante
Willian
Pulisic
Giroud

I definitely agree that we can't underestimate them but I really don't fancy that Chelsea team at all. Hazard is a monster blow for them, he carried that team through so many games and I can't see Pulisic, Willian or Pedro doing anywhere near the same for them. The transfer ban for them is key.

They've lost Hazard, Higuan is returning to Juventus and both Loftus-Cheek and Hudson-Odoi apparently are out until around November time at the earliest.

Kepa
Azpilcueta
Luiz
Rudiger
Emerson
Jorginho
Barkley
Kante
Willian
Pulisic
Giroud

I definitely agree that we can't underestimate them but I really don't fancy that Chelsea team at all. Hazard is a monster blow for them, he carried that team through so many games and I can't see Pulisic, Willian or Pedro doing anywhere near the same for them. The transfer ban for them is key.
The transfer ban might actually help them, the new manager will be forced to field within (if transfer ban sticks) and what’s to say their version of Harry Kane isn’t hiding in there somewhere...
Just get the feeling they will seriously improve since last season.

The transfer ban might actually help them, the new manager will be forced to field within (if transfer ban sticks) and what’s to say their version of Harry Kane isn’t hiding in there somewhere...
Just get the feeling they will seriously improve since last season.

I see what you're saying it a transfer ban will never help a team, let alone one like Chelsea. They have an impressive batch of kids but it would be pure fluke if they had one ready to step up like Kane did in the year they are banned from transfers. Time will tell I guess but I can't see the ban, especiallly with it coinciding with the loss of Hazard doing them any favours at all mate.

Kepa
Azpilcueta
Luiz
Rudiger
Emerson
Jorginho
Barkley
Kante
Willian
Pulisic
Giroud

Jorginho rumoured to want a move back to Italy too.

Man City will get >95 points .... they got 100 in 17/18 they got 98 last year and they will still beat all but the very best ... superb squad depth pretty much guarantees that ...

Liverpool will struggle to get near to 97 points I reckon >85 will be a good achievement

Now consider that last year the next best was Chelsea at 72, the year before us at 77 then to expect City not to come first or second is frankly delusional, and to expect the Dippers to drop >12 points from last year whilst far more realistic is still unlikely ... so in the frame for first and second City / Liverpool

Can anyone else challenge?

Now whilst I don't expect either of those two to drop below 85 points and City to get well over 90 points with ease can any of the rest catch up?

Teams who finished outside the top six - Wolves / Everton / Leicester would need to find another 30 points that's turning 10 losses in to 10 wins ... just not happening

How about 6th Utd - they would need a massive 20 more points and frankly we can all see them getting worse, Ole is a drowning man and they're throwing him lead weights ...

How about last season's 5th Woolwich - no money, far to much deadwood, and the heart of the Tin Woodman ... meh

How about last season's 3rd Chelsea - no Hazard, transfer ban, probably Lampard in charge ... double meh

So how about us? - as we stand 3rd or 4th should be comfortable, if we can add the players we are now linked with, and keep the bulk of the squad we have, then in our new home finding another 15 points is possible ... can we catch City, I doubt it not because we're not very good, but because the huge amount they've invested still has their squad of 25 just that much better ...

I'm going for us to have a solid transfer window .... everything crossed .... hence giving my predictions for next season's top four

1st - City >95 points
2nd/3rd - Liverpool >85 points
3rd/2nd - Spurs >85 points
4th - Who cares probably Chelsea < 80 points

Last edited:
There was really no difference between us, United, Chelsea, and Arse last season. All four teams fell apart down the stretch, and it was really just luck/fine margins for Chelsea to finish 3rd v. United 6th. Yes we were 3rd best for the first 28 games or so, but at the same time we weren't that far from finishing 6th.

Anyway, impossible to predict outside City/Liverpool.

1st - City >95 points
2nd/3rd - Liverpool >85 points
3rd/2nd - Spurs >85 points
4th - Who cares probably Chelsea < 80 points

Agree with your first 3.
I think Lpool will gather close to 88 points. Won’t be surprised if they end up 5 points ahead of us. Much will depend on our head to head games. Last year they took 6 points off us but we were denied a late pen at Wembley and then gifted them an own goal at Anfield.
I think 4th will likely be woolwich or man u or Chelscum in that order. Unfortunately Woolwich have a reasonable manager (at least better than Man U & Chelscum) and 2 good strikers.

No way will Everton, Leicester & wolves will finish above woolwich, chelscum

Maybe it's a bit optimistic, but I genuinely think they're capable. Woolwich had a huge slice of luck last season and look very weak defensively, and Chelsea were highly reliant on Hazard and can't replace him. Both also have European commitments which Everton and Leicester don't.

1. Tottenham
2. City
3. Woolwich
4. Liverpool
5. Utd
6. Chelsea

Obviously we will win it. Spurs have got to be the best in the land, not the second best.
Also we need to be setup as champions going into the 20/21 season - as we all know what happens when the year ends in 1, and we are going to clean up.

City are fantastic with possibly the best squad depth I have ever seen. Expect them to push us to the final game.

Woolwich seem to be getting stronger under this coach, even though they joined everyone else in collapsing for the end of the season. Beat Utd, Chelsea, Spurs - can see them building on this slightly by adding some consistency.

Liverpool to have a 'we won a trophy' hangover, pick up injuries for a change, have goals ruled offside for a change, take themselves some time to feel victims, but enough quality to pull off a top 4 finish.

Utd depends on how early they sack Ole. If he lasts longer than December, I can't see them making the top 4.

Chelsea wheels have come off really. They blagged a top 4 spot, lost their best man, going with heart for new manager - they will probably take 6th under Lampard too, giving him a couple of years to get it wrong before sacking him for some other fodder. They are starting to slip away, on and off the pitch.

We lost 13 games last year. If we get some good signings and avoid a stupid amount of injuries, we should be able to get that down to 5 - 8 games lost. This isn't a ridiculous assumption. Say, we draw 4 games.
That would give us
Win. 29
Draw 4
Lost. 5
Points 91

Arrogant paranoid deluded Dippers were lucky in lots of games last year, it won't happen again and there will be VAR this year - these will probably cost them 10 points. So they will end on about 85 -90 points.

Citeh will probably win the league, but if they don't, we could. There are lots of reasons that you could give for why City will win the league again. People gave these reasons to as why Chelsea and United would win the title again in the past. They didn't always win it again.

We could win the league.

Spurs
City
Liverpool
Chelsea

COYS

Back
Top Bottom