Top 4, bottom 3 & where will Spurs finish?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Where will Spurs finish?

• 1st

• 2nd

• 3rd

• 4th

• 5th

• 6th

• Shit season, Poch gets sacked, finish outside top 6

Results are only viewable after voting.
Don't like the way this is shaping up. We could very easily end up being weaker in defense and attack. Losing Trippier and potentially Rose, would 100% leave us weaker and the loss of Llorente and Janssen also makes us weaker depth wise in attack.

I think its necessary to get Lo Celso and another elite attacker as we are seriously lacking goals. We went from scoring 86 goals when we finished 2nd to 74 goals when we finished 3rd and now last season even further down to 67 goals finishing 4th. That is a 19 goal difference that probably accounts for an additional 15 to 20 points easily and now with an even weaker defense those goals are going to be even more important.

City - Spurs - Liverpool - Chelsea

Liverpool flattered a lot last season, just think they will drop off enough for us to catch them, sadly can't say the same about City, their focus will be CL but that squad is so strong.

Oddly Chelsea having a stable squad might help them, losing Hazard is huge but gaining Pulisic and Kovacic should offset that ... all depends how long Frank can keep it together ...

Norwich - Sheffield Utd - Burnley

Don't like the way this is shaping up. We could very easily end up being weaker in defense and attack. Losing Trippier and potentially Rose, would 100% leave us weaker and the loss of Llorente and Janssen also makes us weaker depth wise in attack.

I think its necessary to get Lo Celso and another elite attacker as we are seriously lacking goals. We went from scoring 86 goals when we finished 2nd to 74 goals when we finished 3rd and now last season even further down to 67 goals finishing 4th. That is a 19 goal difference that probably accounts for an additional 15 to 20 points easily and now with an even weaker defense those goals are going to be even more important.

Your usual sad negative shit ... and guess what you are so obsessed with running down Spurs that you didn't even answer the bloody question ...
What's your top 4 & bottom 3 prediction for the upcoming season?
what a complete dipstick

Last season we were poor at times and inconsistent. Tiredness, injuries and our limited formation options contributed to this.

We were without Kane, Aurier, Jan, Alli for large parts of the season and whilst the backups were good enough; they were forced to play every game which in turn burnt them out.

Assuming Toby and Eriksen stay and we don't suffer such bad luck on injuries; I can see us in the top 4.

Liverpool are 1 injury away from dropping significant points. Alison, Mane, Salah, Robertson, Arnold, VVD. If any one of these get an injury for a run of games; they will be in trouble.

United 2 seasons ago this squad finished 2nd. A poor start to last season has given a false impression that this united squad are rubbish. I have a feeling that Ole will play Martial as a center forward with Rashford and James (or Sanchez) cutting in. It wouldn't surprise me if United were challenging for the title this year.

Woolwich - it would be wrong to write them off. Decent squad but as usual; poor defensively. Their downfall this season will be the fan base. If the Emirates is full of Boo's and banners slagging off the ownership they will fail to motivate their players.

Chelsea - Hazard out. Loftus cheek injured. Ageing squad. Can Lampard get them motivated? I imagine they will see a strong start to the season but run out of steam by Xmas.

Spurs - May well be the toughest season Poch has faced. Other teams are looking strong and Everton/Wolves will be clipping at the heals of the top 4. Need to keep Lamela, Toby, Kane fit and use rotation of players more effectual.

Top 4 prediction

1. City
2. United
3. Liverpool
4. Spurs
5. Arse
6. Everton
7. Chelsea

Bottom 3

18. Newcastle
19. Sheffield
20. Norwich

Im going with third. i still think Liverpool and Man City are way ahead of us particulary in defence. We need a real DM aka Wanyama at his prime and improved full backs to push on. I think the gap between 2nd and 3rd will be shorter as having a real home ground for a whole season will really help us. Wembley at times was a nightmare with very little atmosophere to help push us over the line against the top teams. I think Chelsea will struggle without Hazard and Woolwich are strengthening in the wrong places. They have a very good attack but thier defence is shit. Hope my prediction is wrong and we can finish higher up the table. COYS

I think if we play Son-Kane-Moura, we have the best attack among top 6. I honestly think this group is better than Mane-Firmino-Salah or Aguero-Sliva-Mahrez.

In midfield, Winks-Ndombele-Sissoko are very strong too.

Concern is our defence and possible injury.

If we sign two top defenders and lucky with injury, I predict we can compete for the title.

1. City
2. Liverpool
3. Spurs
4. Woolwich

As of right now I think it will be Sheffield United, Newcastle and Brighton going down, although part of me can see Newcastle pulling out a 17th on the final day. City are just much better than everyone else, I really hope the Prem doesn't become a one team league.

I think if we play Son-Kane-Moura, we have the best attack among top 6. I honestly think this group is better than Mane-Firmino-Salah or Aguero-Sliva-Mahrez.
Has to be City though:

Sterling - Agüero - Bernardo Silva
Sané - Agüero - Sterling

But our front three can be very strong as well

Last edited:
Last season we were poor at times and inconsistent. Tiredness, injuries and our limited formation options contributed to this.

We were without Kane, Aurier, Jan, Alli for large parts of the season and whilst the backups were good enough; they were forced to play every game which in turn burnt them out.

Assuming Toby and Eriksen stay and we don't suffer such bad luck on injuries; I can see us in the top 4.

Liverpool are 1 injury away from dropping significant points. Alison, Mane, Salah, Robertson, Arnold, VVD. If any one of these get an injury for a run of games; they will be in trouble.

United 2 seasons ago this squad finished 2nd. A poor start to last season has given a false impression that this united squad are rubbish. I have a feeling that Ole will play Martial as a center forward with Rashford and James (or Sanchez) cutting in. It wouldn't surprise me if United were challenging for the title this year.

Woolwich - it would be wrong to write them off. Decent squad but as usual; poor defensively. Their downfall this season will be the fan base. If the Emirates is full of Boo's and banners slagging off the ownership they will fail to motivate their players.

Chelsea - Hazard out. Loftus cheek injured. Ageing squad. Can Lampard get them motivated? I imagine they will see a strong start to the season but run out of steam by Xmas.

Spurs - May well be the toughest season Poch has faced. Other teams are looking strong and Everton/Wolves will be clipping at the heals of the top 4. Need to keep Lamela, Toby, Kane fit and use rotation of players more effectual.

Top 4 prediction

1. City
2. United
3. Liverpool
4. Spurs
5. Arse
6. Everton
7. Chelsea

Bottom 3

18. Newcastle
19. Sheffield
20. Norwich
I agree with your assessment about Manure, but don't think they'll finish so high. They're definitely in with a shout for top 4, though. Early pre-season, much improved fitness regimen, young hungry team by the looks of it, all that should make them competitive.

I agree with your assessment about Manure, but don't think they'll finish so high. They're definitely in with a shout for top 4, though. Early pre-season, much improved fitness regimen, young hungry team by the looks of it, all that should make them competitive.
Depending on who they sign before the window closes, can’t see United realistically challenging for the Title, I’d be surprised if they finished above Spurs.
A lot depends on whether Pogba stays also and if he is properly motivated, if not who they sign to replace him. Assuming Lukaku goes, who they replace him with will have a bearing also.

The key for me is do we go stratospheric due to everyone knowing the Poch 'way' or whether things are getting stale and he's flogging a team of dead horses.

Or a mix of the 2, thats why I think we finish 3rd/4th.

1: Citeh
2: The mighty Tottenham
3: Dippers
4: The Glory Hunters (Man Utd)
5: Chavs
6: Blue Scousers

18: Sh.United
19: Brighton
20: Mike Ashley's boys.

Back
Top Bottom