Top 4, bottom 3 & where will Spurs finish?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Where will Spurs finish?

• 1st

• 2nd

• 3rd

• 4th

• 5th

• 6th

• Shit season, Poch gets sacked, finish outside top 6

Results are only viewable after voting.
Tried to predict the results of the first 5 games of the new season using this website.

table.png

Wolves and Chelsea to start slow (the former because of their EL campaign, the latter because I don't rate them this season). Surprisingly West Ham are in top 4 but surely won't last long there and Spurs with one loss away at City and a draw on Emirates.

Optimist projection for 2019/20 for Spurs - we repeat our points per match form through week 26 of last season (2.3), but average that over the entire campaign, meaning we finish with 88 points. New signings, new stadium, lets fucking go!

:kanegoal:

Can't see us finishing higher than 3rd this season.

Liverpool and City are both ahead of us by some margin. Ndombele definitely makes up some ground though. You could argue that, fully fit, our starting team can beat anyone but our squad depth is poor in comparison to those two. It's a long season with a lot of games crammed in, so injuries are almost a certainty.

If we were to get rid of Eriksen (who doesn't want to be here) and bring in Lo Celso (not quite as good but close enough and wants to be here), Sessengon and a big name signing like Dybala then maybe we'd be able to compete for the title. But as it stands, it's unlikely unless Liverpool and City have a stinker.

Chelsea are fucked. I can't see them finishing higher than 8th - Hazard was so important to their team. Without him, they're worse than Everton. Woolwich still have a shite defence so they'll be lucky to finish 5th. I really hope Pepe flops and turns out to be utter dog shit. United will probably sneak Top 4 this season. Everton might do well. I reckon Sheffield Utd, Norwich and Brighton will drop - Villa will be alright.

1st --> City
2nd --> Liverpool
3rd --> United
4th --> Spurs
18th --> Newcastle
19th --> Villa
20th --> Norwich

Citeh
Spurs
Liverpool
Chelsea
Woolwich
Soton
MUFC
Leicester
Everton
Wolves
Brighton
West Ham
Burnley
Bournemouth
Watford
Sheffield Utd
Norwich
Aston Villa
Crystal Palace
Newcastle

If we still have to sacrifice the domestics to achieve 4th then this window was a massive fucking waste of time.

We need silverware.

If it’s not a priority then we need to go the extra mile for players like Dybala because being the perennial also rans is getting boring.

It looks like the tide has finally turned for us; we are no longer perceived by ex-pros and pundits as ‘plucky’ Spurs, ‘hopeful’ of a top-four finish. They are finally realising that, whilst not as strong as a financially doped team with limitless funds, we are certainly a lot stronger than the legacy “top four” bar Liverpool. Talk of top six needs to stop, however; it’s clear there is now a top three and fourth place is anybody’s game.

It looks like the tide has finally turned for us; we are no longer perceived by ex-pros and pundits as ‘plucky’ Spurs, ‘hopeful’ of a top-four finish. They are finally realising that, whilst not as strong as a financially doped team with limitless funds, we are certainly a lot stronger than the legacy “top four” bar Liverpool. Talk of top six needs to stop, however; it’s clear there is now a top three and fourth place is anybody’s game.

Wow - Ruud Gullit, Karen Carney and Mark Schwarzer need their heads examined.

Regarding Liverpool - I'm really not sure why so many people have them as champions. I think they are a good side, but I can't see them doing any better than last season, whereas I can see Man City improving. Signing Rodri was big for them, as it eases their reliance on Fernandinho.

With Klopp teams, I think he pushes them so far on emotion etc. however after a while it doesn't work any more. At both Mainz and Dortmund he petered out after a while.

Back
Top Bottom