Tottenham Boys - We Are Here

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fuck I wish I'd been at some of these things...amazing stories chaps. I love an 'edge' at football, an edge which has definately been missing at Wembley, and isn't all too common anywhere these days!

One game that (for me anyway, although clearly it's nothing to the stories mentioned on here) felt edgy as fuck was when Portsmouth came to us a few years ago...it was Judas's return, and Redknapp's first game in charge against Pompey since leaving them. Media coverage was banging on about how it was likely to kick off that day.

Didn't see too much going off, but it felt pretty tense, and a lot of verbals were flying about.

Sorry for that shit story!

:dier:
Was that the match Harry saying Sandra would have scored the header that Bent missed?

The Older mob from around my way used to how shall I say "acquire"high end automobiles on a Friday night and proceed to our northern away games.
Leaving them up there and getting the train/coach home.
Took the rozzers a couple of years to put two and two together.
I wish I was old enough for them day's.
I did go to Nottingham forest v Man Utd once in a Jensen intercepter my mates dad was a publican in Paddington and just jumped in the car and off we went no tickets nothing it flew up the motorway.

Fuck I wish I'd been at some of these things...amazing stories chaps. I love an 'edge' at football, an edge which has definately been missing at Wembley, and isn't all too common anywhere these days!

One game that (for me anyway, although clearly it's nothing to the stories mentioned on here) felt edgy as fuck was when Portsmouth came to us a few years ago...it was Judas's return, and Redknapp's first game in charge against Pompey since leaving them. Media coverage was banging on about how it was likely to kick off that day.

Didn't see too much going off, but it felt pretty tense, and a lot of verbals were flying about.

Sorry for that shit story!

:dier:
I was at that game. The atmosphere was very good for a recent ish PL game. If Bent had put that away it would have been rocking. I guess the combination of Defoe’s return and C***face’s appearance added to the edge. That season was a lot of fun. Started horribly and then we went on a very decent run with Harry. Teams fancied having a go against us and matches were pretty open.

There were some 'unions' in the past but most are just a fallacy. The hatred with Spam wouldn't allow it for one thing. Our firm at Millwall was by their own admission a very good one.
Very true, but back in the early/ mid 70s ,we supposedly did have a union with them with the London United thing.
My mate swears its true.They wouldn't go with Millwall, and we wouldn't go with Chelsea,so more a marriage of convenience.Before my time, but have heard it from other sources as well.Use to drink in the pubs in and around Shoreditch High rd.

There were some 'unions' in the past but most are just a fallacy. The hatred with Spam wouldn't allow it for one thing. Our firm at Millwall was by their own admission a very good one.
Like queuing up without a ticket, for entry on the day of the game...
or being able to pass back to a Goalkeeper, and him being able to PICK IT UP... the youth of today will NEVER believe you!!

A few tried to start on the way back to Gillespie/Finsbury too. OB immediately waded in in numbers on them when they saw they were going to get battered.
Always an interesting walk to the tubes, that one.

Back
Top Bottom