Tottenham Hotspur - Financials

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You owe me one house - I have had long PM's with a very regular who's a staunch well placed Woolwich fan, he posts loads on here mostly in a constructive way, but he also has the odd wind up ... his reasoning is that he can have better dialogue on here than on Woolwich sites which he says are all dull, he also posts on KUMB which he reckons has the most intelligent conversations on any site ... find that hard to believe.

I will ask him to PM you, obviously he won't want everyone knowing, you would never guess who it is I only spotted something in one of his posts where I knew the source he referenced, something only a journalist would know, that got us talking and he fessed up.

So how do I claim your house? are you near Murcia I have property their already can get my guy to come over and do the paperwork ...
You're so boring

On the back of Woolwich Announcing £27.1m losses today, Woolwich chairman Sir Chips Keswick said: "For 2019/20 we will see increased commercial revenues from Adidas and our renewed deal with Emirates but another season outside the Champions League will continue to apply pressure to our financial results."

Surely such statements shows how we are right to not spend our Champions League revenue as a neccesity to keep functioning year on year right? Imagine the uproar if we missed out one year and had to sell to balance the books? Yes it might be less ambitious but it's far less reckless and with statements like the one Keswick has put out today about top 4 applying pressure to their financial results, it's clear it's the right way to go how we are approaching it at present.

On the back of Woolwich Announcing £27.1m losses today, Woolwich chairman Sir Chips Keswick said: "For 2019/20 we will see increased commercial revenues from Adidas and our renewed deal with Emirates but another season outside the Champions League will continue to apply pressure to our financial results."

Surely such statements shows how we are right to not spend our Champions League revenue as a neccesity to keep functioning year on year right? Imagine the uproar if we missed out one year and had to sell to balance the books? Yes it might be less ambitious but it's far less reckless and with statements like the one Keswick has put out today about top 4 applying pressure to their financial results, it's clear it's the right way to go how we are approaching it at present.

Woolwich revenue is still only slightly more than Spurs was last year (and Spurs results for the similar period to be announced end March/start of April should show Spurs revenues surging ahead of Woolwich), but Woolwich wages at £232m were £84m above Spurs last year wages of £148m, and whilst I expect Spurs wages to be higher when reported Woolwich wages are still likely to be £50m (or circa 20%) above Spurs.....on a lower revenue. Yet, whilst being a little partisan, I'd suggest Spurs have the better squad.

The other bit of good news for Spurs, is that imo the gap with Woolwich revenues will get wider over the next few years as Levy played a blinder with the stadium yet to be realised by many.....we have London's 3rd largest exhibition and conference facilities in the stadium. It'll take a couple of years to fill up as all new business take to grow but should give an additional (non football) and stable source of revenues and profits with the first full year only in the 19/20 accounts likely to be published at end March 2021.

That added to higher match day revenues from more corporate attendees, higher food and beverage sales, more non football events (NFL< music, rugby etc). So all in all its going to be more ….'mind the gap' comparing revenues and profits with our neighbours.

I really think that Woolwich is probably going to need to review their options and probably need to offload some of their high earning squad, replace them with lower earners, and accept a new role in life competing with Everton and other clubs competing for 6th place.

Woolwich revenue is still only slightly more than Spurs was last year (and Spurs results for the similar period to be announced end March/start of April should show Spurs revenues surging ahead of Woolwich), but Woolwich wages at £232m were £84m above Spurs last year wages of £148m, and whilst I expect Spurs wages to be higher when reported Woolwich wages are still likely to be £50m (or circa 20%) above Spurs.....on a lower revenue. Yet, whilst being a little partisan, I'd suggest Spurs have the better squad.

The other bit of good news for Spurs, is that imo the gap with Woolwich revenues will get wider over the next few years as Levy played a blinder with the stadium yet to be realised by many.....we have London's 3rd largest exhibition and conference facilities in the stadium. It'll take a couple of years to fill up as all new business take to grow but should give an additional (non football) and stable source of revenues and profits with the first full year only in the 19/20 accounts likely to be published at end March 2021.

That added to higher match day revenues from more corporate attendees, higher food and beverage sales, more non football events (NFL< music, rugby etc). So all in all its going to be more ….'mind the gap' comparing revenues and profits with our neighbours.

I really think that Woolwich is probably going to need to review their options and probably need to offload some of their high earning squad, replace them with lower earners, and accept a new role in life competing with Everton and other clubs competing for 6th place.

It needs to go into the club, though. Not into Levy’s bonus pot or uncle Joe’s Sky rocket.

Back
Top Bottom