Tottenham Hotspur v Ajax, Champions League Semi-Final, Tue 30th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Never thought in my wildest dreams I would utter this sentence but, in this Champions league semi-final first leg the will game will be heavily influenced by the fitness and form of Moussa Sissoko. He needs to have a very good game in the deeper central midfield position, summon the spirit beast of the Euro's!

And here it is.
Today is the day. As big a day as I can think of as a Spurs fan.
We are at the bare bones in terms of players available to take on this excellent Ajax team.
I’m excited, I’m nervous as hell & I wouldn’t have it any other way
“Oh what a night, Tottenham playing on a Tuesday night”
Let’s get the win, beat Bournemouth on Saturday and tee this season up to a grand finale
COYS

And here it is.
Today is the day. As big a day as I can think of as a Spurs fan.
We are at the bare bones in terms of players available to take on this excellent Ajax team.
I’m excited, I’m nervous as hell & I wouldn’t have it any other way
“Oh what a night, Tottenham playing on a Tuesday night”
Let’s get the win, beat Bournemouth on Saturday and tee this season up to a grand finale
COYS
Hopefully let's not blow it like we normally do the club has a chance to be the bride instead of the bridesmaids for once.

Terrified if I'm honest. I hope I can enjoy this unbelievable opportunity but I'm not sure I will. Hopefully the players are able to pull off 2 more champions league miracles...COYS

If we don’t concede tonigh I think we will go through.

Just got to fight fight and then fight a bit more.

We will get battered at some point but who gives a fuck, it’s all about results now.

To Europe to Europe tra la la la la la la la

exp30.jpg

Today is the day where the squad and poch make another step towards becoming heroes! Remember this day, as in 30 years time people will ask you what you was up to on the day that sissoko scored in the CL semi final :tobyarm:

I don't think I've ever wanted Kane in the game more than I do today(especially with son's suspension)
I have a fear that our former Ajax players, (some of whom have undecided futures) will lack the killer instinct needed when facing their understudies. Kane would lead that charge and emphatically show no mercy.

That being said if Sissoko is fit my anxiety levels will drop from sweaty palms to bubble guts. I need a petulant Dele Alli hungry for glory and an emboldened CE.

Please don't play trippier.

Food for though...Ajax have a cup final to play Sunday. Not suggesting they will rest players but, it could affect their fitness for the 2nd leg.

They have a few good players but lets be real here; we are a much better squad and have a far better coach and we will comfortably win this. I suspect Ajax will sneak in a goal around the time we make a substitution - which always seems to be our weakness.

Spurs 3 - 1 Ajax

Moura 14, 40 Alli 70
Tadic 80

Back
Top Bottom