Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester City | Premier League | 21st November @ 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well that would have been just dandy too.

Wasnt throwing Aurier under the bus, its just that he happens to be the one that is playing. (Fwiw I think he's better than Doherty, I said so when he was signed and pretty much been proven right.) I think most defenders are going to struggle with Foden because as the young say 'He's got skillz bro'

Not sure it's even a battle, to be honest.

Foden doesn't tend to play LW.

Build a bet on WH. Tempted for a fiver.

3 - 2 Spurs
Both teams to score
Spurs over 2.5 goals
Penalty to be awarded anytime, any team
Kane to assist
City first to score

126/1

Im thinking dont put it on so all the above will then happen. Thats how it seems to work most of the time...

Are you a nervous wreck yet?

CousinEddie CousinEddie
I have nerves of steel, brother...

Scared 30 Rock GIF by HULU

It doesn´t get more difficult than this match. When teams come back from 15 days of International football, usually the first match is a problematic one; it´s the same for every team, though it´s less problematic for teams who are together (players, managers, philosophies, etc) for longer. And of course, International Break did City a few favors in relation to us:

- Torres scored a hat-trick for Spain, which is big for any player.
- Reguilón played when Spain lost; was rested when Spain beat Germany 6-0.
- Sterling is obviously playing tomorrow, though he was rested from this full International Break - unlike Kane and Dier (and Winks, who by the way came back to the club with a "problem").
- Kane didn´t score a single goal for England, but played 170 minutes in total - and it´s also important to consider the intensity put in training; Jose clearly protects him, while I´m not sure Southgate does the same.
- Foden scored twice for England.
- Even Rúben Dias scored twice for Portugal.
- Jesus travelled to South America, just like Lo Celso. But Aguero was rested and trained well for a full week. This is huge. With Aguero, they are a much more dangerous team.
- Doherty got Covid-19, which leaves us with Aurier, who went to Madagascar - as far as it gets - to play for his National Team.
- Sonny probably had two or three terrible days thinking about Covid. Players are normally under a lot of stress, especially when they are playing so many games; the last thing Sonny needed was to have his health seriously put at risk to play a couple of friendlies.

I´ve seen people saying we could beat them 5-0, I´ve seen people mentioning this game as a chance to increase the team´s confidence before other important matches - Chelsea, Woolwich, Liverpool. I completely disagree with all of that. City have the best team/squad in the competition and Pep just extended his contract with them - this will surely do the team´s spirit a lot of good, one way or another. I think they are still favorites to win the title and I´d take a 0.5 vs 0 win tomorrow. Let´s go with everything.

COYS

Last edited:
I actually want City to be at full strength against us. I want our team tested to its limits. Let's see what we are really made of. I suspect the boys will surprise many people in this match.

OK..... Nerves have started to kick in now.

It's vital we last out the first 20 minutes without conceding. So many times we've faced a big game and then from the first 10 minutes we're on the back foot and the game plan goes out the window.

A nice 2 nil win would do me nicely.

The nerves for Burnley, West Brom and Brighton were off the scale so I can't imagine this will be a nice sedate affair.

Lloris
Aurier Toby Dier Regg
PEH Sissoko
Ndombele
Moura Kane Son

Good line up but based on how Le Celso played during the international break, he should start this match in my opinion.

Big game this. City aren’t playing well but are still incredible on their day

win/draw and I think a title challenge is definitely on

lose and I think it’s a top 4 race we’re in

Biggest test so far by a mile, will show where we’re at

I’m really looking forward to this game ,
If we win or draw I think we are in a title challenge , if we lose I think we can still win the EL and get top 4 but I’m just looking forward to being tested against one of the best teams in the league as this time tomorrow we will see what our team is made of! Regardless of the result I think good things are coming for this squad!

Absolutely not looking forward to this. Will be watching through my fingers, particularly if we don't settle quickly. We have been struggling to score lately after banging them in for fun early in the season. Hopefully the fact that none of our boys scored on international duty will mean they are gagging to get amongst the goals tomorrow. COYS.

City’s defence is rough as...90+ minutes behind the ball with Kane as his weird 9/10 hybrid feeding Son and Bale; Lucas on at 60 for added pace.
It will be a hard watch but could go either way. (Hopefully ours with no VAR nonsense).

I actually want City to be at full strength against us. I want our team tested to its limits. Let's see what we are really made of. I suspect the boys will surprise many people in this match.

I want City to be depleted tomorrow.

I would always choose winning with ease over being tested to our limits and probably dropping points.

Back
Top Bottom