Tottenham Vs Brighton - Tues 23rd April 2019.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Great.
So we have VAR to help refs not make shit decisions and another one helping them tell the time!!
The ref should stop his fucking watch whenever there is a delay (injury, goalkeeper taking a minute to take a goalkick etc) and add on every bloody second.
When was the last time anyone saw a full substitution take 30 seconds? Yet that is what is “allotted” added time for a sub.
Add the time on and everyone will get swiftly pissed off with it. But at least we get closer to 90 minutes of football.
How does a ref need help to tell the bloody time?

Btw- nice to meet you the other week.

To stop that kind of anti-football we had to endure last night I think we have to change the points system. I'd award 1pt for a draw, 2pts for a home win and 3pts for an away. I genuinely feel that would improve the game immensely

Great.
So we have VAR to help refs not make shit decisions and another one helping them tell the time!!
The ref should stop his fucking watch whenever there is a delay (injury, goalkeeper taking a minute to take a goalkick etc) and add on every bloody second.
When was the last time anyone saw a full substitution take 30 seconds? Yet that is what is “allotted” added time for a sub.
Add the time on and everyone will get swiftly pissed off with it. But at least we get closer to 90 minutes of football.

You too sir - and your mini-me..... (Big lad inne?)

It can't hurt - if we want time wasting eradicated, plus we all moan when the added time comes up

why is it always 1 minute in the first half and 3-6 in the second?

I wouldn't want to see this happen. Sure it's infuriating when it happens but removing it or adding a solution to time wasting will remove one of the many emotions we get from football.

The frustration we feel or see others feel when someone is smart with their shithousery I wouldn't want to lose so quickly after some of the issues we face with VAR. Too much change too soon will rip the guts out of the game. A game lasts 90 minutes, that should be enough to get the job done & if it isn't, fair play to the team who wriggled their way to a point or three.

The game doesn't need independent time keepers for time wasting, it needs a higher standard of refereeing consistency. No change to the rules or anything extra implemented required.

To stop that kind of anti-football we had to endure last night I think we have to change the points system. I'd award 1pt for a draw, 2pts for a home win and 3pts for an away. I genuinely feel that would improve the game immensely

4 points for a win would do it - anyone drawing too many games would get relegated

I see the theory behind what you're saying but no chance this will be good for the game. If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

Home games for the big teams are evolving into a grind & would have a lot more of a slugfest if this kind of thing got implemented granted but the variation in match you get to watch for me is enough. Tough one as you can't trial run such a theory anywhere but the top level where the big teams are hindered at home the most

over the years i've seen many teams rock up and park the bus but last night is by far the worst i've ever seen. The disgusting brand of 'football' we witnessed last night has no place in the modern game. Their fans spent a lot of money and gave up their time to be treated like that.. Absolutely ridiculous and lost a lot of respect for Chris Hughton last night.
I understand that they were fighting for their lives and all that crap but why not defend for your lives and then have a go from time to time, who knows they could have taken all 3 points as we weren't at our best.
No sympathy if they go down, none at all.

Seen a few comments early in the match thread about how quiet the fans were? Really?
It was ok and better than any other ground who's team are playing Brighton and their anti-football. Creating an atmosphere is all about adrenaline and if the game is a big damp squib it's hard to get any adrenaline going, also if you are such a super fan, why not come along and show us all how it's done instead of moaning on your nice comfy sofa?

Well done to the players for not giving up and justice was done.

COYS !!!!!!!

This is almost word for word what I was thinking, really irks me when teams do this with no consideration for fans, its just awful football. Felt like a waste of 87 minutes. The xG must've been about TOT 0.1 BHA 0.0

And people then have the cheek to complain about "lack of atmosphere".

why is it always 1 minute in the first half and 3-6 in the second?

Substitutions almost always take place in the second half, hence the extra minutes. 6 substitutions = 3 minutes.

Lloris took an age with his kicks when we were 1-0 up. Son took forever to be sustituted in added time. Dele often takes a detour to high five his team mates when being subbed (as long as the clock is in our favour)

Leave the rules as they are. It's annoying but let the officials police the game.

I see the theory behind what you're saying but no chance this will be good for the game. If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

Home games for the big teams are evolving into a grind & would have a lot more of a slugfest if this kind of thing got implemented granted but the variation in match you get to watch for me is enough. Tough one as you can't trial run such a theory anywhere but the top level where the big teams are hindered at home the most
Honestly, I'd like to see it implemented and trialed somewhere. With all the money at stake now, the lesser teams are so shit scared of getting relegated they've stopped even attempting to win away and have similarly neglected the domestic cups in the desperate pursuit to finish 17th.

Personally I think something is broken and a change like this might benefit fans of actual 'football' - don't know how Brighton fans can watch that shit every other week. Back in the day they changed it from 2pts to 3pts for a win so I'm not afraid of the change...just an idea I've had for years

After reading some of the posts here, I really think a few people should do a few coaching badges to help identify why there were longs shots and why punting the ball to Llorente wouldn't have worked. I appreciate its a touch of nerves whist watching but at the end of the day we have no influence on whats going on and perhaps we should just support.

im not sure your points suggestion would work,because of the way the fixtures are played near the seasons end...some teams are likely,as this year,to have more home games and more points to play for in their run in

Two things from last night... and both 'atmosphere/crowd' related;

Firstly... the group of Laaaads (about 4/5 of them) a few rows in front of me in the South Stand... Block 250, row 15/16, (or thereabouts... don't wanna name-and-shame anyone who doesn't deserve it!) were giving it the FULL 1980s out of date; "Brighton Shitstabbers/Does your Boyfriend Know you're here...? / We can see you holding hands" repertoire...
it was as tiresome as it was dated, and after a good 20+ mins of it, I did shout "FOR FUCKS SAKE GIVE IT A REST" ...but luckily we were attacking the Brighton goal at the time, so those around them got on with actually supporting our team, rather than aiming homophobic abuse at the away fans... pathetic TWATS!

The other thing was; I know a Brighton supporting mate in the away end (who is straight FYI) who said that our; "clap-clap-clap clap clap clap; Yids" chant from the South stand was as spine tingling and impressive as it gets, and heard from the away end, (with, I assume, the slight time delay between clap and Yid ) far outweighed the Iceland fan's "Ourrrgh" 'thunder clap thing' they did at the World cup!

By all accounts, the Brighton fans were mightily impressed... just thought i'd share!

Great.

Not sure why time isn’t kept off the pitch by a 5th official in a count DOWN scenario. Seems to me the center guy has enough on his hand to worry about the clock.

Not sure why time isn’t kept off the pitch by a 5th official in a count DOWN scenario. Seems to me the center guy has enough on his hand to worry about the clock.
I still don't know why they don't have a giant clock in each ground, that is stopped when the ball is out of play, like in rugby. No arguments then, as everyone can see how much time is left, and that would cut out a lot of time wasting.

Back
Top Bottom