U-18/U-21/Loans/Development Squad (2011-2018)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Loans & Development Squad thread

Lancaster won't play for a while, he has been grumbling about pain stopping him from playing.

HyNdZee said:
Any news on the development squad in Italy yet?

I know they played Calsio Como on Saturday but haven't heard anything...

Hoping at least one of the likes of Ceballos, Lancaster and Coulibaly can impress if they went.
I remember reading on Windy's Twitter they got thrashed 6-1 or something by Como.

From Ipswich official site:

Paul Jewell paid tribute to Massimo Luongo after the teenager impressed during Town's 2-0 win over Cambridge.

Michael Chopra struck twice in the second-half at the Abbey Stadium and the striker could have had more as Blues made it two wins and two draws from the pre-season campaign so far.

Massimo played a holding role in midfield in his first appearance in a Town shirt following his year long loan move from Tottenham, with Scott Loach also lining up for the Club for the first time.

"I thought Massimo was outstanding for us," said the Town boss.

"He trained with us for the first time yesterday but has settled in and although I know it's only a pre-season friendly, I thought he showed great confidence for a 19-year-old.

"He looks a good footballer. There is that touch of quality about him."

I know it shouldn't, but for some reason hearing that makes me feel all :sploosh:

Sploosh.gif

WindyCOYS said:
0-0 with Como :)

Luongo made his Ipswich debut tonight.

Windy an joy with finding out the lineups for that game? Could only find out that Luongo played in it

COMO (4-3-3): Micai (dal 27’ st Twardzik); Benvenga, Schiavino (dal 1’st Sallaj), Ambrosini (dal 1’ st Del Pivo), Marchi (dal 1’ st Fautario); Velardi (dal 13’ st Mazzocca), Ardito (dal 1’ st Cilfone), Tremolada (dal 1’ st Gotler); Ndongala (dal 31’ st Petillo), Lambrecht, Donnarumma (dal 1’ st Bardelloni). All. Paolucci.
TOTTENHAM (4-3-3): Button; Byrne, Hall, Veljkovic, Stewart (dal 23’ st Ekong); Bentaleb (dal 1’ st Munns), Luongo, Pritchard (dal 23’ st Barthram); Falque, Coulibaly, Mason (dal 38’ pt Comelt). All. Sherwood.

Our young keeper Jonathan Miles is out on trial at Bishop's Stortford (club Jordan Archer spent last season at and excelled).

http://www.hertsandessexobserver.co.uk/ ... 072012.htm

He's played in one game already but was barely tested, there's another friendly today where they will take a look at him again.

With Jordan Archer with the team on the US tour David Button has been playing in the Spurs Development Squad games.

Not sure where Bostock and Ceballos are as they aren't in the US and aren't playing in the development games. Bostock had tweeted he was going to Portugal but tweeted the day before the Boro game that there's no place like home. Still being linked with Swindon.

Loans Snapshot
Bongani Khumalo - PAOK (end of season)
Simon Dawkins - San Jose Earthquakes (end of MLS season - 30th November 2012)
Massimo Luongo - Ipswich town (end of season)

Copied from http://www.tottenhamhotspurs.tv/players ... my-46.html

Our Development squad is in a tournament that is taking place in Albufeira stadium, in the Algarve, on Friday, Sunday and Monday (July 28, 30 and 31), when in an inaugural ‘B Cup’ featuring Sporting Lisbon, Benfica, Tottenham Hotspur and Farense, their reserve teams compete in a four-way tournament.

The Albufeira Tournament squad is likely to include :

Goalkeepers : David Button, Luke McGee

Defenders : Kevin Stewart, Jack Barthram, Milos Veljkovic, Grant Hall, Nathan Byrne, William Ekong

Midfield : Dean Parrett, Jake Nicholson, Ryan Mason, Giancarlo Galifuco, Iago Falque, Alex Pritchard, Laste Dombaxe, Tomislav Gomelt, Nabil Bentelab, Ryan Fredericks, Cristian Ceballos, Jack Munns, John Bostock

Strikers : Souleymane Coulibally, Shaquille Coulthirst

Cameron Lancaster is still injured. Archer, Carroll, Townsend, Kane and Smith are with the first team, Miles on trial for a loan with Bishops Stortford whilst Luongo is on loan at Ipswich.

zin said:
William Ekong is no longer listed as a 3rd year academy scholar but as a professional, even though Spurs announced a couple of weeks back he signed a 3rd year scholarship and not a professional contract.

More interestingly Laste Dombaxe, who only turned 17 in May, is listed as a professional also http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs/Team/professionals-profiles.page?PlayerName=Laste Dombaxe

I noticed that as well. Do you think that is a mistake on the Club website? They only list a GK, Lawrence Vigouroux as a 3rd year scholar.

In a similar vein, the club website does not have Souleymane Coulibaly, Nabil Bentaleb, Tomislav Gomelt, Milos Veljkovic or Horacio Olaya listed. Are these guys considered "professionals" or are they still part of the academy?

jonesinginsc said:
zin said:
William Ekong is no longer listed as a 3rd year academy scholar but as a professional, even though Spurs announced a couple of weeks back he signed a 3rd year scholarship and not a professional contract.

More interestingly Laste Dombaxe, who only turned 17 in May, is listed as a professional also http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs/Team/professionals-profiles.page?PlayerName=Laste Dombaxe

I noticed that as well. Do you think that is a mistake on the Club website? They only list a GK, Lawrence Vigouroux as a 3rd year scholar.

In a similar vein, the club website does not have Souleymane Coulibaly, Nabil Bentaleb, Tomislav Gomelt, Milos Veljkovic or Horacio Olaya listed. Are these guys considered "professionals" or are they still part of the academy?

From my understanding the year depends on the age, most 2nd year scholars end up becoming professionals and only some (like GKs) who are slightly older and not given a professional contract end up being 3rd year scholars.

With regards to the others, I think the Spurs website didn't know where to put them or missed them out in the update accidently. They aren't 17 yet so they can't be listed as professionals due to them unable to sign a professional contract. That said they are listed on wiki as 2nd year scholars http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tottenham_ ... nd_Academy - it looks like the academy list prior to the Spurs website recent update.

zin said:
Copied from http://www.tottenhamhotspurs.tv/players ... my-46.html

Our Development squad is in a tournament that is taking place in Albufeira stadium, in the Algarve, on Friday, Sunday and Monday (July 28, 30 and 31), when in an inaugural ‘B Cup’ featuring Sporting Lisbon, Benfica, Tottenham Hotspur and Farense, their reserve teams compete in a four-way tournament.

The Albufeira Tournament squad is likely to include :

Goalkeepers : David Button, Luke McGee

Defenders : Kevin Stewart, Jack Barthram, Milos Veljkovic, Grant Hall, Nathan Byrne, William Ekong

Midfield : Dean Parrett, Jake Nicholson, Ryan Mason, Giancarlo Galifuco, Iago Falque, Alex Pritchard, Laste Dombaxe, Tomislav Gomelt, Nabil Bentelab, Ryan Fredericks, Cristian Ceballos, Jack Munns, John Bostock

Strikers : Souleymane Coulibally, Shaquille Coulthirst

Cameron Lancaster is still injured. Archer, Carroll, Townsend, Kane and Smith are with the first team, Miles on trial for a loan with Bishops Stortford whilst Luongo is on loan at Ipswich.

Can't find any information about how this tournament panned out. All I can see is that Sporting B beat Farense 3-0 but it seems none of the other games happened. We were meant to play SC Olhanense on the 31st of July as well but that was cancelled.

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate ... CF4Q7gEwCA

Seems Jonathan Miles has joined Bishop's Stortford on loan.

http://www.hertsandessexobserver.co.uk/ ... 082012.htm

Stortford overcome error from on-loan Spurs keeper to crush Stevenage

Bishop's Stortford 4, Stevenage 2

Stevenage, watched by chairman Phil Wallace, might not have been at their strongest but Stortford were impressive throughout and would not have even conceded a goal were it not for a howler by on-loan Spurs academy keeper Jonathan Miles.

He made a hash of things when he came out to clear on 18 minutes, allowing Stevenage striker Filipe Morais to slot an equaliser into an empty net from the edge of the box.

It was a shame as Stortford had completely dominated up to that point and had taken the lead after only seven minutes.

BISHOP’S STORTFORD: Miles (Kitteridge 69), Jones (Lampe 73), Herd (Milton 73), Abdullahi (Lette Jallow 73), Anderson, Obaze, Johnson, Cawley (Mullings 69), Sappleton (Barnett 75), Ginty (Pavett 69), Prestedge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom