U-18/U-21/Loans/Development Squad (2011-2018)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would seem that Marcus Edwards will be off this summer...

Sadly that's what all the media are reporting.

I think there are 2 separate reasons causing this :

1. ME is small for his age and is not going to be able to play much first team football in the short term - although its a shame he's not had a few more sub appearances

2. The extensively rumoured/reported discipline issues, which probably don't help his claims for more first team football, although as I said above, I think it would be limited due to his current size.

Not sure what kind of compromise is possible ? And like many youngsters, he will want to (maybe even demand) to play first team football at aged 19.

I think this kind of general scenario is going on at many PL academies - ManCity lost Jadon Sancho in a high profile case whilst both Woolwich and Chelsea have lost young (< 19) players to big clubs in recent months - with European clubs becoming aware of some very technically able players out of PL academies who are frustrated at not playing first team football.

If Edwards does leave, I've never been more confident that he will fail.

He may go down as one of those big 'what ifs' at Spurs.

A shame. But if you're hoping to get by on natural ability alone, you're not going to make it to the very top. You ultimately have to work hard and respect those around you. Something on both accounts that Edwards doesn't seem to want to do.

If Edwards does leave, I've never been more confident that he will fail.

He may go down as one of those big 'what ifs' at Spurs.

A shame. But if you're hoping to get by on natural ability alone, you're not going to make it to the very top. You ultimately have to work hard and respect those around you. Something on both accounts that Edwards doesn't seem to want to do.

The Ravel Morrison end.

Player update 8 June 2018 - News - tottenhamhotspur.com

The Club can confirm the departures of Development Squad players Ryan Loft, Christian Maghoma, Luke O’Reilly, Joe Pritchard and Nick Tsaroulla following the conclusion of their contracts.

Second Year Academy scholar Matthew Lock has also been released.

No real surprises there - shame about Tsaroulla as he has been injured all season.

Harrison, Glover, Tracey and Brown stay - but that might be because the club thinks they can get a fee and/or in the case of Tracey the unscheduled departure of Bennetts mean they want to keep him as cover.

Waiting for the publication by PL of full retained list for any additional comment

Premier League clubs publish retained lists

Position at 3rd Saturday in May.

Contracts

Alderweireld, Toby Albertine
Alli, Bamidele Jermaine
Amos, Luke Ayodele
Aurier, Serge
Austin, Brandon Anthony
Bennetts, Keanan Chidozie (extended)
Brown, Jaden (extended)

Carter-Vickers, Cameron
Davies, Benjamin Thomas
De Bie, Jonathan
Dembele, Mousa
Dier, Eric Jeremy Edgar
Dinzeyi, Jonathan Toko Lema
Duncan, Dylan
Edwards, Marcus
Eriksen, Christian
Eyoma, Timothy Joel
Foyth, Juan Marcos
Freeman, Charlie
Gazzaniga, Paulo Dino
Georgiou, Anthony Michael
Glover, Thomas William
Harrison, ShayonExtended
Heung-Min, Son
Hinds, Tariq Devontae Aaron
Janssen, Vincent Petrus Anna
Kane, Harry
Lamela, Erik
Llorente Torres, Fernando Javier
Lloris, Hugo
Marsh, George Owen
Nkoudou Mbida, Georges-Kevin
Oakley-Boothe, Tashan
Ogilvie, Connor Stuart
Onomah, Joshua
Patterson, Phoenix MacLaren
Reynolds, Jamie Joe
Rodrigues Moura da, Lucas
Roles, Jack
Rose, Daniel Lee
Sanchez Mina, Davinson
Shashoua, Samuel
Sissoko, Moussa
Skipp, Oliver William
Sterling, Kazaiah
Tanganga, Japhat Manzambi (extended)
Tracey, Shilow (offer)

Trippier, Kieran John
Vertonghen, Jan
Vorm, Michel (extended)
Walker-Peters, Kyle
Walkes, Anton
Wanyama, Victor
Whiteman, Alfie
Winks, Harry

Scholars

Bowden, Jamie Patrick
Clarke, Rayan Romario
Griffiths, Reo Revaldo (extended)
Lyons-Foster, Brooklyn
Maghoma, Edmond-Paris
Markanday, Dilan Kumar
Mukendi, Jeremie
Okedina, Jubril Adesope
Oluwayemi, Oluwaferanmi Joshua
Pochettino, Maurizio
Richards, Rodel
Shashoua, Armando
Statham, Maxwell Louis
Tainio, Maximus Mikael
Thorpe, Elliot Morgan

So its official, Griffiths extending his contract !

2nd year Academy Players Oliver Skipp, Jamie Reynolds & Phoenix Patterson were already on professional contracts and are now joined by Jonathan De Bie, Charlie Freeman, Tariq Hinds & Jon Dinzeyi who have all now signed professional contracts with the club.

Reo Griffiths is listed (on the Spurs Retained list above) amongst the scholars still suggesting that he has taken up a 3rd year scholarship rather than a professional contract - which might be a little surprising

Dane Scarlett (striker) has been called up to Selection Camp 1 of the England u15's which runs from July 31 to August 3. Expect there to be 3 camps totalling circa 75 players this year.

Khalon Haysmann (CM/AM), Brandon Bryan-Waugh(CB) and Jordan Hackett (CB) have all been invited to the 2nd camp which runs from the 14th-17th August

There are likely to be a few other call ups from Spurs - most likely player being Omari Forson, CM - for the 3rd and last England camp in late August.

Spurs seem to have a strong year group at u15's.

Haha. Somehow managed to miss the word goalkeeper.

hqdefault.jpg

I see that Bielsa has been named the new Leeds manager, Pochettino's idol so will be interesting to see how many players he'll loan out there next season (if any)? My guess would be Carter Vickers, Georgiou and possibly even Whiteman as a back up keeper.

William Troost-Ekong played 90 minutes for Nigeria, not a good Nigerian side. Hem made a fair few appearances for Dutch youth sides, surprised he changed nations - but of course he wouldn't be at this WC with Netherlands !

Milos Veljkovic on the bench for Serbia today - think he was a bigger loss to Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom