U-18/U-21/Loans/Development Squad (2011-2018)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
No surprise that we want to see how Sterling develops, but maybe more of a surprise with Tracey who doesn't seem to have the level of technical skills required but does have physique, decent running ability and can play in a number of positions - maybe we are trying to develop our own Sissoko rather than buying him !

Maybe the club think they can get a fee for Tracey?

Maybe the club think they can get a fee for Tracey?

Possible, but it would not be high at the moment as I suspect he'd only be of interest to League 2 teams, but maybe with a loan or two over the next season or two he would interest League 1/Championship (after all we bought him so we musty have thought he had good development potential at that point in time).

Possible, but it would not be high at the moment as I suspect he'd only be of interest to League 2 teams, but maybe with a loan or two over the next season or two he would interest League 1/Championship (after all we bought him so we musty have thought he had good development potential at that point in time).

I think that experience of playing in the dev squad is one of the main reasons he has been kept on. A major factor would have been losing Bennetts and possibly Edwards also. Maghoma was also offered another year by the club infact.

Word up here in Sweden is that Spurs have tabled an offer for Swedish U21 striker Joel Asoro. Currently at Sunderland. He's been with Sunderland since 2015 so should class as a home grown?. He's 19 years old but very highly rated up here and seen as one of Sweden's brightest attacking prospects. Word is Sunderland has accepted the offer.

I'll see if I can find anything more

Interesting, talented young player indeed. Gave our U23's a tough game two seasons back, down in Stevenage. Were it not for a Pau Lopez wondersave he would have scored.

I think that experience of playing in the dev squad is one of the main reasons he has been kept on. A major factor would have been losing Bennetts and possibly Edwards also. Maghoma was also offered another year by the club infact.

Maybe, but although (per stats below) we have lost Bennetts, Maghoma and Pritchard who played a lot for the u21's last season and I'd guess we will not see much of Amos, Harrison or Edwards or Sterling for the u21's next season there is still pretty much a full team(without Tracey) (ie Brown, Dinzeyi, Duncan, Eyoma, Tangana, Georgiou, Marsh, Roles Shashua, Skipp plus Whiteman/Austin) ) who might be said to be u21 regulars going into next season with a number of players who played 1/2/3/4/5 matches as a 'taster' last season and who realistically should have no problem in stepping up.

So not sure whether the main reason for retaining Tracey is necessarily linked to his u21 experience. I don't think he has enough technical ability to succeed at Spurs but his physique says he should cope with 'mens' football so I'd have guessed a loan is more likely next season rather than u21 football. But we'll see I guess.

Player Starts Subs Goals
Luke Amos 15 0 0
Keanan Bennetts 23 5 8
Jaden Brown 12 5 0
Rayan Clarke 0 1 0
Jonathan Dinzeyi 8 0 0
Dylan Duncan 7 6 2
Marcus Edwards 13 1 4
Timothy Eyoma 16 1 1
Anthony Georgiou 12 1 1
Reo Griffiths 1 3 0
Shayon Harrison 10 1 5
Tariq Hinds 1 1 0
Erik Lamela 1 0 0
Matt Lock 0 2 0
Ryan Loft 5 8 1
Brooklyn Lyons-Foster 4 1 0
Christian Maghoma 25 1 2
George Marsh 18 2 0
William Miller 3 0 0
Tashan Oakley-Boothe 3 2 0
Joe Pritchard 20 7 4
Jack Roles 9 4 4
Samuel Shashoua 14 9 5
Oliver Skipp 19 1 1
Kazaiah Sterling 20 5 11
Maximus Tainio 0 1 0
Japhet Tanganga 17 0 1
Shilow Tracey 20 7 2
Nicholas Tsaroulla 0 1 0
Anton Walkes 2 0 1
Tottenham Under-23s 2017-18 - YouthHawk

Last edited:
Spurs have updated the Development Squad page as if today :.
Development Squad - tottenhamhotspur.com

GK - Glover, Whiteman, Austin, De Bie, Freeman
CB's - Dinzeyi, Tanganga, Eyoma
RB's - Walkes. Hinds
LB's - Ogilvie, Brown. Reynolds
DM's/CM's - Amos, Marsh, Duncan, Oakley-Boothe, Roles, Omolabi
CAM - Edwards
W/F's - Georgiou, Shashoua, Tracey
ST - Harrison, Sterling, Griffiths

That's a big 26 player squad so I have highlighted in Blue those I expect to be sold or go on loan pretty much before the season starts - with a slight possibility that Amos might impress Poch on the pre-season trip enough to join first team training and even possibly sub appearances. And Edwards, who knows ?

Oakley-Boothe seems to have been injured for a good bit of the season but played in all 2017/18 pre-season matches so may also join the first team (or be loaned out).

Omolabi I thought left Spurs in about February this year to join Reading so a bit surprised to see him still listed.

With the number of gk's I might expect either Whiteman or Austin (both equally good gk's to go on loan), but they are still quite young as gk's to go on loan.

So if those 7 or 8 players leave (or are promoted to first team) it reduces numbers to about 19 players (including 4 GK's).

That's still a big squad given that we have a dozen players in Academy Year 2 of whom most would expect the odd u21 game, and some (such as Skipp) to command a regular u21 place.......and it would not surprise me if Parrott started to play u21 games in the 2nd half of the season after what we saw of him playing u17/u18 football towards the end of the season and 'end of season youth tournaments'.

Excellent spot! Interesting date for the game as our U23's will be competing in a competition in France whilst a whole load of youngsters (about 10-11) will be in the States with the first team. So would imagine it would be an U18 side.

Going to be a tough match if its mainly the new Academy Year 2 side - might need a couple of older heads to help. Maybe the likes of Ogilvie and Harrison if Poch doesn't fancy them enough to take them away with the first team and probably wouldn't go to an u21 tournament ?

Best of luck to Scott Parker - but shame as he was only just starting to get his feet under the table.

We will undoubtedly require a replacement as we have lost quite a few very good youth coaches in recent years and its one area where you really want continuity as the lads progress through multiple years of the academy system as coaches knowing the lads inside out is essential to best develop them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom