Uh, New Crest? (again)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you feel we should have a new crest?

• No! *current crest tattooed on ass*

• Yes! *opens Paint*

• I couldn't care less what the Spurs crest looks like. *supports Lakers*

Results are only viewable after voting.

shangweibaliu

No, I'm not Asian. Why do you ask?
Food for thought.

The question of a possible new crest for Spurs might currently sound far-fetched, but as it seems that we have renewed our crest on average every 11 years (more frequently in the last 20 years, see pic) it might not be too much to question whether a new one might be coming up in the next 5 years. In your opinion,
1) How likely is it that this will happen (again) in the near future? New owner = new crest?
2) Why have we re-modeled the crest sooo many times already? Isn't this counter-productive when trying to establish a brand? What has been the rationale so far?
3) Which way should we go (stylistically)? Problems with the current one? Are there any alternative versions out there?
TqQT8fh.png

Food for thought.

The question of a possible new crest for Spurs might currently sound far-fetched, but as it seems that we have renewed our crest on average every 11 years (more frequently in the last 20 years, see pic) it might not be too much to question whether a new one might be coming up in the next 5 years. In your opinion,
1) How likely is it that this will happen (again) in the near future? New owner = new crest?
2) Why have we re-modeled the crest sooo many times already? Isn't this counter-productive when trying to establish a brand? What has been the rationale so far?
3) Which way should we go (stylistically)? Problems with the current one? Are there any alternative versions out there?
TqQT8fh.png
1921-1951 is so French it makes me want to throw up.

I have a confession... in late late 1995/early '96 I wrote off to Pony with suggestions for 3 new kits (kids did that in those days, we actually had to WRITE IN!) and in amongst my suggestions was a Chocolate & Gold 3rd kit, and the use of the old classic Shield as a badge (gotta admit, I think Arse had done it in the early '90s and it did look quite good...)
...of course, they wrote back with a polite "thanks for your suggestions, but run along now, there's a good chap" ...but the results, as i'm sure you'll agree... were there for all to see... for a couple of seasons at least!!
TqQT8fh.png

spurs_badge1.jpg
This is simple. (and if it faced the other way we'd be better)

Anyone know if there's a particular reason the cockerel faces left (from our perspective)? Perhaps if we dared to do and switched it to the right, the change in fengshui would bring us the title :pochsmirk:

Probably get relegated instead.

Back
Top Bottom