USA OUT of the World Cup

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

US Soccer is pretty fucked up right now, and our domestic league is trying to move a founding member more or less under the cover of darkness...

US Soccer is pretty fucked up right now, and our domestic league is trying to move a founding member more or less under the cover of darkness...

I've almost completely turned my back on the MLS. I was a Galaxy season ticket holder and defender of the league, but it's just been one thing after another that the MLS are ruining things. This is the latest.

The US men's team might be pitiful but it was nice watching the US women dismantle S. Korea today.
I give 10,000x more shits about our Women's team than our men's.

Freudian slip. Look at that, I capitalized Women's and left men's lower case. That is the state of American soccer.

"One issue could be whether FIFA would be willing to let other nations host exhibition games during the World Cup"

If countries want to play games of football then they should.
FIFA can fuck off.
FIFA would never condone it. Purely because there's the possibility an organiser can come in, make a good amount of money and, by cutting out FIFA, can afford to pay the participating FAs more and thereby make the other competition more lucrative and attractive than the WC.

It should be named "The Cup Italy Will Win"

But seriously though, a World Cup B would be a great watch.

Italy
Chile
Cameroon
Ivory Coast
some really good teams*

*I didn't include the US for a reason

It should be named "The Cup Italy Will Win"

But seriously though, a World Cup B would be a great watch.

Italy
Chile
Cameroon
Ivory Coast
some really good teams*

*I didn't include the US for a reason
They way Italy played the other day, you might want to change the name to "The Cup Chile Will Win"

Back
Top Bottom