Watford @ Wembley. 30/01

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Never defected was dumped by the club signing for gooners merely proved it was one of the worst decisions ever made

He could have gone anywhere but admitted going there to piss off the Spurs heirarchy.
Not really the behaviour of a legend in my opinion

Would you be ok if Eriksen went there to make a point over lack of sigings

He could have gone anywhere but admitted going there to piss off the Spurs heirarchy.

Don’t be such a twat we released him so why not accept the only offer that meant you didn’t have to relocate your own family ? Always gave 100% in a spurs shirt and is absolute legend

35564-1447240179.jpg
He is a bit of a hunk and I'm glad he managed to get the winner yesterday, as I don't think his good looks would have saved him after missing two sitters.

We also got rid because we thought his back up was better

I do understand what people are saying with Gazzaniga, but for me lloris is still the better keeper, and I'm not sure about Gazzaniga as a permanent 1. Still, hope he proves Mr wrong on that score, be very happy if he does. Seeing as Allison, who strikes me as decent, but nowt special, cos 60 odd million
On form Lloris is the better keeper and should be first choice
At the moment his form is poor, and the team don't appear nervous with Gazza behind them, but they looked a mess at that corner that their captain and keeper made a horlicks of.

I just wonder how bad it has to get, before he gets dropped. Not sold - just rested, to get his focus back.

My actual seat isn't in the concourse, that's where I had a cuppa before going out in the cold! However, it's definitely a bit more comfy, padded seats and doors to keep out some of the draughts. We're behind the goal near the away fans and apart from a couple of rows, it was deserted. Still no queues for the loos or refreshments and got to the station without any hold ups, so every cloud 'n all that.
I’ve chosen CW a lot this season but couldn’t justify more than £35 for the game. Ended up sitting in a great seat on the shelf side and the game had me shouting and jumping a lot to keep warm. Travel was indeed a dream, relatively speaking.

Been suffering with COPD for a while. Lungs gave up today, induced a cardiac arrest. Came back twice, then went.

Paramedics are angels on Earth. Brought him back twice and stayed at it for an hour. They were exhausted.

Why we don't put all our money into the NHS, I do not know.

The Spurs done it one last time for the old fella.
Condolences dude

Don’t be such a twat we released him so why not accept the only offer that meant you didn’t have to relocate your own family ? Always gave 100% in a spurs shirt and is absolute legend

Errrrrr because it was Woolwich?

Support it all you want, its not the stuff of a legend, and if it happened today, you wouldnt be so cuddly about it
He turned down Man U ffs

Last edited:
On form Lloris is the better keeper and should be first choice
At the moment his form is poor, and the team don't appear nervous with Gazza behind them, but they looked a mess at that corner that their captain and keeper made a horlicks of.

I just wonder how bad it has to get, before he gets dropped. Not sold - just rested, to get his focus back.
That's fair enough

Now, should we start calling each other a cunt at this point?

In the land of "what if"

What if the Son penalty had been given v Liverpool
What if we hadn't given two goals away in the last few minutes v Watford
What if we'd turned up in the second half v Wolves.

Oh well, back to work.
Works both ways. Palace away they missed a sitter. Fulham away they should not have let little Winksy to score with his head. We’re where we should be IMHO.

Ahh. The Pat Jennings debate again.
Man is a legend.
Told by the club he was not getting a new contract. Replaced by an absolute calamity.
It was a huge misjudgment by our club. He would have stayed with us until the end of his career had we given him the opportunity.
He was a free agent.
He was offered a great deal by that lot.
He had a young family, in an era where it was normal to keep them in the same family home and the same school. Why uproot everyone when there was a great offer on the table that prevented that? And a chance to prove his ex employees wrong.
Whilst I understand the fans perspective of a treachery, I don’t see it that way. He was happy to stay, told to leave and chose what was, for him and his family, the best option. Any fan would do exactly the same thing if they were told they could leave their current work.

Man is a legend.
Told by the club he was not getting a new contract. Replaced by an absolute calamity.
It was a huge misjudgment by our club. He would have stayed with us until the end of his career had we given him the opportunity.
He was a free agent.
He had a young family, in an era where it was normal to keep them in the same family home and the same school. Why uproot everyone when there was a great offer on the table that prevented that? And a chance to prove his ex employees wrong.
Whilst I understand the fans perspective of a treachery, I don’t see it that way. He was happy to stay, told to leave and chose what was, for him and his family, the best option. Any fan would do exactly the same thing if they were told they could leave their current work.

Turned down Utd to join Woolwich...."relocate his family", it wasnt like he had to go abroad.
He played for Woolwich for 12 years....Spurs legend?

https://www.gunnerstown.com/Woolwic...in-the-highbury-hero-with-hands-like-shovels/

tenor.gif

If we end up releasing Toby, and he goes there, will you sympathise?

Man is a legend.
He was a free agent.
Spot on. Couldn't be more different to the c**tbell scenario. And Jennings is so very clearly Spurs when you see him or speak to him in and around the club.

Back
Top Bottom