We need to talk about THST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should THST merely apologise publicly, or mark their new irrelevance by disbanding entirely?

• Public apology

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • Disband

Votes: 28 41.8%
  • Let them eat cheese

Votes: 24 35.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The temerity of these cunts.

I express my often fucked-up opinions as an individual. These cunts think their opinions are worthy of the grand title: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters' Trust. Their individual opinion is greater than all of our opinions.

And they use it to hurt the team. Where is the apology?

Paxman , are you going to report the findings of this thread back to your committee?

Yes, I'm going to report to them that you don't like them, they will be devastated.

I'm not a member of the Trust btw.

I'm pretty sure a member of the trust leadership wouldn't waste their time arguing with the likes of you on here like I am. 10 mins of my life I won't get back.

As far as you are concerned Daniel Levy is wonderful and its all great at THFC. The THST are evil and most be banished from this earth, not everyone feels the same as you do.

In the absence of a voice on the board then something is needed, you haven't offered anything worth mentioning as an alternative apart from insults.

Yes, I'm going to report to them that you don't like them, they will be devastated.

I'm not a member of the Trust btw.

I'm pretty sure a member of the trust leadership wouldn't waste their time arguing with the likes of you on here like I am. 10 mins of my life I won't get back.

As far as you are concerned Daniel Levy is wonderful and its all great at THFC. The THST are evil and most be banished from this earth, not everyone feels the same as you do.

In the absence of a voice on the board then something is needed, you haven't offered anything worth mentioning as an alternative apart from insults.
Why does there need to be an alternative? We are already a collective, a tribe, we do not need some cunt to start a women's guild for us.

You say "not everyone feels the same as you". Fuck me man. This is my point. The fascists at THST think they speak for every one of us. They publicly traduced the club at the start of the season. They conflated disparate issues with clumsy abandon. The media took that ball and ran with it.

And you know what? That was the intention of the THST letter. They wanted a media storm. They wanted to be important. They wanted to be Spurs.

But they are not. And now they must apologise and fuck off.

Have any of you who have such a bad opinion of the THST board ever listened to any of the podcasts that they've featured on? If not then I suggest you do, and hopefully you'll get an understanding of just how much they do in their own time to help supporters.

Have any of you who have such a bad opinion of the THST board ever listened to any of the podcasts that they've featured on? If not then I suggest you do, and hopefully you'll get an understanding of just how much they do in their own time to help supporters.
I'll give it a go. I'll research their acts of kindness.
But this thread is about the letter designed to derail our season.

Gone one better, met them in person. Still think they are self-important numpties.

They tried to organise putting out flags for a cup semi a few years ago and I've seen first hand the utter shambles they are. Not only did they make an absolute hash of arranging it, they then all sat down and watched the volunteers do the work while they took all the credit..... It's their M.O.

It's cute that they haven't yet realised that they are Levy's pet project, they think that going into his office for a chat once a quarter and eating Jammie Dodgers (Tesco's own cos Levy ain't no mug) makes them the special ones, I bet he laughs his arse off once they leave.

They also seem to have the staff turnover of a communist regime, self-preservation is the order of the day.

But nah i don't really care, I'm ambivalent towards them as you can tell. :dembelelol:

They also seem to have the staff turnover of a communist regime, self-preservation is the order of the day.
Well yeah. They've openly said that they've served much longer in their positions than they should have. Because nobody else has been willing to put themselves forward, they've had no choice but to continue in those roles themselves, until somebody else stands for election.

Pretty sure they'd gladly step aside if you fancied taking up the mantle.

Gotta say the whole "if you don't like it then join" idea is one of most absurd things I've ever seen. Imagine applying that logic to anything else in life...

"If you don't like the BNP, the join and try to make them less racist"

"If you don't like the way McD's taste, then get a job there and make it taste better."

"If you don't like Putin, then become a Russian citizen and vote him out"

"If you don't like Ahab's opinions, then engage him in conversation and change his mind."

None of these things are good ideas.

Gotta say the whole "if you don't like it then join" idea is one of most absurd things I've ever seen. Imagine applying that logic to anything else in life...

"If you don't like the way McD's taste, then get a job there and make it taste better."

"If you don't like Ahab's opinions, then engage him in conversation and change his mind."

It's not remotely like any of those examples though.

Gone one better, met them in person. Still think they are self-important numpties.

They tried to organise putting out flags for a cup semi a few years ago and I've seen first hand the utter shambles they are. Not only did they make an absolute hash of arranging it, they then all sat down and watched the volunteers do the work while they took all the credit..... It's their M.O.

It's cute that they haven't yet realised that they are Levy's pet project, they think that going into his office for a chat once a quarter and eating Jammie Dodgers (Tesco's own cos Levy ain't no mug) makes them the special ones, I bet he laughs his arse off once they leave.

But nah i don't really care, I'm ambivalent towards them as you can tell. :dembelelol:
Compelling first person testimony

Well, it is slightly different actually. It is more like:
If you are a racist but don't think the BNP represents you join and change it.

Well yeah. They've openly said that they've served much longer in their positions than they should have. Because nobody else has been willing to put themselves forward, they've had no choice but to continue in those roles themselves, until somebody else stands for election.

Pretty sure they'd gladly step aside if you fancied taking up the mantle.
Are you on the committee? Did you write the letter?

It's not remotely like any of those examples though.
Its exactly like the first one. In a micro sense the THST is a political organization created to lobby for change in policy at the club level. It's ridiculous to charge people who neither believe in the mission of the THST nor the operations of the THST with the responsibility of joining the THST to change its mission.

Its akin to saying that because I don't like the GOP, its policies and values, that I should join the GOP and seek office to try and change it. Rather than simply not voting for or supporting the cunts.

The reality is the THST are a bunch of serial moaners, who represent a very small segment of the supporters, and make grandiose "demands" of the club as if anyone gives a fuck about them. They're fucking delusional. Look at their website, they claim credit for getting Spurs Wembley whilst NWHL is under construction. Self important louts, they don't need joining they need leaving - the better for them to wither and die.

Its exactly like the first one. In a micro sense the THST is a political organization created to lobby for change in policy at the club level. It's ridiculous to charge people who neither believe in the mission of the THST nor the operations of the THST with the responsibility of joining the THST to change its mission.

Its akin to saying that because I don't like the GOP, its policies and values, that I should join the GOP and seek office to try and change it. Rather than simply not voting for or supporting the cunts.

The reality is the THST are a bunch of serial moaners, who represent a very small segment of the supporters, and make grandiose "demands" of the club as if anyone gives a fuck about them. They're fucking delusional. Look at their website, they claim credit for getting Spurs Wembley whilst NWHL is under construction. Self important louts, they don't need joining they need leaving - the better for them to wither and die.
The first example really is not like it all.

Back
Top Bottom