We will finish above Chelsea

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's great. Let's just pray they don't win the CL final. If they don't, and they are in the Europa League next season, I will laugh my cock off.

Was just going to start this thread but you've beaten me to it.

Regardless of where we finish, we have now finished above a team with far more resources than us. A team that can afford to pay 50million for a bloke then bench him for most of the season. A team who spent a further 50 million sacking one manager, hiring another, and then sacking him - all in one season.

This is something we should all be proud of. And we've deserved it too.

Let's just hope we finish the job this weekend and maybe even finish above le arse as well

jimmyriggle said:
Was just going to start this thread but you've beaten me to it.

Regardless of where we finish, we have now finished above a team with far more resources than us. A team that can afford to pay 50million for a bloke then bench him for most of the season. A team who spent a further 50 million sacking one manager, hiring another, and then sacking him - all in one season.

This is something we should all be proud of. And we've deserved it too.

Let's just hope we finish the job this weekend and maybe even finish above le arse as well

Same goes to Newcastle finishing above Chelsea and hopefully Woolwich next week (Including us of course)

Newcastle can come to the party if they want. I won't be loosing sleep if they don't. Just focusing on us on sat.

Is it wrong that I feel weirdly optimistic. Retribution Is coming.

Winning the "Champions League" when you finish 5th or 6th says it all really about the pathetic hyperbol that UEFA and tv have created around the competition.

It's more important to be in it than to win it.

Ben said:
Newcastle can come to the party if they want. I won't be loosing sleep if they don't. Just focusing on us on sat.

Would that be Sky Sports Super Sat by any chance... I think you'll be there on your own for 24hrs!! :bentley: :mong: :harryfacepalm:

1882 said:
Ben said:

Would that be Sky Sports Super Sat by any chance... I think you'll be there on your own for 24hrs!! :bentley: :mong: :harryfacepalm:

Motherfuck :mong:

sammyspurs said:
Winning the "Champions League" when you finish 5th or 6th says it all really about the pathetic hyperbol that UEFA and tv have created around the competition.

On the money. Literally.

spooky said:
sammyspurs said:

On the money. Literally.

Literally THIS!

...but then again, who's honestly surprised, they've re-defined the 'rewards' for finishing 4th in a competition FFS... I know it would mean we'd never likely compete in it, but there really is something to be said for the European Cup staying JUST for the winners of their respective Leagues... rather than having re-branded it 'Champions' League, at exactly the same time they let clubs who AREN'T Champions in!! Surely the 'prestige' they all craved is deemed redundant, simply 'cos it ISN'T the best of the best competing against each other in an elite CHAMPIONS competition.... it's the best, and the 2nd, 3rd, 4th best competing against each other!!

Isn't that the definition of ironic stupidity??

Bring back the Cup Winners Cup, and leave the UEFA Cup as the 'European League'. Simple innit?

BTW, if this thread had been started in August, that WOULD be impressive!

The format was designed for revenue and bigger matches, which has worked but to the detriment of value. Remember when they introduced a second group stage! No good reason for that than more games and more money - disgraceful. Nothing that Fifa or Uefa does makes me think it is for any purpose than financial.

I wish that European football was a two legged affair throughout and the European Cup was the preserve of champions, Uefa Cup for the runners up and they re-introduced Cup Winners Cup football but it will never happen and that is to the governing bodies eternal shame. I know that might sound dramatic but it isn't; football has been irreversibly changed and not for the better.

But back to the point; fantastic to finish above Chelsea!

I'm gonna go rub one out at Chelsea's expense. Even if they steal our CL spot, we still finished above the cunts.

That deserves a wank.

Back
Top Bottom