Websites to stream football?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Didn't realise myp2p was still kicking around, much prefer Wiziwig anyway.
Popstreams seem to have decent flash channels though

Rather than spam other football threads I thought I’d use this one to describe my experiments.

Ive been thinking about trying to get streams slightly more toward the legal side of the dodgyness scale than I have been using.

While far from perfect I’m reasonably happy watching the Wolves v Palace game on my front room TV tonight.

Last weekend I subscribed to Optus Sport from Australia. It was $15Aud per month which worked out at about £8.50. I also subscribed to NordVPN to spoof my location.
I needed access to an Aussie mobile number for verification purposes. Fortunately my girlfriends oldest brother lives in Tasmania, so once it got to the middle of the night I was able to use his number and get him to forward the 2 factor authentication code to me. I was able to create an account, login, and watch pre-recorded video on the Optus site. However when I tried to watch live channels the Optus security stepped in and saw I was using a VPN. No go. After a fruitless hour or so on the web chat to NordVPN help I decided I’d give up. They refunded my annual subscription and I cancelled my Optus sub too.

Last night I couldn’t sleep (fuck you THFC) so I thought I’d try again.

This time I did a little more research and found a broadcaster/vpn subscription combo that appeared to currently be working.

The 2 services I’ve gone for are SurfShark and Bein.

It’s fiddly but it kinda works. Streams are probably easier to be fair. But this way the English football should get some benefit at some point.

I realise I’ve already run on at some length. I’ll leave it there for now, but if anyone wants to know any of the intricacies either reply here or DM me. It’s not a trap.......

Honest.

Rather than spam other football threads I thought I’d use this one to describe my experiments.

Ive been thinking about trying to get streams slightly more toward the legal side of the dodgyness scale than I have been using.

While far from perfect I’m reasonably happy watching the Wolves v Palace game on my front room TV tonight.

Last weekend I subscribed to Optus Sport from Australia. It was $15Aud per month which worked out at about £8.50. I also subscribed to NordVPN to spoof my location.
I needed access to an Aussie mobile number for verification purposes. Fortunately my girlfriends oldest brother lives in Tasmania, so once it got to the middle of the night I was able to use his number and get him to forward the 2 factor authentication code to me. I was able to create an account, login, and watch pre-recorded video on the Optus site. However when I tried to watch live channels the Optus security stepped in and saw I was using a VPN. No go. After a fruitless hour or so on the web chat to NordVPN help I decided I’d give up. They refunded my annual subscription and I cancelled my Optus sub too.

This time I did a little more research and found a broadcaster/vpn subscription combo that appeared to currently be working.

It’s fiddly but it kinda works. Streams are probably easier to be fair. But this way the English football should get some benefit at some point.

I realise I’ve already run on at some length. I’ll leave it there for now, but if anyone wants to know any of the intricacies either reply here or DM me. It’s not a trap.......

Honest.
Pity you couldn't get the Optus subsription working. It get it for free with my phone account and it's bloody amazing.

Honest.
You actually took the time to write that essay? Salute? Hesgoal.com

UPDATE

I have found that if you use a DNS service Optus let you watch.

I am currently streaming the Scotland match on their service. No need for a VPN. Just sign up with SmartDNS, use a server from Australia (they only have one) and you bypass the Optus geoblocks.

So as of now I've got a Bein sub (using a VPN) and an Optus sub. And can watch either. They both appear to serve content up about a minute quicker than the sites that footybite list.

Theres a real push to shut them down recently . I know they say when one gets closed 2 more open up but sometimes it’s hard to get a quality stream
As you know I don't use live streams but android apps which I have had downloaded and installed for some time. This gives me worldwide TV 24/7 and then I just look at somewhere like this website
Live Soccer TV - Online Streaming and TV Listings, Live Football Scores, Fixtures, Tables, Results, News, Pubs and Video Highlights to see which channels ares showing what games. All of the Euros / Friendlies are on the various beIN sports channels as we speak.

I use an app that I won't name, solely because I assume mentions of it on forums will only aid to have it shut down at some point. Anyway, it's been set up as a place to get football scores, which is how they managed to get it on to the various app stores, but when you click on the fixture it will allow you to watch a stream of the game, or generate a link that you can paste in to a browser, and cast to your TV or whatever.

The app is apparently now hidden on stores, but you can access via their website. If anyone's interested, send me a PM. Looks like registration for the app is only on Tuesdays and Fridays for some reason :mourweird:

Back
Top Bottom