West Ham - League cup game

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What's done is done and there's no use crying over it. We have a new game on Saturday. Time to use this as a learning and humbling experience and move on. We were bound to stumble some time in our heavy schedule we're currently stuck in. Might as well have been this game.

Mourinho will look at Pochettino and think mate you don't get it.

You don't kmow how to create a winning team and he might be right.

Whatever anyone thinks we do not progress as a club when you lose games like last night. It should not happen.

Forgot the nonsense about who played. The line is that the manager must instill the importance of every single game mattering.

Players cannot switch off at any time if success as a club is what you want.

At home and 2 up. And we lose. Utterly indicative of inherent weakness that can be exploited and will out itself at crucial times.

Only when I am proven wrong will I not be right.
your right every game is important, winning creates that mental frame work that the players need, it also shows other teams we are hard to beat, this result allows our players to think no kane no win, and the opposition to think no kane we have a chance to beat these

your right every game is important, winning creates that mental frame work that the players need, it also shows other teams we are hard to beat, this result allows our players to think no kane no win, and the opposition to think no kane we have a chance to beat these

Completely right.

Your point is 100% on the money.

That is exactly what the perception will be, maybe of opposing fans and our players alike.

Really pathetic and completely avoidable.

Pissed off last night, who wouldn't be. Not because it's West Ham but because we threw the game away. Would feel the same if it was Charlton or Fulham.

Woke up today not giving a fuck....good some of the lads got a run out

If we were winning cups or leagues, I'd understand the reasoning behind not wanting to take this cup seriously. But considering it's 10 years since we last won a trophy, nothing is beneath us.

Its a shame. Even more so that we done it whilst being 2-0 up with less then a half to go and against West Ham. Id like to think this will make us stronger but if they didn't care on the night, why would they now?

Think some of you need to get a grip, this isn't the first time this has happened and it won't be the last.

Yes, West Spam won but they are still stuck with Bilic and their lovely owners.

Our squad isn't as good as people like to think, given who is left in the competition and the fact we have bigger fish to fry I'm not that bothered.

We need Champions League again to help pay for the stadium and attract players, a League cup trophy won't do that, modern football I'm afraid is all about the money.

if this had been a league game Poch would have been up and down from the bench to the sideline from minute 1, but he only really got out there after 70 minutes, so what respect does that give to the players out there last night ?
I've no problem playing the resevres as they have to play at some point, my beef is he did not care, that goes to the players and affects the mindset, mindset is not a tap, it can't be changed overnight, it takes time, the players have to believe in you,
for 2 yrs we have been the best team in the league yet we have won nothing, how long can we stay the best or one of the best teams without winning something
yes its the league cup, but its a mindset of winning things, not falling short and it doesn't matter

Forget the gap between the two teams and that generally speaking they are a joke and tinpot, forget the fact that we have bragging rights over pretty much everything generally speaking, forget that fact that some people don't give a sh** about this cup and some people do, forget the fact that this is not going to ruin our season...right at this very moment, after that game last night, they have the bragging rights, no matter for how little time that may be, no matter how pathetic some of us think that is, as of right now they have the bragging rights...and it's very f***ing irritating :mad::wall:

Poch but a team out to win the game, they were good enough to do so as they showed in the 1st half.

He will be disappointed as will the team. Anyone who thinks we're happy to go out is mistaken. He's spoken openly about his being low priority but he's also spoken about building momentum and a winning mentality.

The fact is if we played the big guns last night and lost on Saturday I for one would be very perplexed. And there's obviously the chance we still could lose on Saturday but that's just football.

It's impossible to play key players every game on 4 fronts and last nights teams should of won. That's all there is to be said to be honest. People are acting like last night was the make or break of our season.

Only because you don't want to read it.

We have won nothing for years and that is how games like last night can still happen.

No trophy in how long? Mental weakness.

Absolutely, it's mental weakness. 2-0 up against a poor West Ham side and then losing 3-2 is unforgivable. Like you say, we have won nothing for years and we can't afford to throw these opportunities away. We won't win the league, we have no chance of winning the CL, so that leaves us the FA cup only.

As much as I rate Poch he really has to get on top of this type of thing. Mental weakness has been endemic amongst generations of players at Spurs as far back as I can remember, and it needs addressing.

According to TFC

1. Being considered better than Woolwich by oxygen thieving journalists and pundits is better than winning an actual trophy.

2. Being considered by top european clubs as a team they'd rather avoid in CL group stage is better than winning an actual trophy.

3. Finishing in top 4 without winning anything is better than winning anything.

We need Champions League again to help pay for the stadium and attract players, a League cup trophy won't do that, modern football I'm afraid is all about the money.

I agree we need champions league money, but we also need to give the larger squad of players match time, in case they are needed, that is what the League cup & FA cup give us, but those squad platers need the same respect from the manager that Kane & co get, that means look like you want to win the game

DING DING DING WE HAVE A WINNER!

When players say "I want Champions League football" what they really mean is "I want the money a Champions League team pays"

We don't have the squad to compete on all fronts, so Poch has prioritised the more important competitions and guess what - the Kangaroo cup is bottom of the pile.

Resting players against a team that see this as their biggest game of the season was always going to be risky but fuck it, I'd rather be on the way to the Champions League knock out phase and sitting above our real rivals (Woolwich - just incase any of you Hammers reading think it's you) in the league, then through to the quarters of cup nobody really cares about anymore.

According to TFC

1. Being considered better than Woolwich by oxygen thieving journalists and pundits is better than winning an actual trophy.

2. Being considered by top european clubs as a team they'd rather avoid in CL group stage is better than winning an actual trophy.

All of those are more important than the league cup

Think some of you need to get a grip, this isn't the first time this has happened and it won't be the last.

Yes, West Spam won but they are still stuck with Bilic and their lovely owners.

Our squad isn't as good as people like to think, given who is left in the competition and the fact we have bigger fish to fry I'm not that bothered.

It upsets me when supporters such as yourself refer to success in monetary terms. It's the club's job to make sure they are financially secure, it's our job to watch our club win trophies. I get no personal satisfaction from looking at our profit and loss statements, nor do I wank off when I look at a figure on the bottom of a spreadsheet. The league cup may not have the status of winning the CL or prem, but in reality it's only one of two trophies we can win (FA cup being the other) and we have just blown it.

According to TFC

According to TFC

1. You are a twat
2. See 1

Forget the gap between the two teams and that generally speaking they are a joke and tinpot, forget the fact that we have bragging rights over pretty much everything generally speaking, forget that fact that some people don't give a sh** about this cup and some people do, forget the fact that this is not going to ruin our season...right at this very moment, after that game last night, they have the bragging rights, no matter for how little time that may be, no matter how pathetic some of us think that is, as of right now they have the bragging rights...and it's very f***ing irritating :mad::wall:

It's not a lot to brag about. "We beat you in a cup that you didn't take nearly as serious as we did". Yeah, well done chaps, take a look at the league table and remind me where you are.

All of those are more important than the league cup
Small time mentality

We have won fuck all in a decade and counting. Winning LC/FAC and a midtable finish is better than finishing second without winning anything.

In grand scheme of things 2nd place is just as good as 17th place, no difference. But winning an actual trophy counts for something.

Seriously? I thought you got another sub in extra time. i.e. 4 instead of 3.
Why would the ref allow it?
Because they made 2 in extra time. You're allowed 3 during normal time and an extra one if it goes to extra time. So the new rule is somewhat ambiguous

I call for a season-long ban and 30-point deduction

Back
Top Bottom