West Ham - League cup game

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The loss of this game wasn't a problem at all but the way in which we lost was too Spursy of old and more disappointing than expected. A minor obstacle in the grand scheme of things. Revenge in the league.

"Not take seriously" they all rotated their squads.

Both teams rotate their squads and play in front of a half empty stadiums. The winner (there can only be one) means they take it seriously, the loser dosen't take it seriously. That's how it works, right?
I believe we had the team out there to win the tie. And the first half showed that. Therefore I’ve no issue with the manager. I’ve issue with the players who looked like they couldn’t be bothered in the second half. I also have issue with fans that also can’t be bothered when we lose to our rivals in a cup competition after being so comfortably ahead, when we’ve not won a cup in years.

When we last won the league cup, I was overjoyed for days and honestly couldn’t remember the position we finished in the league, if it hadn’t been pointed out 412 tines in this thread. I just remember the joy of the winning goal and the cup being lifted.

But yet again, our players, who all “want to win trophies”, turned in an amateur performance last night as they seem to see a trophy as being below them, as they want the title. No gateway drug for our boys, just straight onto the smack.

And our fans, who aren’t bothered about us being out, would be the same ones whining if we got to the final because all the tickets were going to corporate sorts and the real fans can’t go.

I’m all for putting on a brave face and giving it “well, I didn’t want to go through anyway” in front of other people, but not on here. We lost the chance of a cup, to West Ham. That’s always a horror story in my book.

I believe we had the team out there to win the tie. And the first half showed that. Therefore I’ve no issue with the manager. I’ve issue with the players who looked like they couldn’t be bothered in the second half. I also have issue with fans that also can’t be bothered when we lose to our rivals in a cup competition after being so comfortably ahead, when we’ve not won a cup in years.

When we last won the league cup, I was overjoyed for days and honestly couldn’t remember the position we finished in the league, if it hadn’t been pointed out 412 tines in this thread. I just remember the joy of the winning goal and the cup being lifted.

But yet again, our players, who all “want to win trophies”, turned in an amateur performance last night as they seem to see a trophy as being below them, as they want the title. No gateway drug for our boys, just straight onto the smack.

And our fans, who aren’t bothered about us being out, would be the same ones whining if we got to the final because all the tickets were going to corporate sorts and the real fans can’t go.

I’m all for putting on a brave face and giving it “well, I didn’t want to go through anyway” in front of other people, but not on here. We lost the chance of a cup, to West Ham. That’s always a horror story in my book.

I agree with most of this to be fair. I now see it as yet another trophyless season. Lets be honest we don't stand a chance in the latter stages of the CL against teams like Real or PSG. Far to strong for us. In the prem Man City look unstoppable right now and Man Utd despite their recently blip don't look far behind. I fear Poch needs to target the F.A cup now if he doesn't. Potless again!!! I'm sick of West Ham getting one over on us!

What the fuck has that got to do with your post about taking it seriously, when every single club in this competition hasn't taken it seriously? The clubs that got through their rounds rotated their squads, some more than us.

I agree with most of this to be fair. I now see it as yet another trophyless season. Lets be honest we don't stand a chance in the latter stages of the CL against teams like Real or PSG. Far to strong for us. In the prem Man City look unstoppable right now and Man Utd despite their recently blip don't look far behind. I fear Poch needs to target the F.A cup now if he doesn't. Potless again!!! I'm sick of West Ham getting one over on us!
Yeah me too and no matter how many of our fans deny it. They can't take away the facts. It just keeps happening. Getting tiresome now.

Sick of West ham getting one over us!! What!?! They have beaten us 9 times in the past 20yrs!!

Lets fucking pack it all in. Give 3 points to Utd next week. Fucking hell so small time, tin pot attitude. Again thank fuck we have a manger that thinks we can beat those clubs, like eermmm we have done for the past few seasons. Christ on a bike.

Sick of West ham getting one over us!! What!?! They have beaten us 9 times in the past 20yrs!!

Lets fucking pack it all in. Give 3 points to Utd next week. Fucking hell so small time, tin pot attitude. Again thank fuck we have a manger that thinks we can beat those clubs, like eermmm we have done for the past few seasons. Christ on a bike.

What you on about? You're making no sense

Back
Top Bottom