What does Luton Town mean to you (if anything)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Our American cousins may be unaware that Luton are Watfords arch enemy and vice versa. Real enmity between them.
If Luton get promoted it will be with the manager that Watford sacked after 10 or so games. Thats gonna hurt.

I'm a native of North London, and I moved to Luton in 2009 to shack up with my Luton born and bred girlfriend, who is now my wife. The Mother-in-law's boyfriend is a Luton Town FC fan, so I decided to go to a few games, which then snowballed into becoming a ST holder, which was when Luton were right down in non-league territory. I'd also go to Spurs games, as I had membership then, which made for some great weekends. The hardcore Luton fans that I got to know are a fantastic bunch, and I had some great away-days at places like Wycombe, Burton, Leyton Orient etc. I was offered a Spurs season ticket when we played at Wembley, so had to give the Luton games up. I still have a beer with the Luton guys, and am often the butt of their jokes when Spurs suffer a defeat. Luton town centre itself has declined massively, even since I moved there, but many other town centres have also gone this way. According to my wife, the town centre was a place where you could have a brilliant night out 15-20 years ago, and such a shame that it's now plagued by junkies, drunks, beggars, and rubbish shops. The mostly Asian area, where the ground is, has the most character, and reminds me of certain parts of London, with independent shops, and barely any chain-stores. I could go on for ages, as I have a soft spot for Luton, but LTFC definitely deserve a break after the FA shafted them, and although the town centre is grim, it's no worse than many other places in the home counties.

Ossie's first match post Falklands. Massive queue at the away end. Wondered down the home end, straight in, jumped onto the pitch and in the away end.
Dreadful ground, hope they go up just for the scenes when Premier teams rock up.

Identical twins Paul and Ron Futcher. Sadly Paul died in 2016, aged 60.
Playing and beating Luton in 1975, just before we played the chavs, which relegated both teams.
Millwall rioting in the stands, which led to the away supporters ban.
Paying £1 for membership, using a colleague's address, so I could attend the Spurs games.

When they beat the gooners to win the league cup sometime in the late 80s. Slaphead for a few gooner mates that weekend.

EDIT: MVP MVP post ^

Ricky Hill

Buying a giant toblerone for a quid in their arndale centre.

Going to watch them recently and having a thoroughly good time at their ancient ground. Crowd right up in the players' faces. It made me pine a bit for the old days.

Been there a couple of times in the away end with mates following lower league football. I like the ground as it’s genuinely unique. But the town wasn’t great. And Luton fans are pretty scummy.
Went there a few times in the 1980's in Div 1, always a blast in the away end.

Remember Ally Dick getting a belter, could have become a very fine player if career not wrecked with an injury. On MoTD that night.

Edit - the goal not the injury

Our American cousins may be unaware that Luton are Watfords arch enemy and vice versa. Real enmity between them.
If Luton get promoted it will be with the manager that Watford sacked after 10 or so games. Thats gonna hurt.
Mate of mine down in Brighton, ST at Brighton but born Luton and lifelong fan. Asked him a few weeks ago how come they were doing so well after having their manager poached. He laughingly told that story of Watford sacking their manager because they weren't in the play off zone and him rocking up at Luton a few miles up the M1. Before he joined Luton, Watford smashed them 4-0 at Vicarage.

Thank god we don't have stupid owners like that

:sonhmm: :king: :harrylol::walker-scream::richtongue::contefacepalm2:

I'm a native of North London, and I moved to Luton in 2009 to shack up with my Luton born and bred girlfriend, who is now my wife. The Mother-in-law's boyfriend is a Luton Town FC fan, so I decided to go to a few games, which then snowballed into becoming a ST holder, which was when Luton were right down in non-league territory. I'd also go to Spurs games, as I had membership then, which made for some great weekends. The hardcore Luton fans that I got to know are a fantastic bunch, and I had some great away-days at places like Wycombe, Burton, Leyton Orient etc. I was offered a Spurs season ticket when we played at Wembley, so had to give the Luton games up. I still have a beer with the Luton guys, and am often the butt of their jokes when Spurs suffer a defeat. Luton town centre itself has declined massively, even since I moved there, but many other town centres have also gone this way. According to my wife, the town centre was a place where you could have a brilliant night out 15-20 years ago, and such a shame that it's now plagued by junkies, drunks, beggars, and rubbish shops. The mostly Asian area, where the ground is, has the most character, and reminds me of certain parts of London, with independent shops, and barely any chain-stores. I could go on for ages, as I have a soft spot for Luton, but LTFC definitely deserve a break after the FA shafted them, and although the town centre is grim, it's no worse than many other places in the home counties.
Luton uncovered on TFC.

Well I never.

To be fair, as a Championship club you'd struggle to make a manager hire without it being someone Watford sacked in the last four or five years.

Back
Top Bottom