Which players need to go?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Some of our current squad are good enough to be decent squad .players but not starters.

In terms of actually good enough now to start for us if we want to challenge top 4

I'd say: Kane, Son, Lo celso

Potentially good enough with big changes, development: Alli, Ndombele, Sanchez, Tanganga, Berg

Good enough squad players but not starters: Aurier, Winks, LLoris, Lucas, Lamela, Sissoko, Davies, Toby, Gedson

Simply not good enough (anymore): Jan, Dier, Vorm, Gazaniga, Foyth

Basically we need a massive overhaul....

If have a lot of confidence if Mourinho wasn't the one making the decisions.

Bring in a DM, RB, LB, ST and maybe CB and then sell the surplus. I don't know who that is - I don't think anyone has to go but we have a lot of players that should be 2nd choice at the moment.

Start with the old guard. Rose, Toby, release Vert and replace them. I’d be tempted to part ways with Hugo aswell but he’s been part of our recent history so I am too sentimental for this.

Honestly think:
Lloris
Toby
Dier
Foyth
Davies
Vertonghen
Skipp

Are not good enough anymore but Lloris , Toby and Davies will probably stay as I don't think we have the funds to replace them (best case scenario is that Toby and Davies become the back up).

Selling the rest along with Lamela who tries hard but I think his time is up, Rose and KWP will hopefully give us the funds to bring in:
CB
RB
LB
FW
and hopefully a DM and goalie as well but that would be dependant on us flogging Hugo and another CM

Last edited:
I don't think we can say Dele is that safe any more honestly maybe if he was a couple years younger but not now.

Dele was too good to give up on. You're not selling him for pennies on the dollar when he was worth 100 mil two seasons ago.

You build an attack around him and Kane in the middle, Son out left and Lo Celso as the box to box #8.

We desperately need a new #6 and we can rotate bodies through the right attacking role.

If he struggles again sell him in two summers.

Should be a much shorter thread
Which players should stay?

but ok

Aurier
Winks
Skipp (sadly he ain’t going to make it)
Lamela
Toby
Jan
Dier
All three keepers

We must appoint a decent DOF

Swap Dier for Ali think Dier might be ok at CB

Then add Sanchez, Ndombele, Moura to in last chance saloon next year.

Basically only Gio, Son, Kane are nailed on good enough for us everyone else has massive question marks or just ain't good enough

Squads a mess

Out of interest who do you see dumb enough to buy Toby and match his mental wages.

Congrats Jose, you've fucked everyone bar Toby over with that one.

Honestly think:
Lloris
Toby
Dier
Davies
Vertonghen
Skipp

Are not good enough anymore but Lloris , Toby and Davies will probably stay as I don't think we have the funds to replace them (best case scenario is that Toby and Davies become the back up).

Selling the rest along with Lamela who tries hard but I think his time is up, Rose and KWP will hopefully give us the funds to bring in:
CB
RB
LB
FW
and hopefully a DM and goalie as well but that would be dependant on us flogging Hugo and another CM
Silly
You forgot Winks.

We need a new Keeper, 2 full backs one for either side a centre half and a DM along with a back up striker at least. Kane, Son and Lo Celso are going to be vital next season

Back
Top Bottom