Which Tottenham Player Has Done Way Better Than Expected

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gedson

I thought he would be shockingly shit and he has only been a little bit shit

#buildingsustainedsuccess
#doingittherightway

Chiriches was better than you expected???

You must have had extremely low expectations.....
Tbf, he was actually pretty decent in his first few games. Then he did his back in, came back under Sherwood, and from then on he was like a bloke who’d never played football before. It was weird.

Tbf, he was actually pretty decent in his first few games. Then he did his back in, came back under Sherwood, and from then on he was like a bloke who’d never played football before. It was weird.

He was another one a bundle of raw ability, but didn't really have the brain to tie it all together...

For me it was Bale. I was in the anti-Bale camp with the 20 or whatever without a win run.
It took a change of position, moving him into a more attacking role, which changed everything and set the scene for him becoming a world class player.
Sandro was also great in that period, his injury was awful; Wanyama likewise. I didn't expect much from either but then again I didn't know much about them. Modric on the other hand was simply a great signing - it was already recognised he was pretty much a complete player and I'd say it was the best transfer we've made under Levy.

Last edited:

He did have that MOTM performance at Old Trafford under Sherwood.

But I agree with the first part, he was more than decent. I remember he put in a brilliant performance at Goodison Park for us under AVB. I think it was the game Lukaku kneed Lloris in the head.

Back
Top Bottom