Who do you THINK will be our next manager

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who's the next mug

• Mourinho

Votes: 66 25.1%
  • Ancellotti

Votes: 10 3.8%
  • Klopp

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Pep

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Dyche

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sherwood

• Harry

• Howe

Votes: 30 11.4%
  • Potter

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • Big Fat Sam

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Jesus

• Wilder

• Allegri

Votes: 26 9.9%
  • Benitez

Votes: 26 9.9%
  • Simeone

• Valverde

• Zidane

• Pulis

• Lopetegui

• ten Haag

Votes: 21 8.0%
  • Levy

Votes: 20 7.6%
  • Espirito Santo

Votes: 13 4.9%
  • Rodgers

Votes: 15 5.7%
  • Luis Enrique

• Gallardo

• Total voters

John Thomas

LEWIS & LEVY...Screwing Spurs since 2001
We haven't had a poll for a week now. So, long overdue, this one is asking who you THINK will be next if Poch walks out or Levy pulls the trigger between now and the end of the season.
Vote with your head, please. Not your heart.
I don't believe for one minute we'll go for a big name proven, winner. I reckon it'll be someone who's shown they can work on a small budget and get the maximum out of the players he has available.
My hunch is the guy who turned up for his interview yesterday.
The more I think about it, the more this guy fits Levy's profile.
Yes, my hunch is Chris Wilder. And he'd no doubt relish the opportunity of raising his profile and managing a big club.

If anyone has a name I haven't mentioned , post it and I'll add it to the list.
But remember, it's not who you want, you need to get into Levy's mind and say it's who you think we'll get.

I think it should be cleared up if we're talking about a caretaker or our next permanent manager. Chances are we might end up someone on a temporary basis just to get the ship steady until the summer. If Poch leaves prior to the summer of course...

Brendan Rodgers or Luis Enrique not on the list ?

Not a fan of Luis Enrique and Rogers ain’t leaving Leicester on such a short notice. Our biggest hopes would be the likes of Allegri, Mourinho, Benitez.

Personally I like Benetiz, the guy is tactically astute, knows the prem, won’t have giant hissy fits like Mourinho and is adapted to working with winning teams and teams that like us and Newcastle that don’t win so much. In short he is the most rounded manager and flexible and would be like a potentially better version of Redknapp or Jol for us. Not really up for long term project type manager to take over from another project manager.

Last edited:
As the question is who will be the next manager, part of me thinks we will get a surprise and Mourinho will walkthrough the door.

As the question is who will be the next manager, part of me thinks we will get a surprise and Mourinho will walkthrough the door.

Yes that fits

His wife loves London

He’s also got a point to prove in that he’s not past it

and we might fucking win something!!

We haven't had a poll for a week now. So, long overdue, this one is asking who you THINK will be next if Poch walks out or Levy pulls the trigger between now and the end of the season.
Vote with your head, please. Not your heart.
I don't believe for one minute we'll go for a big name proven, winner. I reckon it'll be someone who's shown they can work on a small budget and get the maximum out of the players he has available.
My hunch is the guy who turned up for his interview yesterday.
The more I think about it, the more this guy fits Levy's profile.
Yes, my hunch is Chris Wilder. And he'd no doubt relish the opportunity of raising his profile and managing a big club.

If anyone has a name I haven't mentioned , post it and I'll add it to the list.
But remember, it's not who you want, you need to get into Levy's mind and say it's who you think we'll get.
Can you add Tuchel please....thanks.

Yes that fits

His wife loves London

He’s also got a point to prove in that he’s not past it

and we might fucking win something!!

If he did come though Levy would have to dramatically up his game. There can be no fucking around not hitting targets, failing to sell because you don’t get the price you want.

Otherwise Mourinho will quickly turn on the club and we all know how that ends. At that point it would also be clear that Levy is not the man to take us any further and should leave. It’s risky for Levy, in that Levy would also need to prove himself if he gets in Mourinho and if he comes up short it would tear his reputation apart.

There is risk for both Levy and Mourinho but the upside is if it works a man who can take the club the the final last level.

The club is ready for a proven winner and if it takes time to get him then so be it....

This can be the only reason Levy hasn’t fired Poch yet, because other than Jose no one is really that available, plus I don’t think there is an obvious caretaker manager at the club now either....not sure how Levy’s relationship with Jol is these days but I’d get him in now over the international break to see us through the season while we court for the best we can possibly get at the end of the season!!

Back
Top Bottom