Who do you think will be the next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

dailymail17.png

Anyone got the answer for 2 down ?

Is it really reasonable, to look for a Mourinho replacement now ? NO!!!
Will he be the Fergunson of Tottenham? Maybe not. He usually stays 2\3 years wherever he goes.... thats true. He as been at Tottenham since end of November last year and you find acceptable to search for a replacement ??? Then i have to ask you if you like Mourinho ? Did you aggree with the departure of Pochettion ? You dont need to answer, i think i know the answer to those 2 questions
I'm arguing with a person, from Portugal, that joined the site a couple days after Mou was hired. Right.

If you have a contract for a job that is 3 years long when do you feel it would be prudent to start your search for another position? And if you know that in your previous jobs/contracts you typically act like a cunt and lose the support of the administration and coworkers and leave a dumpster fire behind where there used to be a functioning business would you be keen to start your search earlier? And the business, knowing they hired a complete cunt who has trashed everyone of his last positions, would they be wise to be searching for your replacement the day you were hired? A leopard doesn't change it's spots and a cunt doesn't change his cuntiness. And the football still ain't great. In fact, it's some of the most dire, unimaginatively negative shit ever served up.

I'll get to the rest of your post later.

So, I will answer first, the last question...my access to internet as a hobby is kinda limited, mainly because sometimes i work 12 hours a day and when i come home, i want to eat and sleep ( i saw the game against everton last night at 2 am....)

You want to compare Klopp with Mourinho when they arrived...
ok lets go....

On Thursday 8 October 2015, Liverpool announced Klopp as Brendan Rodgers' replacement at Anfield.
Since then, Liverpool spent; 435,750,000 £
At the end of the 2015/2016 season Liverpool was eighth in the table.
Season 16/17 - Liverpool 4th in the table
Season 17/18 - Liverpool 4th in the table
Season 18/19 - Liverpool 2nd in the table and won the Champions League and the European Super Cup by then Liverpool had already spent 412,350,000 £
Season 19/20 Liverpool 1st in the Premier League.

So, they played good football nice, did they won something between 15\16 & 18\19 ? No they didnt... how much did they spent ? 400 plus million pounds...playing good football makes you happy even if you dont won anything ? then Poch was the right gaffer for you...

Now Mourinho....

Mourinho signed with Tottenham : 20 november 2019

He then signed 2 players, Gerson loaned and Steve Bergwijn for almost 30 million pounds.
Tottenham finished 6th. (dont forget what was in the middle of that)
The season now finished

Tottenham bought 2 players till now, Tottenham spent 30 millions in 2 players. Played one match
Mourinho didnt even had time to make is own team....has nothing to show, besides getting to 6th place when tottenham was 14th when he arrived....

Its not the most attractive football in the world ? well....He finished 1 place higher then the Magic Klopp at Liverpool...

So you say Pochettino had years but didnt had players like Mourinho...

Mauricio Pochettino was appointed as Tottenham manager back in 2014.

14\15: 5th
15\16: 3th
16\17: 2nd
17\18: 3rd
18\19: 4th and champions league final and fired at the middle of the season when he was 14th

talking about players.....
Pochettino bought 24 players in the time he spent @ Tottenham
If we talk about money, he spent the amount of: 378,920,500 £

So he didnt had the players Mourinho is having you say ? Ok.
Mourinho has a loan and 3 players so far... what did Pochettino won while he was here with is awesome football? "he made us dream"

Is it really reasonable, to look for a Mourinho replacement now ? NO!!!
Will he be the Fergunson of Tottenham? Maybe not. He usually stays 2\3 years wherever he goes.... thats true. He as been at Tottenham since end of November last year and you find acceptable to search for a replacement ??? Then i have to ask you if you like Mourinho ? Did you aggree with the departure of Pochettion ? You dont need to answer, i think i know the answer to those 2 questions

Regarding the last and 1st and only game of the new season... they played like shit...
And somehow they still managed to have the best goal chances of the game, and they kinda died right after everton´s goal....i can talk about the game if you want...but it will be a long post also, if u want it just let me know....
Well said. It does my head in when people use the same tired reasoning “oh he’s awful at man management, he’s shit at tactics (really!), he only plays negative bla bla bla. “ I tell you what, this guy is an absolute reason we are getting Bale and Reguillon. You can bet your house on that. To then be so disrespectful as fans and ungrateful cunts is unbecoming. For the first time in forever it seems our rivals are genuinely worried. Upon United’s CL, ‘champagne football,’ young “progressive manager” and so on, Bale & the LB chose Spurs over United so what does that tell you?

Hate the man all you want but have some perspective. There is nothing, absolutely nothing that I have seen so far that doesn’t scream winner and gives me optimism that this club is about to win big. Let’s play our part and show them the support they need. That confidence we will give them is what will also improve the football. Mark my words.

I'm arguing with a person, from Portugal, that joined the site a couple days after Mou was hired. Right.

If you have a contract for a job that is 3 years long when do you feel it would be prudent to start your search for another position? And if you know that in your previous jobs/contracts you typically act like a cunt and lose the support of the administration and coworkers and leave a dumpster fire behind where there used to be a functioning business would you be keen to start your search earlier? And the business, knowing they hired a complete cunt who has trashed everyone of his last positions, would they be wise to be searching for your replacement the day you were hired? A leopard doesn't change it's spots and a cunt doesn't change his cuntiness. And the football still ain't great. In fact, it's some of the most dire, unimaginatively negative shit ever served up.

I'll get to the rest of your post later.

You would be surprised for how long I´ve been following Tottenham
I´m not Mourinho´s lawyer, I joined the forum becauseI like tottenham and because I like Mourinho.

When should you look for a replacement, for a Gaffer with a 3 year contrat...you have 2 options

1st, you start looking when the gaffer showed he doesnt know what he is doing and he keeps losing games
2nd, You hope the end of 2nd season and try to make a new contrat, if he doesnt want, then you start looking, that will give you a full season to look for a new coach, and to design and look for a coach that will work on whatever project you have, unless you want to pass the message, you dont trust the coach or the coaching staff, and that might be your case :) and just to finish one last point,
If you think Mourinho always played shit and never a show with is teams, I recommend you, to look for some games, of FC Porto, and if you want a tip, search FCPorto x Lazio for the Europa League back then when Porto won the Europa League.

[FORMATION][FORMATION]:pochlol::baletroll:[/FORMATION][/FORMATION]Yes we all loved Poch for his development of youth and his emphasis on Attacking football making Spurs a fantastic side to watch play the beautiful game but he had some serious flaws too I wouldn’t trust him with a whopping transfer budget (even going back to his Southampton days Dani Osvaldo lol ) he wasn’t the Best at signing great players.

I’m not Mourinho’s biggest fan either but he definitely has a stellar CV at WINNING TROPHIES in his 20 years of management and the only reason Bale is heading back to Spurs is because of Mourinho’s pulling power.

My point is would you sacrifice attacking football which is great to watch for some hard to watch parking of the bus hitting teams on the counter to win those elusive trophies Poch NEARLY provided?

I hate the style of football under Mourinho but best we give him a chance before judging him COYS

You would be surprised for how long I´ve been following Tottenham
I´m not Mourinho´s lawyer, I joined the forum becauseI like tottenham and because I like Mourinho.

When should you look for a replacement, for a Gaffer with a 3 year contrat...you have 2 options

1st, you start looking when the gaffer showed he doesnt know what he is doing and he keeps losing games
2nd, You hope the end of 2nd season and try to make a new contrat, if he doesnt want, then you start looking, that will give you a full season to look for a new coach, and to design and look for a coach that will work on whatever project you have, unless you want to pass the message, you dont trust the coach or the coaching staff, and that might be your case :) and just to finish one last point,
If you think Mourinho always played shit and never a show with is teams, I recommend you, to look for some games, of FC Porto, and if you want a tip, search FCPorto x Lazio for the Europa League back then when Porto won the Europa League.
You want me to look at a football game from ~2003 for good football? And Mou's barely moved forward tactically from them.

Did you see tonight's game? Yup, same turgid shit served up as was served up on Sunday. And there's a reason for it. Mou is not a tactician he is a chequebook manager. Negating what the other team wants to do and hoping on moments of individual brilliance and overwhelming talent differential is not something that should be celebrated. Let's hope Bale can turn back the clock and give us these brilliant moments otherwise we are in for a long and boring, boring season. And if we don't win something, his only saving grace, you can have him back at Porto along with the scum that is Jorge Mendes.

Back
Top Bottom