Will Tom Carroll make it?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hope he does, he's got a lot of potential. This is a good group of kids we have and I think at least 3-4 should make the grade with us.

I think tom carroll will make it for us he passes well he has good control and has a clever head on his shoulders other players that will make in my opinion are townsend livermore and of course my distant relation Harry Kane :)

I think Tom Carroll needs a few full seasons on loan somewhere. He really does need to bulk up too, not necessarily upper body, more strength in the legs, all the good smaller players have superb legs strength - Modric, Messi, Wilshire. If he is going t play CM he needs to be able to shield the ball and not lose possession.

Would like to see Ryan Mason get some games too. Dean Parrett had a promising future not long ago, all these players need full seasons worth of football to aid their development rather than 5 games for Yeovil, then 7 for Plymouth and coming back to Spurs in between.

I'm nearing Team Carroll. I think he looks professional when he gets on the ball. Still misplaces an odd pass here and there, but just looks and moves like he could be our McEachran like prospect.

and as Harry once said, if they go on loan, they need to be amongst the best players at that loan club, if they cant cut it at Doncaster they aint got a chance at Spurs have they?

Livermore didn't really impress at any of his loan spells and now look at him. I think it's more down to Harry seeing something in the player tbh. A couple of seasons ago, Ryan Mason was the top prospect, he's falling away now and I expect him to be sold.

Thelonious Filth said:
Livermore didn't really impress at any of his loan spells and now look at him. I think it's more down to Harry seeing something in the player tbh. A couple of seasons ago, Ryan Mason was the top prospect, he's falling away now and I expect him to be sold.

Fair point, maybe he was referring to people like Bostock whos game revolves around skill.

Thelonious Filth said:

I don't think Livermore is going to make the grade at all. He's very limited. At times yesterday I swore we had Sergeant Wilson back in CM, because Livermore was struggling to make a 10 yard pass.

TheTulson said:
Thelonious Filth said:

I don't think Livermore is going to make the grade at all. He's very limited. At times yesterday I swore we had Sergeant Wilson back in CM, because Livermore was struggling to make a 10 yard pass.
Point is that Redknapp likes him although he didn't impress on loan, his performances always split opinion but I think he's pretty effective if a bit untidy and raw. He got a bit of stick against Newcastle but he still managed to help create a goal and did his bit

Carroll is our stand out young player. If he ain't going to make it then none of the other little pricks are going to.

It's worrying that we haven't been able to produce a single decent young player since Ledley King.

Agree with Flav. Since Ledley, there hasnt been an established player in the team that has come through the academy.

Carroll is full of potential, but is very small, and could struggle in the middle of the field in the PL.

I think that Townsend has the wrong attitude. He seems very diva-like on the pitch at times (all night vs Rubin away), and although he seems to have some potential, could struggle if he continues like that.

I like the young striker Oyuenga (sorry about spelling), and would love to see him rise through the Spurs ranks.

Such is football these days, success if everything. We will never get a serious youth player to come through and be a first team regular when we can buy players to fill holes and settle quickly.

We will continue to develop players like Townsend and Livermore who will go on to play in the Championship at best. Johnnie Jackson & Dean Marney come to mind. And fair play to them.

Flav said:
Carroll is our stand out young player. If he ain't going to make it then none of the other little pricks are going to.

It's worrying that we haven't been able to produce a single decent young player since Ledley King.

what about alton thelwell? he was amazing.

It's all fine... according to Championship manager 2001- 2002 that Simon Davies lad is gonna become one of the greatest midfielders in the world

Not sure it is 'such is football these days'. Utd have had Welbeck and Cleverly come through this year. Woolwich have Wilshere, Gibbs. City brought through Sturridge. Newcastle brought through Carroll, and West Ham have brought through untold.

King is the last top flight footballer Tottenham have produced.

Carroll will have to be some player to break into our midfield, we've already got the likes of Sandro and Hudd who are younger and Modric too

the kids got potential but I reckon he'll be another O'Hara at best and he needs to bulk up for sure

i don't think he'll make it, which is a shame because about 4 years ago he'd probably be far nearer our 1st team than today.

i see a tidy footballer that we'll make a tidy profit out of though. maybe a buy-back clause? as paydro just said, i see o'hara mk II

In the spirit of reviving threads from the past.

Well was 100% right about Tom Carroll. His unforgettable Bale assist a fitting tribute to his time at Spurs.

Next up Harry Winks .

This really needed to be a season he kicked on. Not sure if he is being played in the wrong position. But his shooting is awful so playing more as a DM makes sense I suppose.

But Lo Celso, 2 months younger then him, has blown Winks out the water, so I’m going to say Harry Winks will eventually be replaced by Oliver Skipp.

In my Top Gear style list will put Winksy above Livermore but below Jenas.

Back
Top Bottom