Worst Spurs players ever

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch era:
  1. Son
  2. Mason
  3. Sissoko
  4. Adebayor
  5. Stambouli
  6. Chadli
  7. Paulinho
  8. Chiriches
  9. Fazio
  10. Carroll
  11. Davies
  12. Yedlin

AVB/'Arry/Timmy:

1. Jenas
  2. Dempsey
  3. Nelsen
  4. Naughton
  5. Palacios
  6. Hutton
  7. Bentley
  8. Gomez
  9. Gallas
  10. O'hara
  11. Basson

Jol/Ramos: too young to remember

Son, Mason, Adebayor, Chadli, Jenas, Dempsey, Gomes, Gallas ... ? You are either on a wind up or blind with those.
Maybe "players I didn't like" for a few of them, but worst ... really?

If it's relative to the price, then Sissoko has to be our worst ever imo
Bentley isn't far behind.

Issue is, I feel that £15-17m was worth a lot more in 2008 than £30m is in 2016. In footballing inflation terms anyway. The prize money for the premier league back then was around a tenth of what it is now, meaning Bentley was (to us) the equivalent of a £70m+ transfer now.

I don't fully blame Bentley, as I think he was the victim of a Harry Redknapp agenda, but we still got very little out of him and he left for free - it's too early to write off any current player, least of all our summer signings.

Issue is, I feel that £15-17m was worth a lot more in 2008 than £30m is in 2016. In footballing inflation terms anyway. The prize money for the premier league back then was around a tenth of what it is now, meaning Bentley was (to us) the equivalent of a £70m+ transfer now.

I don't fully blame Bentley, as I think he was the victim of a Harry Redknapp agenda, but we still got very little out of him and he left for free - it's too early to write off any current player, least of all our summer signings.
I feel no inner guilt about my impression of Sissoko.
Quite what Poch sees in him is utterly beyond me.

I wouldn't let him in the ground, let alone the dressing room

Yeah, very good point.

Poch era:
  1. Son
  2. Mason
  3. Sissoko
  4. Adebayor
  5. Stambouli
  6. Chadli
  7. Paulinho
  8. Chiriches
  9. Fazio
  10. Carroll
  11. Davies
  12. Yedlin

AVB/'Arry/Timmy:

1. Jenas
  2. Dempsey
  3. Nelsen
  4. Naughton
  5. Palacios
  6. Hutton
  7. Bentley
  8. Gomez
  9. Gallas
  10. O'hara
  11. Basson

Jol/Ramos: too young to remember
Quick, get in...
taxi-129094_439x324.png

Bentley scored that volley. Sissoko couldn't cross the road let alone convert forty yard nose bleeder.

He probably could on rugby terms, but I wouldn't bank on him hitting Wembley stadium from that distance

Don't get me wrong, in all of his highlights reels I can't see anything that suggests he is good at the kicking aspect of the game, but he looks so effective on his game. The rugby comparison is quite valid, as it's almost like having a player who could pick up the ball in defence and run the length of the pitch with it. Last season we so desperately needed a player who could smash through teams who parked the bus, and he's one who can - I just don't think it's ever going to work for him if Poch plays him like Eriksen or Alli - he needs to be sat next to Wanyama/Dembele, but there's too much competition there.

Back
Top Bottom