Yellow?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who do you want in Yellow?

• Total voters
Thanks for posting that Clarky. Do vaguely remember it now.
Personally would just like to see us get a yellow away kit back and not be afraid to use the colour around the place - it's something I associate from when I first started going. This night is still in my memory aged about 6 (think it used to be common for home teams to play in their away kit in Europe for some reason?!) Anyhow beautiful football...

Happy with the home being white and navy. Was just looking for some pics and came across this, the streak of piss kit... to be honest had erased it from my mind. I think it must have been the next season that yellow was dropped!

article-1266692-0923234B000005DC-236_468x313.jpg

Just hope its not erased completely and just to say I fucking love this flag. (someone here's?)

106-1386183400-7f8ee2c588dc938abb208c6017543226.jpg

Thanks for posting that Clarky. Do vaguely remember it now.
Personally would just like to see us get a yellow away kit back and not be afraid to use the colour around the place - it's something I associate from when I first started going. This night is still in my memory aged about 6 (think it used to be common for home teams to play in their away kit in Europe for some reason?!) Anyhow beautiful football...

Happy with the home being white and navy. Was just looking for some pics and came across this, the streak of piss kit... to be honest had erased it from my mind. I think it must have been the next season that yellow was dropped!

article-1266692-0923234B000005DC-236_468x313.jpg

Just hope its not erased completely and just to say I fucking love this flag. (someone here's?)

106-1386183400-7f8ee2c588dc938abb208c6017543226.jpg

Yes agree with everything you say. The thing that annoyed me was that bloke from that company said Spurs consulted the fans during the 're-branding' process. I certainly don't remember that, do you? I maybe mistaken here though...

That streak of piss kit was disgusting and it was the year after that I think we adopted the change. Yellow should not have any place on the home kit at all but certainly should be used as a 3rd strip instead of that black / grey monstrosity we had last year.

Under Armour have done a good job this year but for me this should be the template for our kits.

Home: Lilywhite Shirt, Navy Shorts, Navy or Lilywhite Socks
European Home: All Lilywhite strip
Away: Navy Shirt, Lilywhite Shorts, Navy or Lilywhite Socks
Third: All Yellow strip with Navy trim

The kits we had for our 125th anniversary were just about spot on. Needless to say they were the best selling kits in years I think.

I personally like the purple kit we had a while back, but then purple is my favourite colour. I don't get that fussed about away kits to be honest, they can be as creative as they like. But I do get miffed when they mess around with our home kit, either by adding splurges of colour on the lilywhite shirt, or by when we have an all white kit when we are not playing in Europe.

I like the traditions of the away kit being the absolute reverse of the home hit.

That should be followed through to the 3rd kit as well (obviously a different colour) with all three having the same identical, simple design.

Can I press 'agree' more than once??

I personally like the purple kit we had a while back, but then purple is my favourite colour. I don't get that fussed about away kits to be honest, they can be as creative as they like. But I do get miffed when they mess around with our home kit, either by adding splurges of colour on the lilywhite shirt, or by when we have an all white kit when we are not playing in Europe.

...what art thou, Wiccan or summit?/
WitchyWomanPage.jpg

...mind you, I'm a fine one to mock 'Purple' as a colour choice!!!! :levyeyes:

Under Armour have done a good job this year but for me this should be the template for our kits.
Home: Lilywhite Shirt, Navy Shorts, Navy or Lilywhite Socks
European Home: All Lilywhite strip
Away: Navy Shirt, Lilywhite Shorts, Navy or Lilywhite Socks
Third: All Yellow strip with Navy trim

The kits we had for our 125th anniversary were just about spot on. Needless to say they were the best selling kits in years I think.

Surely the whole point of the 'Away and 3rd kit' colours are not to clash with the home team you're playing, if indeed your own home kit already clashes...? ...therefore it should be as opposite from your home kit as possible...
So (apart from black, but let's not go there) the most diametrically opposite to Lily White would be Dark Navy, and vice versa??

Yellow would surely only be used at clubs who incorporate any dark (or blue) and white in their home kit... i'm thinking places like Newcastle, Sheff. Wednesday or Grimsby (if the worst happened and we plummeted like a stone through the leagues... though there are the Cups I guess!)

A prime example of 'corporate colour branding' gawn made are Leeds... This season, they have chosen a kit which seems to be a pale gold number... no, it's not white, but it's certainly not yellow (like they also used to have) I saw them on TV once away against a team playing in white, and honestly, in the sunshine, you couldn't tell the difference... so where's the logic in all that?

Surely the whole point of the 'Away and 3rd kit' colours are not to clash with the home team you're playing, if indeed your own home kit already clashes...? ...therefore it should be as opposite from your home kit as possible...
So (apart from black, but let's not go there) the most diametrically opposite to Lily White would be Dark Navy, and vice versa??

Yellow would surely only be used at clubs who incorporate any dark (or blue) and white in their home kit... i'm thinking places like Newcastle, Sheff. Wednesday or Grimsby (if the worst happened and we plummeted like a stone through the leagues... though there are the Cups I guess!)

A prime example of 'corporate colour branding' gawn made are Leeds... This season, they have chosen a kit which seems to be a pale gold number... no, it's not white, but it's certainly not yellow (like they also used to have) I saw them on TV once away against a team playing in white, and honestly, in the sunshine, you couldn't tell the difference... so where's the logic in all that?

Exactly.

Back
Top Bottom