Yves Bissouma

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Had a few good games at the start of the season when the whole team was flying, but has since gone back to bang average. Not really sure what he is. I know he's a defensive midfielder but he really doesn't win the ball enough or offer enough protection to the back line.

To think that Brighton got a combined total of nearly 200 million for him, Cucurella and Caicedo. It's almost criminal activity.

Including him in there is harsh. He was more or less worth that money or more. Teams would pay 30-35 for him easily in this league still, probably.

The others were the rip offs.

He has certain qualities but he will never be an effective defensive midfielder. He is far too sloppy and prone to falling asleep to ever be reliable as a protector.

Some of his touches today were atrocious and he just isn’t a player with the right focus. He is prone to both extreme complacency and extreme panic, a terrible combination and one that typifies Tottenham. You can never trust him to stay awake.

Including him in there is harsh. He was more or less worth that money or more. Teams would pay 30-35 for him easily in this league still, probably.

The others were the rip offs.

It's not the money we paid for him that bothers me. It's the fact that he hasn't improved us, and certainly isn't the player we hoped we were getting. At least not yet.

Nothing personal but he looks absolutely lost the past few months. The way we set up to play a number 6 is such a pivotal position. Despite his limitations, Hojbjerg at least puts a shift in, tracks runners and can pass.

He's been here two years and done fuck all. Ndombele-lite, transfer flop, let's accept it and move on. Somebody comes in with a 15-20 mil offer, you better take it and say thank you.

I have zero time for that lad. Why should we? He doesn't care (enough), he doesn't fight.

I'd tell him to jog on but...

He's been here two years and done fuck all. Ndombele-lite, transfer flop, let's accept it and move on. Somebody comes in with a 15-20 mil offer, you better take it and say thank you.

I have zero time for that lad. Why should we? He doesn't care (enough), he doesn't fight.

I'd tell him to jog on but...

I think he’s another flat-track bully.

Had some really great games for Brighton where he was physically dominant but flatters to deceive.

There are times when his first touch makes me yearn for Sissoko.

I think he’s another flat-track bully.

Had some really great games for Brighton where he was physically dominant but flatters to deceive.

There are times when his first touch makes me yearn for Sissoko.
And yet loads on here are frothing at the mouth about that Onana kid, whose HL reels look very much like Brighton Biss.

As good as his excellent start to the season was, his form post his sending off had been so so poor, the odd half decent game, but in general really lacking in discipline, ineffective going forward and even less effective providing a shield to our back four. Could not believe he started today after being hauled off at half time last week, poor decision by Ange.

3 pages in here but not a single post in the VDV thread.

Episode 7 Hbo GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

The bit I can’t understand is why he keeps starting despite putting in terrible performances week in, week out?! 🤷🏻

PEH is limiting I grant you, but when he’s come on he’s played far better than Biss who is currently costing us big time.

I mean, I would like to belive in Bissouma and put my trust in him. I would not like to write him off, cause I've seen how good he can be.

But on the other hand - I am also really afraid. We have seen SO SO MANY times how holding on for too long will mean player leaving for pennies or for free.

Now those two sides are fighting inside of me.

Though I think there will be a clearout sale in the area anyway - Lo Celso and PEH going, Skippy potentially too... So maybe we will give him one more summer, one more preseason and see if he could deliver first-seven-rounds-Bissouma levels again. Funny thing, ah. I was saying it at 21 round time, that Bissouma was brilliant for first 7, but either fully useless (banned, unavailable or poor) already 2x longer, and some were arguing like mad with that. Now it has been 7 good rounds and 25 (!) bad / useless ones unfortunately.

P.S - Palinha from Fulham seemes like a really good bet. Would cost like 70 mil most likely, but fuck it. We have to pay excessive money for top quality DM anyway.

Back
Top Bottom