Aston Villa

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

DomIq1JW4AA9ex0.jpg

I dunno, "Cabbage Bruce" doesn't have quite the same ring to it as "Turnip Taylor"

Although Graham Taylor was a WAY better club manager than Steve Bruce.

And Grealish will now have to lie in his own sh!t after signing a new contract and effectively snookering himself.
Apparently he demanded a release clause be inserted so fair dues to him. He's extended his stay but also ensured that should the opportunity to leave arise Villa cannot say no

What's that you've got there mate?

A cabbage.

Why are you bringing a cabbage to a football match?

There's no vegetarian options in the pie shop.

Fair enough, in you go...

Its weird...like wtf happened. Signed for city and disappeared down a black hole. I feel like we need a doc on his career. I guess I never followed City or Villa close enough, but strange.
Micah Richards
Jack Rodwell
Adam Johnson
Wayne Bridge
Shaun Wright Phillips
Joleon Lescott
Scott Sinclair
Nedum Onuoha
Stephen Ireland.
And others

All at City at or just after the time they won the lottery, and then absolutely tanked their careers, many taking their new clubs down (Sunderland, QPR, Villa etc) . Strange phenomenon. Presumably overpaid and under motivated.

Edit: Sinclair doing OK in Scotland apparently

Micah Richards
Jack Rodwell
Adam Johnson
Wayne Bridge
Shaun Wright Phillips
Joleon Lescott
Scott Sinclair
Nedum Onuoha
Stephen Ireland.
And others

All at City at or just after the time they won the lottery, and then absolutely tanked their careers, many taking their new clubs down (Sunderland, QPR, Villa etc) . Strange phenomenon. Presumably overpaid and under motivated.

Edit: Sinclair doing OK in Scotland apparently
Jack Rodwell is 27 and playing (not playing) at a mid-table championship club after playing (occasionally) his part in Sunderland dropping from the PL to League One.

And to think it was all going so well at Everton before he signed on to be an English face on City's bench....

Apparently he demanded a release clause be inserted so fair dues to him. He's extended his stay but also ensured that should the opportunity to leave arise Villa cannot say no

Yes but if the rumoured release is £45m nobody's going to pay that (its probably double what any other championship player has been bought for) until general transfer fees double which will take a few years so in practice the clause is irrelevant, and its easier to look at it as just signing a 5 year contract

Back
Top Bottom