Ref violently attacked after match in turkish league

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m not condoning violence at all. I read through a few articles, looks like two red cards, one at the 95th minute, followed a last minute equalizer. The president of the team who were about to win then stupidity attacked the ref.

I kinda wish the general hatred towards refs in this country would stop. Sometimes the refs make mistakes, sometimes they make a correct decision that one team hates but they are human beings doing a very difficult job. Managers, players, pundits and fans in this country have been fueling it.

Players and managers have been taking the piss out of refs for years. Whether it is diving, abuse or time wasting, it has blighted our game. Correctly, the refs have and the authorities have tried to regain some power this season but there has been a strong pushback. You have idiots like Higginbottom and Artwata saying ludicrous things like "they are trying to ruin our game". There has been a general campaign by sky it seems to just get rid of refs altogether,

And then fans who say "rugby has it about right, they always get it right and they respect the ref etc..." but then those same fans can't respect the refs decision themselves and call for abuse. I tell those fans they can't have watched much rugby because the refs are getting it wrong all the time but everyone gets on with it.

Ange has it about right.

Last edited:
Hey, remember about ten years ago when in the lower leagues of Brazil someone fucking beheaded a ref on the field?
Well, I hope he got lifetime ban. Outrageous behaviour. What had the ref done?

Edit - here we are:

The ref had stabbed a player to death, during a fight caused by a dispute about one of his decisions. Members of the crowd tied the ref up, stoned him to death, quartered him, beheaded him and stuck his head on a pole, which was displayed in the middle of the pitch.

Last edited:
Well, I hope he got lifetime ban. Outrageous behaviour. What had the ref done?
Oh, well I forgot the full details.

The Ref stabbed a player to death for refusing to leave the field, then spectators invaded the field, beheaded him, quartered his body, and stuck the head on a stake.

Yikes, Brazil is fucking scary.

And now he is claiming that he is the actual victim. Because he was only going to spit on him, not slap the ref (He threw a closed fist punch), and the ref oversold it. And he has a heart problem so apparently he is the real one that was in danger.

What a clown.
Perhaps he's a Liverpool fan...lol

The media including the BBC are really dumbing down the refs injuries, the latest article is now quoting Turkish hospital head as saying he has a "swollen eye". Bit of national pride and money changing hands here I think? This will go away in quick time.

giphy.gif

Koca later issued a statement via Ankaragucu saying he had resigned as club president and apologising for his actions.

"No matter how great an injustice or how wrong [the officiating] was, nothing can legitimise or explain the violence that I perpetrated," he said.

This is not an apology!

Koca later issued a statement via Ankaragucu saying he had resigned as club president and apologising for his actions.

"No matter how great an injustice or how wrong [the officiating] was, nothing can legitimise or explain the violence that I perpetrated," he said.

This is not an apology!

It’s an explanation?

Now jail him!

Back
Top Bottom