Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Damn ... I was surprised how much I liked what I saw. He seems quite similar to Kane.
I think this would be a solid solid signing.

He actually reminds me a lot of :vdvshh:

- Dutch
- Left footed
- Runs like he has an injury or is seconds away from pulling up with a hammy

He always wears the number 18, so naturally will be a great player for us...

Sign him up.

tumblr_m9wdvgiN281rrk7c1o1_400.gif

Some nice goals and general play in that highlight reel, I can definitely see the similiarities to Kane with some of those left and right foot goals from just outside the area. His name fits the old Lewis Holtby chant nicely as well, let's get him.

We just need to sign someone with a name that fits the VDV chant now and I'll be happy

Damn ... I was surprised how much I liked what I saw. He seems quite similar to Kane.
I think this would be a solid solid signing.

Weaknesses: Offside Awareness

:defoe:

Looks like a powerful player and a great finisher, although I wonder how many of those 32 goals would have been scored in the Prem?

Some of the defending (particularly the first goal!) was proper:

Simpsons%20-%20Clown%20College%20Daydream.gif

Normally I'm a bit sceptical about strikers from the Dutch league, even if they are the top-scorer, but having seen him play for the Dutch national team as well, I can say he's a quality player. He's also still young, this is only his third year in professional football, and in his first year Eredivisie he immediately became top-scorer. What I like about him is that he holds the ball up well, involves others into play. Would be a good signing for us, the problem is, and this is an issue with every striker we will approach: can we convince the player to join knowing that Harry Kane is already here and Pochettino being nototiously reluctant to play a 442?

Not that it's much to go on... but this one FEELS like a Tottenham signing right now.
If the SSN yellow ticker had said WE'D put in a bid for Ibrahimovic or "Abanuymang-p'tang-Yang- Kipperbang, Oi!"(look it up, kids) ...I'd have pissed myself at the poor Journalism...
as it is, this one fits all the criteria, and just FEELS right.
haha im not the only one that thinks of that then....

The most important thing to me is that Poch chooses what players he wants

Also he has personally seen the player in action. That is a massive tell about the player being wanted by Pochettino. Gone are the days when our DoF; Pleat, Comolli, Baldini, Levy even, would go out and buy the players they wanted without the coaches full consent.

Normally I'm a bit sceptical about strikers from the Dutch league, even if they are the top-scorer, but having seen him play for the Dutch national team as well, I can say he's a quality player. He's also still young, this is only his third year in professional football, and in his first year Eredivisie he immediately became top-scorer. What I like about him is that he holds the ball up well, involves others into play. Would be a good signing for us, the problem is, and this is an issue with every striker we will approach: can we convince the player to join knowing that Harry Kane is already here and Pochettino being nototiously reluctant to play a 442?

Van Nistelrooy, Van Persie, Bergkamp, Van Hooijdonk, Bryan Roy were all pretty decent in the Premier League.

If they're Dutch international strikers it's safe to say they are generally quite good.

Don't know enough about Janssen, however 27 in 34 is pretty good. As is 4 in 5 internationals.

Last edited:
Van Nistelrooy, Van Persie, Bergkamp, Van Hooijdonk, Bryan Roy all say hello.
You're talking about years long past. The Eredivisie wasn't always sh!t, it used to be one of the top-leagues in the world, that's obviously not the case anymore, it has gone down quality-wise a lot in recent years, especially the defending. You can't compare that to the current situation. Bergkamp had won two European trophies with Ajax before he departed for Italy. Van Persie, van hooijdonk and Roy also won European trophies. Clearly the level of those clubs was far better at the time than it is now. That's not to say every striker coming out of the Eredivisie is going to be a failure, but I've seen it gone wrong a lot in recent years. That's also why I was encouraged by Janssen's performances for the Dutch national side, he showed he can perform there as well.

Not to take a massive dump on him, I trust Poch absolutely at this point (I'm certain this matters to him) liked what I've seen and am optimistic that Vinnie is gonna be fucking righteous, but...to play devil's advocate, Dozy Jozy Altidore scored 23 in 33 appearances for AZ a couple seasons ago....and he was only 23 at the time....and he's shit.

Fuck, why did I say anything.
:vdvcry:

You're talking about years long past. The Eredivisie wasn't always sh!t, it used to be one of the top-leagues in the world, that's obviously not the case anymore, it has gone down quality-wise a lot in recent years, especially the defending. You can't compare that to the current situation. Bergkamp had won two European trophies with Ajax before he departed for Italy. Van Persie, van hooijdonk and Roy also won European trophies. Clearly the level of those clubs was far better at the time than it is now. That's not to say every striker coming out of the Eredivisie is going to be a failure, but I've seen it gone wrong a lot in recent years. That's also why I was encouraged by Janssen's performances for the Dutch national side, he showed he can perform there as well.

The good thing is he is young and malleable as a player. Prefer us going out and being a bit left field with our signings. It just seems to work out better than getting a recognised name in for £20m.

Not to take a massive dump on him, I trust Poch absolutely at this point (I'm certain this matters to him) liked what I've seen and am optimistic that Vinnie is gonna be fucking righteous, but...to play devil's advocate, Dozy Jozy Altidore scored 23 in 33 appearances for AZ a couple seasons ago....and he was only 23 at the time....and he's shit.

Fuck, why did I say anything.
:vdvcry:

He was shit before he went to the Eredivisie, see his time at Hull.

As Gascoigne8 has pointed out it's doing it on the international stage that sells it. Just as well the Dutch are not at Euro 2016 otherwise he could be more coveted.

Back
Top Bottom