Liverpool away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They brought in a goalkeeper with over 200+ Premier League appearances and 17 caps for the Belgian national team.

An experienced centre half with over 400+ career appearances, partnering him with another experienced player with near 400 club appearences and Brazilian international. Spanish international coming in at left back.

£20,000,000+ summer signing in central midfield. England international and experienced Sturridge up top who has a near 1 in 2 record throughout his career.

They made changes, but they had much better depth to choose from when it comes to experience.

Whereas our change in depth showed an average age of 22 years old. Playing away from home at one of the best grounds in England.

That pretty much sums it up..... A bit of a gulf in experience and class.

When you look at it objectively the result and performance were no real surprise.

I guess my point is that people are probably going to have to start reassessing the threat Liverpool pose. Based on that show of depth they may be a good deal more robust over the course of the season than many of us were hoping. Certainly reading round here and closer to home many don't seem to give them much of a chance. That is becoming less and less comforting.

TV off. Can't be fucked. Embarrassing display, yet again. 1 goal in 5 games now I think?

Major work needs doing here. Pathetic.
You're such a cunt JC. It was a reserve team you twat. TV off? That's as much effort that you've put in to supporting Spurs in all the time you've been on here. Fucking embarrassing cunt.

That pretty much sums it up..... A bit of a gulf in experience and class.

When you look at it objectively the result and performance were no real surprise.

I guess my point is that people are probably going to have to start reassessing the threat Liverpool pose. Based on that show of depth they may be a good deal more robust over the course of the season than many of us were hoping. Certainly reading round here and closer to home many don't seem to give them much of a chance. That is becoming less and less comforting.

Liverpool are on the up. Sadly, they have finally got a decision right when it comes to appointing a manager. The job Klopp has done is exceptional really considering they still have some very average players in their line up. The form he has them on is scary, they create alot of chances, score a lot of goals and without Europe to compete in every other week, they're most certainly a threat.

The difference in squad depth was pretty sobering. Liverpool made 11 changes and essentially just swatted your equivalents aside. Even then they still had a £20m odd French international defender not even considered for selection for disciplinary reasons.

Pretty odd given you guys are the ones operating at Europe's top table.
Liverpool had some good strikers in Origi and Ings and a very good one in Sturridge, that is the real difference. We have Janssen who hasn't adapted yet to the English game and a youngster in Harrison. The rest of the teams are pretty equal. The players Liverpool had in defence aren't exactly brilliant players, we just didn't have a good striker there to test them.

I think we can all appreciate how good Alli is as well.

The likes of Winks, Harrison, Onomah etc. are all the same/similar age to Alli yet look how good and comfortable he looks at top level football compared to them. We have very talent youth products but they're still so very very far off

Liverpool can't defend. They won't do shit. Even they know that until they shore up their defence they're still a work in progress.

They have only conceded 2 more than the rest of the teams that make up the top 4. Remember, 3 of those goals were against Woolwich on the opening day. I agree that their defence isn't the best, certainly no where near as good as ours but they attack better then anyone in the league bar City in my opinion.

Liverpool are on the up. Sadly, they have finally got a decision right when it comes to appointing a manager. The job Klopp has done is exceptional really considering they still have some very average players in their line up. The form he has them on is scary, they create alot of chances, score a lot of goals and without Europe to compete in every other week, they're most certainly a threat.
They are not in Europe becuse they weren't good enough last season. We are as good and have the depth.. Your sounding like and believing all the knob heads on TV and radio.

They are not in Europe becuse they weren't good enough last season. We are as good and have the depth.. Your sounding like and believing all the knob heads on TV and radio.

But they are much better this season. The difference is night and day. Just like Pochettinos first and second seasons were with us.

Liverpool had some good strikers in Origi and Ings and a very good one in Sturridge, that is the real difference. We have Janssen who hasn't adapted yet to the English game and a youngster in Harrison. The rest of the teams are pretty equal. The players Liverpool had in defence aren't exactly brilliant players, we just didn't have a good striker there to test them.
Serious questions in fact would have to be asked of Winjandum(?), Origi, Sturridge & Ings had they not scored when up against an 18yr old playing in only his 2nd game and against a £4m Austrian defender.

The difference in squad depth was pretty sobering. Liverpool made 11 changes and essentially just swatted your equivalents aside. Even then they still had a £20m odd French international defender not even considered for selection for disciplinary reasons.

Pretty odd given you guys are the ones operating at Europe's top table.

I can't realistically defend our team based on the performance tonight. It was not / is not acceptable as a bench mark for performances overall.

What I can do though is follow up on the scarcastic mention of us operating on the Europe's top table comment. Your snide remark fails entirely to reflect Lolerpool's status in terms of history / revenue & muscle which even without Champions League is ( regretfully) higher than ours.

The fact that we finished so far above Pope Plopp the First last season had nothing to do with the top table. But everything to do with having more idea, more ability and more desire than your lot. Enjoy focusing on the league cup. It's your level. We will enjoy focusing on the Champions league as that's our level. Plopp is a fraud, he's showing you the Jewels of the league cup in hope you don't notice that despite hundreds upon hundreds of millions over 25 years you have not won the league and last year he got you to the high heights of 8th spot and nothing seriously hints that he is not aiming to win the league cup as he won't win anything else, that's pretty sobering !

Back
Top Bottom