***THE MIGHTY TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR V BRAIN LEVERKUSEN ****

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

t's fucking obvious where you were going with that & I wasn't the only person to notice it. From memory Jayc1 Jayc1 made a comment & he's the last person who'd bring race into any conversation about Spurs.

It was quite obvious he was going for a "You're a racist" view point. Why he suddenly introduced it out of nowhere was bizarre.

Why am I the last person to bring race into it, out of curiosity? o_O

Sorry i just cant see it happening mate
Too many players playing bad and have been for weeks now
I'd love to press the agree button mate- it's the way we've been programmed as Spurs fans. But this is the NLD. They nudged past a team of Bulgarian farmers having gone 2-0 down. We had a far tougher fixture. Yes, we were dreadful. It won't happen on Sunday. I'm sure of that.

The Lane is 110x73, Wembley is 115x74. I refuse to believe an extra half yard on each side and 2.5 at the back is really throwing off a team that regularly plays, and wins, on that size of field regularly in the Premier League. It's not as if Wembey is on the surface of the moon or 120x80 or some crazy shit.
Wembley pitch is noticeably bigger though, i think. I was sat pretty high up tonight and it just looks huge. And there were a few times tonight where passes were a little bit short and had we been at white hart lane, would have made it to the intended recipient. Im not saying its an excuse, by any stretch of the imagination. But you can't deny, at WHL its a completely different game.

8030 m^2 compared to 8510... like i said it is a noticeable difference. Things like muscle memory might come in to play. If you're used to having someone 50 meters away, and suddenly they're 52... 2 meters isn't that much but it can be the difference between having time to take a touch and go past a man vs having to adjust and a defender being on top of you straight away. In that respect, it becomes like an away game where things are a little bit unfamiliar.

I also think the crowd made a difference. There was 5 minutes of injury time at the end and we 100% could have nicked a goal then, but it was so flat the players looked like they just wanted it to be over. half the stadium had left by 85 minutes and people were walking out as early as 77 minutes. Had we got behind the team for the last 10 who knows what could have happened.

After tonight I would happily take a draw

giphy.gif

I think what we lack is that one player who can pass to set us on the break. If you time a pass, you don't need to be the fastest player. Eriksen CAN be that player when on form but today and many times this season he's either underhit or overhit it.

It just seems at the moment, the players are strictly playing to a system and don't want to break that system - it doesn't allow for fluidity or a natural play to our game. It's certainly strange because last season was different.
Agree with that. There were times son or davies were making runs in space on the wing and they just weren't getting picked out. That was one of the things that was frustrating about Soldado, he would make runs in behind but the ball would get played sideways on the ground. I've always been a big fan of the well timed ball over the top, think thats something we miss with Alderweireld out injured.

It was quite obvious he was going for a "You're a racist" view point. Why he suddenly introduced it out of nowhere was bizarre.

Why am I the last person to bring race into it, out of curiosity? o_O
You've already said on here that you are African/ mixed heritage? If I'm right, then I'm guessing that you wouldn't call a chump out on an issue of race. If I'm wrong at all, it's the first and probably last apology you'll get from me - you cunt.

:dierpochhug:

For what it's worth, old sausage cunt seems to me to be looking for trouble, using race as his soap box, & then shitting himself when he gets questioned. Leaves it a while (pretending to be be off the radar) then pops back up when he's allegedly somewhere bobbing around in the sea off the coast of Africa. Odd that the reception there seems better than when he's on land.

Agree with that. There were times son or davies were making runs in space on the wing and they just weren't getting picked out. That was one of the things that was frustrating about Soldado, he would make runs in behind but the ball would get played sideways on the ground. I've always been a big fan of the well timed ball over the top, think thats something we miss with Alderweireld out injured.

It's amazing how slow we are on the ball. You only have to look at the team that we had on the pitch for the majority of the game though.

Dier at centre half (rarely played there, if at all last season)
Davies at left back (he's no Rose)
Son on the wing (wasn't consistently part of the strongest eleven that dominated teams last season)
Janssen (new signing)
Sissoko (new signing)
Wanyama (new signing)

Just ZERO chemistry. The team is so different to the one that got us to this competition that it was always going to be different.

Yeah, just like going out of the League cup to Liverpool so we coul- oh.
I know. I am just trying to be positive ha.
Our chances don't look good on sunday.
& I'd love even just a draw.

To be honest though, I was expecting 4-6th this season.

Its more the one's who thought we would win the title that will find it hard seeing us disappoint.

I did expect us to qualify from our CL group though. On paper we should be finishing in the top 2.
Not sure if it's better to finish 3rd or 4th now?

Looking at the squads the teams around us have, I think we are going to have to over achieve again to get top 4.

poch doesn't rate the fa cup, so no silverware as per usual this season.

Last edited:
You've already said on here that you are African/ mixed heritage? If I'm right, then I'm guessing that you wouldn't call a chump out on an issue of race. If I'm wrong at all, it's the first and probably last apology you'll get from me - you cunt.

:dierpochhug:

For what it's worth, old sausage cunt seems to me to be looking for trouble, using race as his soap box, & then shitting himself when he gets questioned. Leaves it a while (pretending to be be off the radar) then pops back up when he's allegedly somewhere bobbing around in the sea off the coast of Africa. Odd that the reception there seems better than when he's on land.

Nah, you're right.

It makes me laugh that I've probably met you several times throughout my life yet neither of us know. Hilarious

I remember us travelling to the Emirates in Poch's first season coming off the back of losing to Liverpool, drawing with Sunderland and then losing at home to West Brom and fearing the worst but we defended well and got a point. I am a firm believer that form goes out the window in these games and to be honest if the players can't get themselves up for the North London fucking Derby then they shouldn't be in this team.

It's amazing how slow we are on the ball. You only have to look at the team that we had on the pitch for the majority of the game though.

Dier at centre half (rarely played there, if at all last season)
Davies at left back (he's no Rose)
Son on the wing (wasn't consistently part of the strongest eleven that dominated teams last season)
Janssen (new signing)
Sissoko (new signing)
Wanyama (new signing)

Just ZERO chemistry. The team is so different to the one that got us to this competition that it was always going to be different.
Plus we started with Wanyama and Dembele in defensive mid. Eriksen played well defensively for parts of the game and seemed more concerned with that. That leaves Son who was isolated and, to be fair, often doubled up on. Sissoko who was fucking ridiculous and Dele who is then stuck in the middle completely marked out the game as our only attacking outlets.

We looked much better when Janssen came on, but then like you said, we're left with a team of out of form/second string/new signings. With that much going against us, in a tight game, its asking a lot.

And Leverkeusen pressed high, so Loris' weakness was exposed. I shit my pants about 50 times tonight watching hernandes baring down on hugo, yet again.

Plus we started with Wanyama and Dembele in defensive mid. Eriksen played well defensively for parts of the game and seemed more concerned with that. That leaves Son who was isolated and, to be fair, often doubled up on. Sissoko who was fucking ridiculous and Dele who is then stuck in the middle completely marked out the game as our only attacking outlets.

We looked much better when Janssen came on, but then like you said, we're left with a team of out of form/second string/new signings. With that much going against us, in a tight game, its asking a lot.

And Leverkeusen pressed high, so Loris' weakness was exposed. I shit my pants about 50 times tonight watching hernandes baring down on hugo, yet again.

It doesn't help that Walker isn't the best technically and Dier is most certainly not a centre half. We miss the coolness of Alderweireld at the back and his ability to find a team mate when under pressure. I think it will surprise a lot of people at just how much better will be when he's back.

Our problem all seems to come about when he got injured. When Kane got injured we smashed Middlesbrough and then battered Man City. We even dominated West Brom in the first half of the game and then when Alderweireld got injured in the second half, they obviously put us under a lot of pressure, scored their goal and ever since then we've struggled.

I remember us travelling to the Emirates in Poch's first season coming off the back of losing to Liverpool, drawing with Sunderland and then losing at home to West Brom and fearing the worst but we defended well and got a point. I am a firm believer that form goes out the window in these games and to be honest if the players can't get themselves up for the North London fucking Derby then they shouldn't be in this team.
We will get a result there.
They nudged past a shockingly poor team of 5 a side Bulgarian farmers having got shafted defensively - twice - in the first few minutes . Form may/may not be an issue on Sunday. But what is a fact is that as bad as we were tonight, we didn't go 2-0 down to a piss poor team of semi pros. We actually played a competitive match tonight, against a team in a comparable league to ours, rather than their joke game against ludogorets from a league that can barely field a national team these days. We will be up for this & im sure we will get a result. Now can we stop doubting, have a coke & a smile & shut the fuck up?(please)

COYS

We will get a result there.
They nudged past a shockingly poor team of 5 a side Bulgarian farmers having got shafted defensively - twice - in the first few minutes . Form may/may not be an issue on Sunday. But what is a fact is that as bad as we were tonight, we didn't go 2-0 down to a piss poor team of semi pros. We actually played a competitive match tonight, against a team in a comparable league to ours, rather than their joke game against ludogorets from a league that can barely field a national team these days. We will be up for this & im sure we will get a result. Now can we stop doubting, have a coke & a smile & shut the fuck up?(please)

COYS

I hope I'm wrong but you are talking absolute shit fella

Back
Top Bottom